Isaac
Years ago

Update from Geelong

The word from Yogee is:

"Forestville 78 defeated Townsville 51. Mens: Woodville 51 Sandringham 86 in the third".

Nice work by the Eagles.

Topic #4020 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good form by Forestville. Is Randford playing?? If not, doesnt that leave them four players down? 3 of those 4 are starters?

Reply #46716 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

re: Woodville Vs Sandringham (#46628)
Take luck... sounds a little like knuckles mate, doesnt suit. Sandi by 35.... and thats with WV pegging back in the last quarter...

Anonymous, 18/08/05

OUCH!!

Reply #46719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

S'Ham 110 def W'Ville 78

Reply #46723 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah that really hurts......not. no expectations were on the boys. they got wat counted anyway.

Reply #46724 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Doesn't hurt as Woodville have had a great season regardless, but that was some pretty accurate predicting by the Victorian anon.

Reply #46725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

take luck - they also got what counted.

Still Central ABL champions.

Reply #46726 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sandringham got a pretty good side, and from what I heard won the Big V pretty easily in the end.

Marcus Timmons stepping up when needed - Any update on scorers from Geelong?

BTW Timmons currently training with the Tigers, in the Big V team heading up to compete at the Blitz.

Not sure where he is at in terms of getting naturlaised, but he would be a pretty handy addition if he does get naturalised!! For any team.

Reply #46727 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Interesting Info DJ, that Timmons is in the Big V Blitz side, seeing as it hasn't been announced yet.

Although like you I expect he's a certainty.

Reply #46728 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Someone posted something on this last week. I think it was a link to an article on the Blitz. It mentioned the Big V side and the fact that Timmons was in it.

May have been a Fox story. Anyone recall?

Reply #46737 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

North women were defeated tonight by the Ballarat Lady Miners. North were down by 10 at half time, and hit 15/18 shots in the third to take the lead, but just ran out of legs.

In the mens, Bobby Cunnigham pretty much single handedly took care of Woodville.

Also, Cairns went down to Bendigo in a nail biter, scores tied most the final quarter. Was almost an NBL game is disguise, with names like Redhage, Beherendorff, Oakley, Grabau to name a few playing in that game.

More tomorrow night.

Reply #46764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Brenton campbell starring with 23 points in 27 mins to lead his team.

Reply #46774 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Ah, I believe the Blitz side was named almost 2 weeks ago.

Reply #46790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville down by 10 mid way thru 3rd qtr to Cairns

Reply #46792 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Blitz squad revealed

This is the article regarding the 19 man training squad, which 10 players will be choosen from to make the trip to Cairns for the Blitz.

Reply #46793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns 121 def W'Ville 106.

Elder 27pts 12rebs. Pascoe 28pts (5/11 3pts).

Reply #46795 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

North Adelaide women were also defeated in their game, as were Forestville Eagles in their semi.

Reply #46817 | Report this post

i read an article in the paper today saying erin phillips wasnt allowed 2 play 4 north in there game yesterday because she was going off to NZ with the opals yet the forestville v knox game was brought forward so 2 knox players in the same situation as phillips could play!!!! does anyone no y????

Reply #46861 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Full Results of the ABA National Finals weekend at The Arena,Geelong.

Friday
WOMENS QUARTER FINALS
Forestville 78(Lindsay 20,Matthews 17) def Townsvile 51(Hill 12,Harris 10)
Eltham 92(Datson 21,Lang 15) def Southern Districts 72(Burrell 20,Dalgleish 17)
Knox 80(Grima 25,Hibbert 11) def Bankstown 56(B.Hennessy 17,Butt 14,J.Samuels 14)
Ballarat 81(Glaubitz 34,Sewell 17) def North Adelaide 76(Keane 32,Piwanski 14)
MENS QUARTER FINALS
Sandringham 110(White 23,Cunningham 20) def Woodville 76(Elder 20,Wilson 12)
Southern Districts 108(Thompson 29,Egan 22) def Dandenong 95(Strong 24,Clark 20)
Bendigo 114(Redhage 26,Croft 25) def Cairns 110(Campbell 23,Boodnikoff 21)
Sydney 119(Stauber 24,Barlow 25) def Geelong 115(Brown 37,Lynch 24)

Saturday
WOMENS CLASSIFICATION GAMES
Southern Districts 67(Burrell 14,Dalgleish 14) def North Adelaide 51(Keane 19,Ollino 9)
Bankstown 76(S.Hennessy 20,Bywater 17) def Townsville 73(Heilbronn 19,Harris 14)
MENS CLASSIFICATION GAMES
Cairns 121(Grabau 21,George 18) def Woodville 106(Pascoe 28,Elder 27)
Dandenong 126(Clark 36,Strong 27) def Geelong 99(Brown 29,Lynch 15)
WOMENS SEMI FINALS
Knox 86(Hibbert 27,Laing 16) def Forestville 74(Lindsay 27,Matthews 12,Newley 12)
Ballarat 83(Ashby 27,McMahon 14) def Eltham 79(Datson 22,Blaufuhs 16)
MENS SEMI FINALS
Sydney 101(Barlow 32,Dann 24) def Southern Districts 86(Anderson 20,Thompson 18)
Bendigo 104(Croft 30,Redhage 29) def Sandringham 103(Smith 29,Timmons 26)

Sunday
WOMENS GRAND FINAL
Ballarat 77(McMahon 26,Glaubitz 14) def Knox 53(Laing 18,Tan 13)
Grand Final MVP: Andrea McMahon(Ballarat)
MENS GRAND FINAL
Bendigo 102(Redhage 47,Cameron 19) def Sydney 98(Dann 26,Stauber 25)
Grand Final MVP: Jason Cameron(Bendigo)

Womens 3pts shootout winner: Jodie Datson(Eltham)
Mens Slam Dunk Winner: Lester Strong(Dandenong)

It was a great weekend at Geelong and finishing off with a fantastic Mens Grand final it was a privilege to be there.

My picks for games of the weekend(all men and in order): SF Bendigo vs Sandringham, QF Geelong vs Sydney and GF Bendigo vs Sydney.

2006 ABA National Finals will be in NSW next year likley in Newcastle.

Reply #46903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shawn Redhage doesn't get Grand Final MVP despite scoring 47 points (19/25 FG), 13 rebounds, 7 assists (8 turnovers)???

Reply #46908 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Not knowing the stats I thought Cameron was Bendigo's best player I also think the Redhage missed more than six shots he struggled early on.

Reply #46909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to our reps, who it appears did very well. North women only down 5 to the team that won it I heard (by 20+!!) and without Erin Phillips. Marc would not have been real happy with her not allowed to play I'd say.... Also well done to the Forestville women, who did very well considering they would have been minus normal starters (Ranford?, Smith, Screen). Goes to show that our women's conference (or at least the top batch) is around the mark with all the others in the ABA. Only disappointment is I assume we'll only have 1 rep next year as there wasn't a team in the gf.....
Also goes to show that our men's conference is a bit behind some of the others (Big V and SEABL def), maybe even Waratah and the Qld one. But Woodville would have (as always) played hard and given it everything. Well done Green Train!
And without any reps in the finals, I'm sure our SA teams made some All-Star like moves in Geelong on Saturday night!!

Reply #46948 | Report this post

geelong  
Years ago

woodville played hard but just didn't have the talent to compete with their opposition. Cairns were up 30 mid way through the third before turning to the bench for the last quarter and a half. Never gave up though and fought to the end

Reply #46964 | Report this post

big fella  
Years ago

Lil Keane and Narelle Lindsay both were selected on to the All star 5. Fantastic effort girls

Reply #47025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hard for our men to compete with the rest of the league we play with only one import, some teams play with none

other leagues allow up too two.

Reply #47057 | Report this post

The Neer  
Years ago

was at the weekend and caught the grand final. it was some of the best basketball ive seen for a long time. in the gf if u were watching u would not have realised redhage had 47! (23 in 1st half when they were down by 16). The Braves definitely won thanks to Jason Cameron. Knocked 4 huge 3s and completely shut down Graeme Dann who was on fire in the 1st half. Redhage had the quietest 47 ever on only 6 misses from the field.

Reply #47399 | Report this post

SIr Spark  
Years ago

Not meaning to sound like a wank, but what kinda dunks ended up winning the dunk comp? The NBL dunk comp was below par, how did this one fare?

Reply #47618 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754