Anonymous
Years ago

Matt Knight is the best two way big man in the nbl

He is the best two way big in the league. Hands down the best rebounding and defensive force in the league and one of the best offensive bigs if not the best.

Topic #40305 | Report this topic

cats 4 life  
Years ago

dazz, is that you?

Reply #608548 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nothing new there. He is and he has been the NBL's best big for years. If not for his injury problems he would have been a long-term quality international.

Reply #608549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool thanks for sharing. Cats fans need their own site at this point. They don't stop on here.

Reply #608554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ websites arent limited to geography so im pretty sure anyone can post anything from anywhere on a forum. Besides without Perth fans, this forum would be nearly as quiet as ozhoops.

Reply #608556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm no

Reply #608571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Dazz were batman, then this Anon is Bruce Wayne.

Reply #608579 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well, if Paul says it, that's good enough for me!

Reply #608580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he was great when he played in the NBA, lol.

Reply #608581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another pointless cats thread yippy! They have suffocated the hell out of this site. Was so much better when 36er fans were the majority crowd on here.

Reply #608593 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

sack marty clarke!!!

Reply #608595 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Wow. even ignoring that the thread was started by one of their own, this really brought the anonytrolls out in force.

Yes Knight is very good player, and what's more he's a fierce competitor with a big heart. Never gives up.
He's also very experienced and knows the league well, which keeps the foul count down.

I don't know about international potential, he's a bit slow in transition, and probably not big or athletic enough, but he's the perfect size for the role he plays in the NBL.

I think that when you review the season, there are "better" big men in the league, but what can be easily overlooked is the way Knight steps up when the pressure is on.

The other thing to remember with Knight is that (when injury free) he typically powers through the first half of the season, but tends to "tire" towards the end.

Reply #608620 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ask Mika Vukona how Matt Knight compares to international power forwards if you doubt he could have played internationally.

Reply #608622 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Knight has mastered the art of doing the little things well, and doing them consistently. That's a huge compliment, because it's something few players ever manage.

Reply #608625 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on, just does what his team needs. Always seems to be in the right position and makes good decisions, which is very valuable from a big man.

Reply #608628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Dazz keep posting when everyone hates him?

Reply #608630 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

He is a blue collar. Don't know how to say give up.

Reply #608657 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

"Why does Dazz keep posting when everyone hates him?"

While Dazz has some bizarre points of view, if you actually hate him and can't resist taking potshots at him, then that says more about you.

Reply #608660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is knight having a career year? His jumpshot appears back to the accuracy of his west Sydney days. Looks very confident shooting it this season

Reply #608670 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Ask Mika Vukona how Matt Knight compares to international power forwards if you doubt he could have played internationally.
Meh, depends what you mean by "international."
He spent a year or so in Hungary, so yeah had he been so inclined I imagine he could played a few more leagues in various euro comps.
TBH I was thinking more along the lines of the Boomers, but I take your point.

I'm just glad he's been playing for us. If you look at locals, over his time in the NBL, he is easily one of the best.

Reply #608671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah Dazz never posts anything good

Reply #608678 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Probably the most underrated player in the NBL over the past 5 years.

Kickert over Knight last year what a disaster

Reply #608684 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I'll be in Perth for a few weeks and will be going to watch the wildcats play.

Hoping to catch up with Dazz for a beer!

Knight is a flog.

Reply #608714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz is probably one of my favorite posters. I don't like everything he writes but he's definitely a net positive. Better than ROFL writing such and such is a flog

Reply #608759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROFLcopter will be struggling to find people to have a beer with. Mainly because he's a cockhead.

Reply #608786 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"TBH I was thinking more along the lines of the Boomers, but I take your point."

I was talking about the Boomers, that's why I mentioned Mika Vukona, who has mentioned more than once in interviews that Matt compares well with the various international power forwards he competes against each year.

It's a shame, because the Boomers were in crying out for a player like Knight when Matt Nielsen retired, but he just couldn't keep himself healthy.

Reply #608791 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Anon is a flog

Reply #608809 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with someone who calls a spade a spade, why should calling a flog a flog be any different. I'm in for a beer.

Reply #608820 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Sorry Paul, you've lost me
Are you talking about a decade ago, when the Kiwis actually played international ball?

When he's fit, I'd take Knight over any other big Aussie in the NBL. The league suits him, and vice versa. His ability to play the 4 or 5, even against some of the big guys now in the league, continues to be of great benefit for the Cats. McKay is obviously a different type of player, without Matty's presence we were getting monstered.

Reply #608827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754