Walter
Years ago

Matt McQuade

I notice MM at the Kings v Cairns game sitting at the table alongside guys from the media outlets.

Is he still working for the Kings or for the NBL?

Topic #40083 | Report this topic

Keen observer  
Years ago

He called some of the ABC didn't he?

Reply #602245 | Report this post

Walter  
Years ago

I saw the press conference after the Kings win over cairns and notice hearing his voice asking gaze and cadee all the questions.

Maybe he's freelancing.

Reply #602301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was told his services wasn't needed anymore by Kings new management as part of the staff cleanout
but still hangs around on game night. He's hoping to be back involved in some capacity within the media.

Reply #602473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still hangs around on game night after being given the heave ho? I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or just think he's being pathetic.

Reply #602478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the Kings still do Kings Radio? If not, and that is the reason he no longer works for them, not sure why you think that is pathetic.

Reply #602507 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think the NBL should hire him and Liam Santamaria to do some sort of round review type show or maybe even something with the classics.

I like his work a lot and think he is a commodity that should be used more somehow,

Oh wait can he be court side announcer, that Kings announcer is ridiculously bad
WHO'S Ball? Fuck off mate!

Good luck Matt and I hope you can stay around a lot more on our NBL screens, he is way better than Steve Carfino as a play by play caller

Reply #602519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he hangs around at a workplace that fired him and you can't see anything sad about that? You must be some David Brent type character.

Reply #602529 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well there's also the fact that he's a Kings fan, so maybe he, oh I don't know, actually enjoys watching the games?

Reply #602537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's a fan, maybe sit with the fans instead of pretending he's employed when he isn't?

I know that's hard for a very limited brain like yours to understand AngusH, but just give it a shot would ya.

Reply #602538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha Anon you sad sack give it a rest. He can sit where he likes, same as ex-players who weren't signed. If they are given the chance to sit courtside you would be stupid, or have a limited brain like yours, to reject that offer.

Also he has been calling some games. He called the 36ers game yesterday?

Reply #602540 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I doubt very much he's "pretending" to be employed, although maybe I should just leave my seats next game and go sit at the scorers table and see if anyone notices?

Reply #602541 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

People have said, that he may have been involved in the Kennedy assassination... and that he may be a part time interpretive modern jazz dancer..

Reply #602544 | Report this post

Tiger22  
Years ago

So, a guys is employed by the NBL to commentate on the league produced broadcast, still writes for the Kings website, is seen to be "hanging around" and you think he's pathetic? You Mr Anonymous are actually the pathetic and clearly envious one!!!

Reply #602545 | Report this post

Matt McQuade  
Years ago

I wasn't going to respond to this, but Isaac suggested I should, so here I am.

The anon poster (602473) who said:

"He was told his services wasn't needed anymore by Kings new management as part of the staff cleanout
but still hangs around on game night. He's hoping to be back involved in some capacity within the media."

That is utterly, blatantly false. I have done a lot of media-related work for many years for the team, as many would know, and as I have done for the league as a whole, including this preseason, but to say "his services wasn't (sic) required" is an absolute lie. No one in the organisation has ever said that to me - in fact I'm still involved heavily with the team. Email Jeff Van Groningen and ask him. Yes, Kings Radio is not going ahead this season, but I'm doing some writing for the team, including on game nights, and helping out with the media conferences.

If you anonymous keyboard warriors want to take shots at my commentary or my writing, that's fine. But I'd think very carefully about making statements that are on the edge of character defamation - or more importantly, writing stuff that is an outright lie. I've already flagged this with Isaac.

Reply #602546 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Seeming as you are reading this thread Matt wanted to say keep up the good work. Love your commentary during the pre-season games I saw.

Reply #602547 | Report this post

Matt McQuade  
Years ago

Thanks Double Clutch, much appreciated. Loved doing all 15 games in Brisbane. Liam Santamaria did a phenomenal job as did Tommy Greer. Great to still be involved with the league, considering where it's headed. Exciting times.

Reply #602548 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Ditto Double Clutch! As a fan of basketball and desirous to see the game itself and the commercial element of it continue to flourish again here in Australia, thank you for your paid and unpaid efforts over the years Matt in helping the game through your media work.

Your professionalism is outstanding - keep up the great work! :)

Reply #602549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rest assured MM there are lots of keyboard warriors here and most have no understanding of the game nor what you have done in your career for the NBL and the Kings Keep up the good work.

Reply #602553 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Excellent work putting anon keyboard warriors back in their place... Not sure why it was anyone else's business, but they're mental if they haven't noticed all the great things that Matt has contributed to the league as a whole but especially the Kings...

Sign me up to the petition to get him more broadcast time...

Reply #602554 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Well said Matt.
Keep up the great work.

Reply #602556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ditto to above mate. I would hope it's your decision not to be calling other games this year because your work at the ABC was top notch.

Is Liam Santamaria involved in some capacity? I loved his work on the call too, and Greer also.

Reply #602564 | Report this post

Matt McQuade  
Years ago

Definitely not my decision to not call any games this year. Would love to be doing it, but just biding my time and waiting for an opportunity. Liam is calling games in Melbourne (and doing a hell of a job) for EON Sports Radio, so I'm thankful that at least one of us is still involved in that capacity. Plus Tommy is a really solid pickup as an analyst for the TV games and continues to improve.

And thanks for all the positive posts, they are greatly appreciated.

Reply #602585 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

#IStandWithMatt

Reply #602587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#MattLivesMatter

Reply #602589 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

#JeSuisMatt

Reply #602590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#MakeMcQuadeGreatAgain

Reply #602591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#DicksOutForMcQuade

Reply #602592 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Sad to see someone with nothing better to do than just peddle crap on an online forum, especially in the form of personal attacks.

Reply #602610 | Report this post

Tom Read  
Years ago

Appalling character assassination on this thread. Matt is a great guy, hard worker & still a valuable member of the Sydney Kings & NBL media community.

Reply #602675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good work Matt, don't listen to the haters

Reply #602681 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I note you didn't debunk the interpretative jazz dance allegation?

Reply #602693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. A lot of peeps shouting self-righteous nonsense here. You all need to chill

Reply #602695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. A lot of peeps shouting self-righteous nonsense here. You all need to chill

Reply #602696 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Uhhh no, sorry. You crossed the line and are being rightfully called out on it.

Reply #602698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754