Anonymous
Years ago

Will Lucas Walker stay with Perth?

I noticed he was still on the bench last night although not in uniform. Will he stay on as a training player like Dexter last year and then play if any injuries

Topic #40121 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope not

Reply #603486 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Could be.
It could also be that the Cats promised him X number of weeks, and with Knight back a little early than anticipated they are still fulfilling their mutual obligations.
If they want him around, it to his benefit to keep training with the Cats, in case somebody else needs a short-term fill-in.

Besides, if Matty keeps banging his head (again) he'll be out with another concussion.
It's no wonder he wears his hair in a fro, but he needs a padded helmet.

I actually thought Walker looked ok in his limited minutes for us. Not gonna win a ring, but not bad for a stop-gap local.

Reply #603501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was sitting on the bench and not a player on the team, that's a breach of the rules.

Reply #603503 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Í dont think the rules are really important any more any way

Reply #603528 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

The Wildcats explain here with this tweet before last night's game https://twitter.com/PerthWildcats/status/789406883299733504. He was a spectator tonight at the Lynx game as well

Reply #603550 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So the coaches and physios are all breaking the rules too?
What about me? I sat on a chair in the Perth Arena, and I'm not part of the team.

When I saw him, he was actually down our end.
There;s a bunch of seats where usually the DPs and TPs sit.

Reply #603551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right on cue. Dazz to the rescue!

Reply #603552 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

With Knight returning, is there really a need for him? I suppose that depends upon how you feel about Kernich-Drew, who is really the only player on the roster that I could envisage Walker taking the place of (short of an early-retirement for Redhege), and again as mentioned in the Kings 11th man thread, I am unfamiliar with the injury replacement player rule.

Reply #603591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DKD hit 2 threes today and likely will get better as the season progresses. We ain't cutting him.

Reply #603638 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

They play completely different positions anyway.
If we decided that DKD had to be cut then it's not like Lucas would be taking his roster spot.

It's kinda crazy that there isn't a place for him in this league though. What a luxury it was to be able to have him fill in while Matty was out.

Reply #603642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure how serious Kenny's injury was today - maybe Lucas might get another game if Jarrod misses.

Reply #603647 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What's peoples' overall impression of him at this point?

He's still with Perth, and some have speculated he could be a "like for like" replacement for Redhage.

I thought he was handy enough in his few minutes for Perth when Knight was injured.
And I suppose if nobody else is available, he'd be ok to have on the bench as your 11th man.
I'm just not sure we need to add another ageing player?
Redhage was valuable in his latter years because of his experience. Not sure Walker brings the same.
And Redhage was probably kept an extra year to reach some milestsones.

Reply #621793 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

You would think he'd be on a promise or similar to hang around Perth for most of the season and not play. How old is Walker now?

Reply #621794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker turning 33 this year, hardly forward looking.

Reply #621795 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Well, maybe he has a good job in Perth and likes to keep fit. Not much value to any NBL team at 34 next season.

Reply #621797 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

He's JUST turned 32 in December, but yeah, not exactly going to lower the average age.

I imagine he's a TP at the moment, but he's decked out like a coach or DP, and is often with the group after the game.
(Similar to DKD last year.)

Reply #621801 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Depends on how the roster stacks up next year. If they have a relatively talented lineup he might be good for the 11th spot.

Reply #621802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again Dazzed doesn't know the rules about who is allowed to sit officially on a team bench. Why am I not surprised.

Reply #621803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Once again Dazzed doesn't know the rules about who is allowed to sit officially on a team bench. Why am I not surprised."

Why don't you explain what the obscure rule is instead of being a dick about it?

Reply #621805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazzed questioned the bench rule by saying "So the coaches and physios are all breaking the rules too?"
No obscure rules what so ever. I guess you don't know who can sit on the bench either.

Reply #621812 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So once again, another stupid anonytroll who can't comprehend what the thread is about.

I'll give you a clue:
This one is actually in the title.

Reply #621813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I guess you don't know who can sit on the bench either."

No I don't, which is why I asked you to explain it instead of being a dick.

Reply #621817 | Report this post

WTF !!  
Years ago

DAZZ - "I sat on a chair in the Perth Arena"

Perth Arena management - " Good to know where it got to, can you get it out and bring it back before the next game ?- we are happy to clean it up , and bolt it back in more firmly this time"

Reply #621888 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

I wonder if L Walker has an SBL gig lined up? Plenty of money around the northern suburbs it seems.

Reply #621891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Dazz you said "So the coaches and physios are all breaking the rules too?
What about me? I sat on a chair in the Perth Arena, and I'm not part of the team."

Hey I have an idea why don't you start a topic about getting the ref's mic'd.

Any real basketball fan I would have thought should know the bench rules. AS you would expect about interchanges, how many AFL players can suit up, volleyball players and more. Netballers too, hockey they all have simple rules that even Dazzed can understand and the other illiterate sports fans who know not a lot about the game can.

Reply #621892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So for the third time, why don't you explain the rule instead of being a dick.

Reply #621895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google is your friend If you have any.

Reply #621898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you don't know either, you just wanted to be a dick.

Reply #621900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas will be a Cat next season. He will take Redhages place.

Reply #621909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you were that concerned about the rule you could find it yourself. I already know it. Dazzed doesn't nor you.

Reply #621913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job Bruce. No wonder you are so despised.

Reply #621914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he really is an utter knob. must be an absolute delight in person as well, telling you to just go look it up for yourself any time you ask a question.
"how was your day, bruce?"
"oh you don't know how my day was? wow you have nfi. why don't you google it? or just go ask vlahov"

Reply #621915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shut uP.

Reply #621916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is right though. It would be quicker to google the rules than wait to get an answer on a forum. The rules even have an index section so its easy to find!!

Reply #621917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point isn't to find out what the rule was. The point was to say anyone that saying "haha you dont know the rules, idiot" and then not explaining it is just being a dick.

Reply #621918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does anyone have to explain a rule on a forum? This is the internet, its all there for every person to find. Once you google it you dont need it explained by a dick do you

Reply #621919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is ACE

Reply #621923 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I don't think he knows the answer either ;)

Reply #621926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job doormat

Reply #621931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe look it up yourself 4.2.1

Reply #621935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's the one. Lets hope the annoying anonymous' will stfu now.

Reply #621968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazzed can read those funny signals the umpires use too.
https://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/2014/Official_Basketball_Rules_2014_Y.pdf Page 56 onwards

Reply #621970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lets hope the annoying anonymous' will stfu now."

My irony meter just exploded!

Reply #621972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A thread that takes the piss out of Bruce is always a good one.

Reply #621973 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

If the anonytrolls can stop masturbating for one second...

Is it possible Walker is being hired as a coach, or some other form of team official?

Non-playing DPs, and TPs, usually sit in the crowd. And often the TP's aren't in uniform.

Whereas Walker is always with the team.

We can probably discuss future development more in the off-season, but I imagine the Cats will be looking to add quality at the top end. If you've got nobody better, Walker would be fine to replace Redhage as the 11th man, but I'm just not sure they'll have a vacancy at that level. (ie I imagine they'll add somebody better.)

Reply #622322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many asst coaches do the Cats have now?

Reply #622335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3. Great idea having a 4th one Dazzed.

Reply #622340 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Is he by any chance a qualified physio or somesuch?

Just wondering what the explanation for his presence is?

Reply #622393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's hanging around until next season, when he'll take Redhage's roster spot.

Reply #622396 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Walker spent some times with the physio/fitness staff of the Utah Jazz during the offseason so might've been kept on for that reason this season.

Reply #622397 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

He's hanging around until next season, when he'll take Redhage's roster spot.

I don't discount that possibility, although I think its unlikely they would add a 32yr old.

Moreover, the question remains why is he sitting with the team? All the other DPs & TPs sit in the crowd.

Reply #622415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754