Crusty Juggler
Years ago

36ers are better than we thought - get over it.

SO lets be real here, you feel stupid because you tipped Adelaide to finish last, yet they're the TOP consistent scoring side in the league and are 3-2. Beat Bullets in overtime, embarrassed Melbourne in Melbourne. Decimated a pathetic Cairns team without Creek.

They're playing great basketball even without Mitch Creek. I think it's time people actually looked at them as potential championship threats. Especially if they continue to improve, with the absolute exceptional talent they have. Only worry so far is Drmic under achieving, Majok's pathetic minutes and Fergusons foul trouble.

Topic #40142 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crusty,

Before you finish creaming yourself over your Sixers singlet by suggesting they are the "TOP consistent scoring side", they are not Illawarra are.

Furthermore, whats the use of scoring 88.2 when you concede 91.8. Yes...those are league worst Against numbers...making Adelaide the TOP consistent least defensive side.

Reply #604090 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol.

Crusty has been juggling in his own bath water.

6ers are nothing without Randle.
With Randle, they're bottom half of the table.

Reply #604093 | Report this post

Crusty Juggler  
Years ago

PLEASE, you guys are just a joke, you don't even watch basketball "Illawarra are" well then where is their scoring prowess when they are sitting 1-4?.
ROFL, for the last time, does your mum know you're up late? it's not good when you have school in the morning. You can score all you like but when you're sitting 1-4 that doesn't matter. Also 36ers will keep their spot in the top four, I feel sorry for you people, you play 2k17 no doubt and that's all you know about basketball. None of you have coached at any point I bet haha.

Reply #604096 | Report this post

Crusty Juggler  
Years ago

ever be apart of a coaching staff on a professional level?

No I didn't think so...

Reply #604098 | Report this post

Crusty Juggler  
Years ago

in 2013 and 2014 I was apart of the Manchester Magic coaching staff, I've seen coaches and I've seen ones that always keep their teams competitive. Whether or not I like Joey he does get the best out of his players. Seriously, they'll make the top 4. Whether you like it or not.

Reply #604099 | Report this post

Crusty Juggler  
Years ago

creaming over the sixers - I'm a Perth fan...

Reply #604103 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Adelaide have ridden Randle's brilliance to a couple of early wins but they'll need a lot more as the season goes on if they want to keep winning.

They've done enough to convince me they're a chance to finish 5th or 6th.

Reply #604107 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Don't Feed the Troll

Reply #604111 | Report this post

lawsy  
Years ago

Agree mate, they have been better than I thought... But, how could they realistically beat a team like the kings? Adelaide is a Randall injury away from the wooden spoon... They are young, as the season drags on, you will see them lose by 20 plus regularity.. Copy n paste that

Reply #604114 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We've definitely been better than advertised. But we're still a 4th at best proposition.
Brisbane were a brand new team, still getting used to each other. Melbourne shot hideously against us. Cairns are by far the worst team.
Sobey is playing out of his skin at the moment, so is Randle. If they both keep it up, we will keep winning. But I find it hard to believe that this will be the norm for Sobey. We're still an extremely young unit, we will have games like Illawarra and Melbourne2 where we'll be blown out of the water. And we'll have games like Brisbane and Melbourne1 where things fall into place and we play well.
We've covered Creek better than I ever imagined, though. Losing our second best player, when we were already a fairly limited unit already and still playing just as well is a testament to the guys we have.
This year is about building towards the future. So far, that future is looking quite bright.

Reply #604116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kinda cute crusty had to post 4 times in a row to try and keep the thread alive lol

Reply #604119 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Sixers are exactly what I thought they would be - feisty, young, energetic and inconsistent.

There is still no telling where they will end up. But Sobey is likely to come in for additional attention for here on in, and more blowout losses are certainly on the cards.

It would still take some convincing me that they can snatch the final playoff berth, but I am confident they will win more than 10 games.

Reply #604123 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

"From thy own petard, thine is destined to be hoisted"

Reply #604126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prediction: Sobey will use his speed to counter the 'double team' if it comes or to put his defender in foul trouble. He will be fine with more attention as every team is so focused on Randle. All players have ups and downs, but he will be fine. This is his breakout year.

Reply #604127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a 36er fan and I don't think they are very good. Streaky but they have no chance of winning it. Middle of the pack at best, not worthy of a thread.

Reply #604133 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We're putting the ocker on Sobey

Reply #604134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY's assessment seems fair. I think the argument against them in a post-season is the lack of experience and for that reason I couldn't see them contending. But to take a couple of solid wins already is positive.

Reply #604324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah we are better than we thought lmao.. let 60pts in before HT right now... pathetic

Reply #604758 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol, crusty did enjoy the taste of his bath water.

Reply #604762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754