Anonymous
Years ago

Does Liz Cambage even basketball anymore?

WTF is the deal with Liz nowadays? Is she a basketballer or a DJ or a wannabe socialite or a diva without a cause ?

Topic #40303 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

She'll play basketball when she needs more money.

Reply #608512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an incredible waste of talent.. in the prime other sporting life and pissing it away at parties with all the b grade celebrities

Reply #608514 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I think she's still playing but only in China the last couple of years? There was an article on Herald Sun a couple of years ago that mentioned she got paid around $400k a season to play there.

Reply #608516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She's Seriously not that talented....she's just THAT dam tall, but the amount of work she's had put into her she should be a world beater
LJ was talented, Penny Taylor and Michelle Timms talented, Cambagge .....just big
Her ego is far bigger than her ability will ever be

Reply #608517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@stevek check out her twitter feed - she's doing everything BUT play basketball..

Reply #608518 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Let's not pretend she isn't a talented player though.

She earns enough in a Chinese season to go the "work-life balance" route, and if that's the way she wants to work it then good for her.
Yes it's a little frustrating as a fan knowing how good she could be in the elite comps like Euroleague or WNBA, but it's her life, not ours.

Reply #608519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ yeah fair enough I guess, Luuuc

Reply #608521 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Making 500K+ for 3/4 of months work a year and having fun the rest of the time during my 20s would be a decent option.

Reply #608553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but that demand and money will dry up quick smart if she continues to not play and party like its schoolies week for months on end..

Reply #608559 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And that impacts you how?

Fair to discuss potential, but seems a bit much to speak as you are about someone living their own life. If she's in a position to live life more than work it, so be it.

Reply #608564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't impact me in the slightest pal, but this is a F-O-R-U-M where people are free to enquire and speculate about stuff

Reply #608584 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If she wants to drop pingas and get off tap then that's fine. Less chance of her taking up a roster spot now for the opals. Win win situation

Reply #608587 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

She may enjoy her life and good on her but for a basketball fan it is a massive disappointment. She should be challenging herself against the best in the WNBA each year. I know I would definitely watch those games and follow her progress but I couldn't care less about the league in China.

It would be sad for her if she gets to her mid thirties and thinks back to the challenges and opportunities she has missed out on in the short time that she had to pursue them.

Reply #608590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

500k??

Try more like 1 million+

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/basketballer-liz-cambage-signs-record-sevenfigure-deal-with-shanghai-duha-in-womens-chinese-basketball-association-wcba/news-story/b05f4f2f5fe081d2ec7e3f3a0fe0fac2

Not bad for a 5 month season, good luck to her.

Could be one of the greatest if she had any sort of work ethic, seems like basketball is purely a money earner not a passion

Reply #608601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talented but lazy as F$ck unfortunately - always has been. And an extremely negative influence on any team.

Reply #608626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I know it's a forum. I built it. But there's some "what could have been" and then there's criticising someone for enjoying life in their prime.

What an incredible waste of talent.. in the prime other sporting life and pissing it away at parties with all the b grade celebrities

Reply #608646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ that's good to know for the next time I want to ask a pointless question like, why a professional basketballer is partying instead of playing basketball in this he prime of their athletic life?

I'll be sure to run it past you first

Reply #608661 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Isn't the answer self-evident that she doesn't want to?

Nobody is going to force her to play basketball in the WNBA or WNBL

Reply #608665 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

By the way, she's already said in the past basketball is a job and she doesn't enjoy it. So it's not a surprise really

Reply #608835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and she was posting online a photo of her with fellow superstar DJ Paris Hilton last night

Reply #608837 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"DJ Paris Hilton" lol

Reply #608840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think she's naturally talented, she's been gifted with extreme height and she's been given every single opportunity possible to make something of herself in the world of basketball, but if her hearts not in it, no amount of pushing will change it.
I just think all the attention she gets is unwarranted as far as it being for her "talent" as she gets it more for her extreme height and extreme ego.....neither of which are great role models... Let's face it anyone that big in women's basketball has no excuse for missing a basket it's literally at arms length lol.

Let the girl go enjoy her life and stop giving her attention that's neither deserved nor beneficial, all it does is feed her already over inflated ego.
Maybe if the attention is reduced and she's basically just swept under the mat she may just wake up and smell the roses and she what opportunities she's thrown away .....opportunities many many players can only dream about and chase by sheer hard work and determination.

Reply #608848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz had an hour long set last night opening for Steve Aoki at Brown Alley so ...... to answer the first question I guess DJ is the correct answer atm

Reply #609987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bahahaha

Reply #609988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was she sitting?

Reply #609990 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The New Great Wall of China.

Reply #610150 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I hope everyone in Sydney is dressed up and already on their way ...

http://www.metrotheatre.com.au/events/2017/01/09/desiigner

Reply #617396 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

My God! How did you manage to dig out stuff like this mate? And that's now how you spell designer! Shockingly illiterate.

Reply #617410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOgJ33WBSe1/?taken-by=ecambage&hl=en - slightly nsfw

Reply #617411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought her name on the poster was a joke at first... lol

Reply #617412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #626255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting overpaid in China has given her this freedom.

Reply #626264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754