Zodiac
Years ago

Gaze, Blake: Kevin Lisch NBA ready

With his potent shooting from the perimeter, Gaze says the veteran guard has all the attributes to thrive in America.

"I hope Kevin still aspires to do that (NBA), because he has the ability," Gaze told The Daily Telegraph.

“Sometimes you can say there are a few worse players running around in the NBA compared to player X in the NBL. In Kevin's case, there are many players that do not have the skills of Kevin Lisch running around in an NBA jersey make no mistake about that.

Talk to Blake, though, and the former Los Angeles Lakers playmaker insists Lisch could make it in the US.

“Kevin is a great talent,” Blake said.

“He has a great basketball mind and understands the game really well and I think he could pretty much translate his game anywhere.

“He has a great shot and that can probably be one of the biggest challenges for most guys going to the States.

“How you transition to the further three can be tough, but I think Kevin can do it. We’ve seen him take some NBA threes in games here.

“And as far as understanding the game, making reads and just being a competitor on both ends of the floor, Kevin is definitely a really good player.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-star-kevin-lisch-gets-nba-seal-of-approval-from-andrew-gaze-steve-blake/news-story/4ece0b798c01935172f584a876713fd5

Topic #40295 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gazey does love to add a bit of mayo.

Reply #608151 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I tell you what i'm sick of this funny business...

Did you see the bloke in the Olympics? I'm not knocking his skill, but come off it!

Reply #608156 | Report this post

FreeThrows  
Years ago

^ My thought, exactly.

Reply #608158 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

Blake didn't "insist" anything. Blake was asked if he thought Lisch could play in the NBA and he answered diplomatically.

Reply #608166 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Yeah he seemed to be out of his depth at the Olympics and lacked any confidence. At one point even damo was ahead of him in the rotation

Reply #608168 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Exactly.
Lisch, at his best, is one of the best the NBL has seen. But that guy in Rio was a long way short of the other guys who were actually playing in the NBA.

Reply #608172 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

I loves Kev but yeah, nah

Reply #608179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell I would have Lisch ahead of Damo anyday

Reply #608181 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

They should be asking Lisch , can Blake make it in the NBL

Reply #608189 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

LOL Old Mate. My sentiments exactly.

Reply #608196 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I think it's a bit unfair to judge Lisch's NBA upside on a few minutes in the Olympics where he was asked to basically play the smallest role possible. He looked pretty low on confidence, and undoubtedly the Lisch we're seeing this season is much more comfortable and confident than the one at the Olympics, and I don't think that is because of any drop of play standard. I think he has the tools for some sort of NBA role. I don't think the NBA is exactly so fantastic that he couldn't play there and do reasonably well. The only thing I see is that no one is going to take a punt on a 30 year old player who has much the same abilities as some kids coming through who are 8 years younger. He probably wont get his NBA shot but it's still worth trying.

Reply #608202 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

No. Just no.

Great NBL player, but his game does not translate to the next level at all. He's simply too small, and does not have the quickness to compensate.

Reply #608204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bv

Reply #608225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Milos Teodosic is the next mature age international that will play in the NBA and Lisch, although he is quality unfortunately isn't NBA quality

Reply #608228 | Report this post

Insider  
Years ago

Lisch or Delly

Reply #608235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754