Jumpshot
Years ago

Kings v United 12/11/2016

If United are still missing key guards, then Kings should get this one. Kings by 10.

Topic #40268 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Any news on Jacksons replacement ?

Reply #607390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings expecting Barlow to play. Goulding a possibilty.

Reply #607391 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Kings by a dozen.. no matter who plays or doesn't.

Reply #607394 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Well, if it goes according to what's o paper then Sydney by at least 10, and more if Goulding doesn't play.

If paper turns out to be merely something you wipe your butt with, then a galvanised, desperate Melbourne team can pull off a gutsy win.

Hopefully the latter.

Reply #607395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No players back - Let's hope they sack the coach after they lose tonight before the season is a write off!

Reply #607398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United have no exciting players

Reply #607446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam is as good at D as demopolous is at coaching

Reply #607447 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Garlepp started with two bonehead plays and Gaze subbed in Hill. About time ! Pity Hill isn't matching up well with Wesley, this is where Khazzouh would've been handy to have around to see if he could do better.

Reply #607448 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

You just need to let Wesley get his points and attack him on the other side.

Reply #607452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam defensive stopper

Reply #607453 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Adnam on Lisch is not going to end well...

Not a big fan of that camera angle they keep cutting to when the Kings have the ball on the closest sideline, too zoomed in.

Reply #607454 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Maric just getting better each game.

Reply #607457 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Ominous sign for United, Cadee found his touch again. Adnam managed to answer both times though.

Reply #607458 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Adnam doing well on offense, but much like Wesley (execpt even more so) you just gotta take those points back on the other end.

Reply #607459 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Entertaining first half.

Reply #607460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DD has no idea about coaching. Th3 starting 5 of the 2nd quarter was woeful. He wasted 2.5 mins with zero scored.

Reply #607461 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United is doing ok, but why did Majok sit for the entire second qtr while Sydney keep getting to the basket, scoring at will inside the key with little rim protection. Maric is proving tough to handle but Majok is our best option on him.

Reply #607464 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

What's Garlepp been having lately? Driving two hand slam vs. Bullets and a massive block on Wesley?

Reply #607465 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I think Majok's on foul trouble LV? Is he on 2 or 3 fouls?

Reply #607466 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Did anyone know Steve Blake played in the nba?

Reply #607467 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Majok 2 fouls. Had 2 baskets off cutting hard and finishing at the hoop, hopefully he comes back on asap

Reply #607469 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Duncan, never heard of him till they hyped his arrival :).

I had to find his Youtube highlights to find out who he is. Looked good in those clips but hell everyone looked good in their highlight clips even Kwame Brown heh.

Reply #607470 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

LOL Heal talking about Gaze and white line fever? Its Ray Gordon he should be talking about :)

Reply #607471 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Melbourne I think are the first team I haven't seen press Sydney all the way up the court... strange decision.

Reply #607472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey is the best special comments man in the game

Reply #607473 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

God, seeing Andersen catch the ball in the post with Garlepp on him is a nightmare.

Reply #607474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see why lv has been mentioning Barlow's absence so much.

Reply #607475 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

That must be so frustrating for United, 3 attempts couldn't score then turnover and Powell gets a dunk.

Reply #607476 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Garlepp except for that little stretch before 1st half played pretty crap the whole game. Why isn't Gaze subbing in Hill or Moller? From the little we saw of Craig Moller, he could develop into an NBL version of Rodman if he ever gets his bulk up and defense polished. That boy has an uncanny knack for getting offensive board.

Reply #607477 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

How did Newley not get continuation on that? Awful.

Reply #607478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BLAKE CAN'T PLAY

Reply #607479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BLAKE IS BAD

Reply #607481 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Did... did... Wesley just, pass the ball?

Reply #607482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kind of interesting stat... Garlepp has gone 0/3 from the field and 0/2 from the line but has a +/- of 16

Reply #607483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BLAKE STINKS

Reply #607484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BLAKE HAS A +/- of -34 BECAUSE HES CRAP

Reply #607485 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bold anon's insight stinks. Blake has played a shitload of NBA games, which probably means he's pretty good. He's out of shape, yes, but stinks? You're a moron.

Reply #607486 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Not only did he play in the nba, he played 923 games. If that's ever a trivia question it is now impossible for me to forget thanks to Dwayne Russell.

Reply #607487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EAT A DICK ANGUS

Reply #607488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United: 1 steal, 0 blocks, 14 turnovers
Kings: 6 steals, 5 blocks, 7 turnovers

Reply #607489 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Another classic call, well done.

Reply #607490 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Forget the 3 imports, I reckon the point differential rule is a killer for end of bench guys/dev players.

Reply #607491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else get the feeling anonymous doesn't like Blake?

Reply #607492 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Demopulous has to be on borrowed time doesn't he. I'm not a United fan but his demeanour and clear lack of buy in from his playing group is clear for all to see

Reply #607495 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Heh Moller subbed in and within 3 sec grabbed an offensive board.

Reply #607496 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Thanks to DD, he & MU keeping the Sixers off the bottom of the ladder :)

Reply #607497 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze still striking that balance between coaching and commentating... lol... Good to hear an unscripted, raw perspective though.

Reply #607499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a fair bit of money tied into various ladder bets on most teams. Best case for me is Adelaide finish last and Hawks miss the top 4 and I get a huge payout. If Melb finish last and Hawks make the playoffs I'm screwed lol.

Hopefully they fire DD and can get it together soon and actually win some games.

Reply #607500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mollers was training at United but ended up at the Kings, any one know why. Moller natural position is the 3 spot, stretch 4, two boards in 40 seconds, hard having Newley and Whittington in front you, wish he stayed at United.

Reply #607502 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Did I miss something tonight re: Majok playing so few minutes? Did he pick up an injury or something?

Reply #607503 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Does anyone else agree that Moore can't defend? Week after week, he gets beaten by a quick first step.

And Williams still looks lost out there. When I see him working faster at getting around the court, and providing some help defence, then I'll start to rate him. Sure, he didn't get many minutes in the beginning, but now he's getting the minutes and still not looking that good (or motivated).

Reply #607504 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Byebye DD

Reply #607506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While Utd is looking for a import to replacement Jackson I would suggest they contact to Goorjian replace DD. No more injury excuses to key players.

He either haven't told his current two imports to step up their game along with Tomlison and Anderson or the players have lost faith in his coaching.

There is NO excuse for them to be on bottom of the ladder.

Reply #607510 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Williams' problems are his lack of court awareness, limited basketball IQ and poor aggressiveness. Great bulk suitable for NBA albeit not much athleticism.

Not sure if his glasses are impacting his peripheral vision but his eyesight is not compatible with his 'head down' playstyle. He needs to crane his neck and look around more often. Sometimes he just put his head down and sprint downcourt instead of looking left, right and centre.

DD's coaching probably not helping as well, so when plays broke down, it really exposes his rookie mistakes of standing in the wrong spot or making wrong decision between going towards the basket or running back on defense.

Reply #607512 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Steve Blake averaging 4.8 points on 25% shooting in 21:53 this season. That's almost as bad as Scott Christopherson.

Reply #607513 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

A scrappy United win looked possible there, but Lisch's brilliant display killed the hopes. Cadee was hot early and Lisch was all class in the last, but overall Sydney isn't clicking at the moment. Probably the result that was expected in the end, but Sydney had to fight much harder than they should've. Give it 2 more games and if Blake keeps struggling, the attitude towards him might change from "give him time" to "pressures on".

Good to see Barlow out there too! So much for people saying he couldn't be counted as an injury.

On another note, if NBL is serious about stamping out flopping, they need some system of review after the fact. Garlepp should've got a tech, it was one of the most blatant flops I've ever seen, yet Adnam gets the unsportsmanlike and Garlepp gets rewarded with a trip to the line. I know people who don't usually attend and were part of the 9,000+ in attendance. Not a good look for the NBL, not when they play the replay 5 times.

Reply #607514 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

NBL should review flops as part of their usual reviews during the week, and hand out fines, warnings and eventually suspensions for multiple offenses.

Reply #607515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow proved the point. He was rubbish and is washed up at this point. So you shouldn't count him as being missing when trying to make an argument about discounting others performances against united when he didn't play

Reply #607526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The players think DD is an imbecile, and will not play for him. He has tried to shift the blame onto Cedric by sacking him. Pathetic.

Reply #607527 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Barlow will be hitting threes and playing solid D this season. I expect 12-15 minutes a game, 5-6 points, at least half to come from 3 where he'll shoot 38-40%. Tonight was a good starting point.

Reply #607528 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Yes DD is an imbecile but MU are/have been missing some good players. Its a fair excuse for being on the bottom of the ladder in a tight competitive league

Reply #607530 | Report this post

Keen observer  
Years ago

Scott Christopherson - there's a name! I did a quick google of him, he went to Switzerland after his disastrous NBL stint. Seems to have retired from bball now.

Reply #607535 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

The LISCH, LISCH, LISCH...... and LISCH show.
Nothing Melbourne could do about that.

Reply #607557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam can undoubtedly shoot, however he was defensively a liability on the floor and when Garlepp set a screen on him, he over reacted and tried to push/shove Garlepp out of the way. Unquestionably an USF and LV I was there. Didn't have time to catch up sorry.
He air balled a shot I recall and also passed the ball to that guy that wasn't there.
Tomlinson was having a great 1st quarter and assists were up and he was top scorer at one stage.
THen DD did he dumb arse subbing and the rest was history. Barlow was terrible.

Reply #607585 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Fire DD...hire Marty Clarke he couldn't do any worse

Reply #607587 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It wasn't a convincing win other than Cadee and Lisch lighting it up, but as Gazey said in the presser after the game, that first quarter especially shouldn't just be a case of the D being bad, but United were just scoring really well too...

A better contribution from most players in this game, Newls didn't have to take on so much himself, but boy I love seeing him get to the basket, and that zinger of a pass to Lisch through traffic... VERY nice...

LV, you saw the replay how many times of Adnam trying to tackle Garlepp and you're still saying it was a Garlepp flop? lol... Come on now... If the little fella can't take a solid screen and chucks a sook, he needs to go back to his U17 team...

Reply #607814 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754