Luuuc
Years ago

Wildcats v Breakers - Fri 14/10

Tip-off is 18:30 WST

Posting this now because I just noticed a very nice deal on parking in the Cats email. $4 at Wilson's "Citipark" - 427-437 Murray Street, if you book ahead and use the promo code REDARMY

https://bookabay.wilsonparking.com.au/

Topic #40075 | Report this topic

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Cheers for the heads up Luuuc

Reply #601926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leggo Cats

Reply #601988 | Report this post

B  
Years ago

Should be another good game as always between the two clubs. Wildcats have opened the top level again, expecting another huge crowd for Redhage's 350th.

We still have lots to work on, but saw some good signs last week. Expecting the Cats to get better each game as the new group gel together.

Wildcats by 6

Reply #601999 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

With not too much confidence I will pick the Wildcats also, by maybe 6 points...

Reply #602014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great parking tip luuuc. Is that 'all day' parking? Hopefully they have it regularly

Reply #602021 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Always a tough game between these two teams. Somehow the Breakers usually play very well in Perth. Interesting to see how the teams match up this year, with their respective changes.

Naturally hoping for a Cats win, but at this point in the season, who knows.

Reply #602026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THanks Dazz. Inciteful.

Reply #602043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there still a feed of the Adelaide game on NBL TV

Reply #602074 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, that was some awkward footage on nbl.tv

Reply #602075 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Here we go with game two of my Friday NBL Fix, I reckon this one will be a cracker...

Can I go three from three???

Reply #602077 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Vickona, smart post play from a skilled big, nothing like Wagstaff who has about half the skill of the big Kiwi.

Perth surely have a better big to start with?

Reply #602079 | Report this post

Keen observer  
Years ago

Johnson is already one of my favourite players to watch. He has a really smooth shooting stroke and can score in a number of different ways.

Reply #602080 | Report this post

Keen observer  
Years ago

What was the awkward footage?

Reply #602081 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Prather has packed on a bit of muscle in the off season. Shooting free throws he reminds me a bit of mark davis back in the day.

Still needs more size on those triceps to get to his level though

Reply #602082 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ Keen observer: the commentary team from the Adelaide-Melbourne game, with no idea the cameras were still on and live.

Reply #602083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'@ Keen observer: the commentary team from the Adelaide-Melbourne game, with no idea the cameras were still on and live.'

Huddo even asked the crew if they were back live yet and he was told no, yet they were ://///////

Reply #602085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dat euro step

Reply #602088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ should slide to a Princeton/Mitzi defence and aggressively hedge weakside to shut Prather down. At the moment they are helping off him from pin-downs and curl cuts and he is just using his ridiculous upside to blow by fools.

Reply #602089 | Report this post

Keen observer  
Years ago

Oh wow. In the earlier game, Fox's cameras drifted away from a fast break to gawk at the scoreboard, so it hasn't been the slickest night of NBL coverage :(

Reply #602091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney is turned into your common house variety chucker

Reply #602092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny > Penny

Reply #602093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVPrather

In loving memory of the trophy Ennis should have gotten

Reply #602096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liking Kenny and Gus Brandt contribution soh far

Reply #602097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ didnt listen to my advice, they failed to hedge weakside on Casey Prather and the charismatic import flashed more of his ridiculous upside to dominate that quarter. He really disrupted the NZ defence by flaring off a UCLA cut in a nice action that had Penney helping off his man. NZ have been attempting to rush the pack line offense but haven't suceeded and should revert to the high low triangle.

Reply #602098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol why do you keep saying upside so much

Reply #602099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a big Tueta guy. He is a heady passer who really knows how to run a Grinnell offence. Penney needs to use his verticality and length in D more.

Reply #602100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That low angle is great. They should use it more

Reply #602101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been doing a bit of lip-reading and have decoded one of the Perth calls. Watch for the Perth boys calling "Lemon" to alert their man a pick is incoming

Reply #602102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live stats has the score 72-65 dafuqqqqqqqqq

Reply #602103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Breakers on 69 or 70?

Reply #602105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather has man arms now

Reply #602106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm very high on Kenny's tremendous upside.

Reply #602107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loooooooooooool

How rekt are FIBA live scores

Reply #602108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dammit I had money on the Breakers

Reply #602110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those early minutes of the fourth where prather took it off that young man twice was very costly for NZ

Reply #602116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has henare put the shackles on Webster?

Reply #602117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemon LOL

Reply #602118 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Kennys free throws summed him up.

Reply #602119 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Was an intriguing side game happening through the second half with the stats bench software (and therefore the NBL Live App) consistently in disagreement with the arena scoreboard, by varying amounts.

That Prather guy was handy. Especially his upside.

Reply #602121 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Ugly, "got out of Gaol" win by the Cats. Just lucky Wagstaff had a good game by his standards and the Kiwis appeared to tire.

Reply #602122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excited by Cats upside after tonight

Reply #602124 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Watching Tueta not get the ball past halfcourt twice gave me bad memories of Shea Ili in the same position. How we don't have some help in something that simple is frustrating. That and seeing KP blank 2 straight free throws.

Breakers didn't deserve to win the game overall - but don't know how we were that close. Need to figure out who's sitting in the crunch-time 5 between C-Web/KP. Don't think both can play as we need Woodside and Abbo in there, and I don't trust our rebounding ability if we go small.

Reply #602134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would the Cats need to invent a secret code for alerting their teammates of a pick? Are they trying to throw their opponent off by pretending they haven't seen the screen?

When they want help D, they say "no help" so the opponent thinks "hahaha they didn't ask for help" but then all of a sudden the help is there and that same opponent is like wut?

Reply #602184 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754