Reply #603164 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

"replacement is... expected to arrive in Australia sometime next week."

So not Jaron Johnson

Reply #603165 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

PG Depth was the only weakness in this Kings group.

Right now they're my tip for the championship. And this move only strengthens that prediction.

Bryson had struggled to make an impact, they need someone who can facilitate the offense for stretches, hit open 3's and play solid lock down D on opposing guards. Lisch and Cadee are capable of averaging 35ppg between them, and will play 60+ mpg between them, so they just need someone who can play solid, team oriented basketball for 20 minutes a game, they don't need a star but they could use someone with a varied skill set.

Reply #603168 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Feel for him, but not exactly unexpected. Kid's got some hops, but probably needs a season or two in a weaker league.

I'm hoping whoever we bring in is a vet 1/2 type who can play 15-20 mins of solid ball off the bench. Not sure we need a lot more than that right now.

Reply #603169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

replace 'Sydney Kings' with 'Perth Wildcats' and 'Michael Bryson' with 'Jaron Johnson' in the article and the two clubs release statments sound almost identical lol

Reply #603171 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

So much for the Copeland comparisons..

Reply #603172 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

A shame really that he couldn't get his game going, but it was for more than just 4 regular season games... Mike hadn't improved since he first got here and had played quite a bit of pre-season as well, and wasn't getting hardly any numbers even against Chinese teams...

Unfortunate, as he is a lovely guy, but definitely agree with PV on who we need to replace him with... Just hope we don't have to see out a round or two without someone and have to use Prewster and Moller for extended minutes!

Reply #603174 | Report this post

Triton 93  
Years ago

Cue Nate Robinson theories...

Reply #603191 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

"Feel for him, but not exactly unexpected. Kid's got some hops, but probably needs a season or two in a weaker league.

I'm hoping whoever we bring in is a vet 1/2 type who can play 15-20 mins of solid ball off the bench. Not sure we need a lot more than that right now."

Very well said. I totally agree

Reply #603194 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Where's Kendle at the moment? Didn't the Kings give him somewhat of a look during the pre season? He fits the bill and would be affordable.

Reply #603204 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Shame really and I do feel for him, but the NBL is a very competitive league now and a team can't carry an import brought in basically as a shooter who is almost a non-scorer.

Good luck to him at the next stop. I hope he goes onto a long career as a pro.

Reply #603205 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Luke Kendall did play against the visiting college teams and looked out of his depth. I believe he is 35 now and he just doesn't have the athleticism any more.

Had a decent career but he's not a NBL player in 2016.

Reply #603206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First of JVG's failures.

Reply #603249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendall is an assistant coach at home games and is visibly overweight, just like alot of assistants hey mr bEn. He is not a realistic option.

Reply #603371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he means Jeremy Kendal, point guard from the Bendigo Braves in the SEABL who was scouted by the Kings pre-season.

Reply #603377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeremy Kendle of the singapore slingers?

Reply #603383 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Oops I meant Luke Cooper. Don't know about Kendall

Reply #603387 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

They have an import slot vacant and I would assume money to spend. I think it's highly unlikely they'd be looking at broken/fat/undersized/over the hill players. Either ones who were solid NBL players in their prime or bench riders in their prime

Reply #603399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve Blake is the new signing according to Olgun Uluc on twitter a great get.

Reply #603402 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754