Anonymous
Years ago

Wortho: 2016-17 season probably my last

Worthington suggested he may be in the final season of a stellar career. though he will make a final decision later in the campaign.

"I don't have a contract past this year and I have to really sit down and think about it," he said.

"(I'm) probably swaying on the side of this will probably be my last year but it's not concrete yet."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/11/04/11/09/wortho-rates-kings-roster-nbl-s-best-ever#qf2RymhwTMIie1TS.99

I actually think that this year he's playing better than he has in the past 3 seasons. Should he go on?

Topic #40228 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

He already said before the season that this season would be his last, I think he coached a women's team in the QBL this year.

Reply #606200 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Coached the Cairns Dolphins in QBL, if the 'pool' system had worked more in our favour he would have taken them o the finals.

Reply #606201 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

He was pretty fkn good for united in late 2014, when they were a top 3 team

Reply #606227 | Report this post

Manu Feildel  
Years ago

He's getting better and better the more games he plays with Cairns

Reply #606239 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Considering current form he should absolutely go on, especially considering the need for leadership on that squad going forward and the number of young Aussies that are there. You would have to think his playing longevity would be longer than Loughton, who's of comparable age.

Reply #606274 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Has had an impressive season to date. More impressive than bigger names (or players at an age where they should be peaking) like Andersen, DJ, Possibly even Bairstow. Hope he keeps it up, I'd love if a small town team gets into the 4 and it's obviously not going to be the Hawks

Would be a shame to see him go, if only because he's one of the true main stays of the NBL and he competes (and niggles) hard every night.

Reply #606309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can only hope so. Have enjoyed the love hate thing but I'm bored now it's time to go out seperate ways!

Reply #606324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should do a Cattalini and finish in perth and win a ring.

Reply #606397 | Report this post

The old dog got off the ground for a dunk the other night, I'm surprised he didn't turn around and walk straight out the door after that!

Reply #606512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754