Isaac
Years ago

NBL ABC Dunk Comp

Adam Westerhout managed to capture a few of the dunks and threw them up on Twitter:

Topic #39973 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

Looks like it was a quality comp. IMO that free-throw line dunk was special.

Reply #599808 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Apparently the video has been shared/viewed over 100 thousand times already. This is great for the league.

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/nbl-dunk-contest-helps-to-win-over-nba-fans/

Reply #599815 | Report this post

KBRulzRulz  
Years ago

It was great but Facebook views are sketchy. You only need to let it run for 3 seconds for it to be considered a "view"

Reply #599832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 100,000 + people have viewed it for 3+ secs and you aren't happy?

Reply #599833 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I doubt people have turned it on for 3 seconds and dismissed it quite that quickly. It is still a lot of views. It's sitting around 140 000 views now. And meanwhile, the NBL has added a whole lot of likes today, to reach 100 000. THere's no denying that the dunk competition has increased interest.

And NBL TV is set to be released tomorrow.

Reply #599836 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Got a source for that, other than the Telstra thing?

Reply #599837 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yes. Cant tell you who, but expect it tomorrow

Reply #599838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you watch it for free?
Dunking is meh. Seeing Cadee in this case turn rags into riches was awesome IMO.

Reply #599839 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

@ME: Cheers. Figured as much, but didn't want to get too excited just in case.

Reply #599840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope it's free for Telstra subscribers.

Reply #599841 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Free for Telstra mobile customers and NBL season ticket holders.

Still no sign of an announcement, or even indication an announcement is coming...or anything at all, actually. Total social media silence since last night from the league and clubs.

Odd, even putting aside the NBL TV thing.

Reply #599877 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I was told it would be announced today so I am not sure what the hold up is. If it is not today they're holding it back for a specific reason because it's meant to be today.

Reply #599891 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Possibly saving it for tonight, but not a good sign if it doesn't happen I'd imagine. When did you get that information? If it was a few weeks ago it's probably not a huge deal, but if it was over the weekend a delay probably means something's gone pretty wrong very unexpectedly.

Even if it were planned for tonight, I'd think they would have mentioned something was coming.

Either way I would've expected some social media activity to continue the momentum from the ABC and hype up the season.

Of course, it's always possible I'm just way too excited for NBL TV and am overthinking the entire thing and it's actually meaningless.

Reply #599893 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

https://ausdroid.net/2016/09/23/telstra-will-offer-customers-free-access-nbl-live-app/

The NBL Live offer will go live for mobile customers on the 27th of September

Bizarre that there's been nothing from the NBL mentioning this date, given it's pretty clearly been set for a while.

And it's now 4pm on the 27th and still no sign of anything. Given there are a few articles out there saying nothing more than that it goes live on the 27th and you need to click on a banner in the app, I can't imagine they're waiting for tonight because people would read that information and expect it to already be available.

Reply #599904 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I haven't been able to get any updates on the matter, which sucks. I can't imagine the announcement taking much longer. And I really can't imagine there being some big calamity that got in the way of it being announced. As far as I am aware, the service is ready and good-to-go.

Reply #599920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's after 6pm, surely it's not happening today?

Reply #599921 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Above post was me.

NBL.TV shows a blank page now, rather than returning a 'server not found' error as it was doing last night. Not sure if that means anything.

Something's obviously gone wrong, though. No idea why the NBL is ignoring questions and not providing any information.

Reply #599923 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The NBL TV site now shows a "register your interest" form. Whenever it's launching, it's presumably not soon.

Reply #599955 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Finally managed to get a response from the NBL Twitter account. "Next few days", apparently.

The lack of specificity isn't encouraging.

Reply #599991 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's still a week until the season starts and LK has got more than enough money to make something happen when he wants relax.

Reply #599997 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It was supposed to launch yesterday. It didn't, and they can't tell us when it will. That points to some serious technical issues. Given that the word late Tuesday was they were still on pace for the original launch date...whatever's come up can't be good.

In terms of quelling doubts resulting from the previous iteration of NBL TV, and the NBL Live app from last year, it's not a good start.

It's particularly frustrating for me because I usually spend the time between the Blitz and the ABC binging on old games I have on DVD, but I feel like it's a waste to watch anything that'll be available in better quality in a few days anyway. I've doubtless got games that won't be available on the service, at least at launch, but without a list I don't know what those games are.

Reply #599999 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It was supposed to launch yesterday. It didn't, and they can't tell us when it will.

Did the league say that or was it just a guy on a forum that said it? If the league didn't announce it was going to be launched yesterday then nothing is wrong and logically I wouldn't expect them to tell fans when it is going to launch either to ensure any issues are ironed out.

The season starts next Wednesday if it's not up and running by then by all means jump up and down.

Reply #600001 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I posted the link above that said the 27th was the launch date. That's also the date given on Telstra's website.

When the first NBL TV was announced, they gave a launch date and it launched on that date. Same with WWE Network. It's standard procedure with video games to announce them while they're still being developed. You get to a point where you can give a reliable ETA, then you announce a launch date. If they're not at that point yet, there's trouble.

I'm less worried now that the NBL account has finally responded to a question, but until an hour or so ago there had been complete silence on the issue despite questions by multiple people on multiple social media platforms. However, the vagueness says 'we're having issues and we don't know when they'll be solved'.

Reply #600003 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Okay next few days it is then although I wouldn't be kicking up a fuss until I go to watch on the first day of the season and it's still not up and running.

Reply #600005 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I have Foxtel, I don't give a toss about that portion of it.

Reply #600008 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The site is now live, but it's impossible to sign up.

Reply #600086 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Getting there..

Btw the Perth vs Tianjin is available on the app now.

Reply #600087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much do these NBL match day managers get paid?

Reply #600601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754