Train
Years ago

Wildcats down another PG as Wroe ruled out

"The Perth Wildcats have suffered another injury blow in the lead up to tomorrow night's clash with Sydney at Perth Arena, with point-guard Corban Wroe ruled out because of concussion"

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/33232021/wildcats-depth-tested-as-another-point-guard-goes-down/#page1

Topic #40296 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Can't catch a break at the moment.

Reply #608221 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

Will still make the top 4!

Reply #608222 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At least they have Kenny back:

Kenny will return against Sydney but coach Trevor Gleeson said the team needed to dig deep.

Reply #608223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this rate by the end of the season we will be playing out 10th string DP at starting PG lol

Hopefully we see a bit more of this line up:

PG - Prather
SG - Johnson
SF - DKD

used it a little bit last game and was fun to watch

Reply #608226 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Now I don't have to cringe everytime he has the ball..

It just shifts to JJ though..

Reply #608227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CEDRIC JACKSON FFS!

Reply #608231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame to see Perth crumbling. A real shame.

Reply #608237 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

So the only way you can hope to beat us is through a growing injury list? Sad...

Reply #608238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My heart is really bleeding for all those humble wildcat fans

Reply #608239 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

I get why you are envious of the Cats.

Reply #608240 | Report this post

Just Very Old  
Years ago

These is no definition of "us" that includes fans in a private for-profit company, there is just the owners - and customers/fanboys/wannabes and never-weres who are conned into giving the owners money believing that that they are a "part of the ****** family" , so they can feel better about their own mediocre lives by living in a delusional reflection of others' successes.

xoxo - have a nice day ;)

Reply #608241 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

Whats the opposite of the basketball icon around here? Because that was truly stupid.

Reply #608243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I get why people are bothered by the luckiest fans also being the most arrogant and annoying ones, but I don't get your point that apparently no one should pay for the entertainment of their choice. Sport has brought fans together for thousands of years but I guess some people feel they are "above" it. Yet they post here on a sports chat board???? IDGI.

Reply #608244 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'I get why people are bothered by the luckiest fans also being the most arrogant and annoying ones'

Why are we so lucky?

Reply #608245 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What a bunch of fuckwit trolls.
So sad that your only joy in life is waiting for the Wildcats to fail.
Even sadder that you don't realise Wroe is not a huge loss, and he'll be back soon anyway.

Anyway, back on topic, we NEED a Damo replacement.
How much is Holt earning in Spain?

Reply #608247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe is not a huge loss. Fuckwit trolls is even worse.

Reply #608249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Holt want to come over here though to play for a team for a couple of months only to be cut when damo returns just before the finals?

Reply #608251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could release/deactivate Redhage and bring Holt in.

Reply #608252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bummer wroe is out. Because he hasn't looked completely overmatched and out of his depth playing 30 mins every night

Reply #608255 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Gleeson press conference about it:
https://audioboom.com/posts/5289389-trevor-gleeson-press-conference-16-november-2016

Reply #608256 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

EAD

Reply #608259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL look at all the Wildcats fans sulk. Oh you are down Martin....Where was the compassion for the Kings fans last season when we were down Kazzouh and arguably the best ever import in Childress?

Suck it up Wildcats fans.

Reply #608261 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The difference is that no one else was going "haha your players injured - sucked in Kings". Getting enjoyment from a players injury is pretty low class no matter which team it is or who the player is.

Reply #608270 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

And Kings fans are used to losing so it wasn't a big deal

Reply #608271 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Give Hugh Greenwood a call.

Reply #608310 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Well said Train

Reply #608322 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Lol even better Watto

Reply #608323 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

And who's sulking?

Being extremely interested in who we sign as Damo's replacement isn't sulking.
Neither is having a realistic view of our chances.

If getting tired of reading the crap from trolls, whose only interest in the game is hating on Perth, then sure, we've been sulking for years.

Reply #608324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Anon'281

When Childress went down in his first season whilst he was getting great stats, most people here were genuinely sorry for the Kings and for the league in losing such a great draw card. This includes Wildcats fans here.

When JK went down, the same, most wished him a speedy recovery. In fact, there were a few Kings fans that were getting annoyed at his softness in D and seemingly lack of interest if anything.

No true fan really rejoices at an opposition player go down, we've all had the sadness to see our own players hurt and its not something we wish upon other nor jump with joy when it happens.

Reply #608326 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Trust me, there is plenty of cathartic release in watching a seemingly impervious institution apparently come crumbling down in ashes (see US elections).

It is the Perth fans are the ones that are conflating that with wishing opposing players ill will.

Just be satisfied with the fact your venerable organisation will probably somehow pull something together and keep your 30 season streak alive. The Wildcats organisation is nothing if not resilient.

Reply #608333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the playoff streak is over. That roster has issues IMO even with a healthy Martin. Only 1 good import and not enough top level aussie talent to make up the shortfall.

Reply #608335 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

"It is the Perth fans are the ones that are conflating that with wishing opposing players ill will. "

I agree that the comments haven't really been people taking delight in seeing players injured but even still, saying "the mighty have fallen" when the team has injury concerns at the most important position on the team...well, its kinda like saying that you admit we can only be beaten when we're broken and you're happy about it. Don't teams want to beat the best, not hope the best can't actually compete?

"I think the playoff streak is over. That roster has issues IMO even with a healthy Martin. Only 1 good import and not enough top level aussie talent to make up the shortfall."

Still second on the ladder. What does that say about the other 6 teams?

Reply #608336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not denying that other teams have had issues as well ok I'm just predicting that by the time the season is done Perth will just miss the 4. I hope I am not being horribly offensive by making a simple prediction like that. They have a good record right now but I think some luck has been involved in that and also a very soft schedule.

Reply #608339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754