Zodiac
Years ago

Hawks vs Breakers, Nov 20

Live on SBS

Topic #40315 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

The sniper has hit Harris again, every bloody game.

Reply #609156 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Its uncanny how times you see NBL players miss open layups.

Uncanny

Reply #609157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino and Rosen... thank god for the mute button

Reply #609158 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Does anyone know if David Stockton is related to John Stockton??? I haven't heard anything mentioned about this yet on the Fox broadcast and it's almost halftime.

Reply #609160 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

You mean THE John Stockton?

Reply #609161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was just thinking the exact same thing. Fuck me im sick of Cardfinos voice after all these years. Rosen is just horrible, ruining an otherwise good uptempo game.

Reply #609162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm liking Stockton so far, what are you guys thoughts on if he is an upgrade from Woodside or Cedric Jackson?

Reply #609163 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

What are Penney, Webster and Abercrombie doing? If we are relying on Mika to lead our scoring we are in serious sttuuck! Rotenei Martin always capable of going crazy, but surely we can score with them.
Got to stay in touch and hope things tighten up in Q4.

Reply #609165 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I'm at the game.
What's the injury report on Harris?
Clarke having a bit of a breakout game, maybe he should be benched more often? : )

I like the Hawkies with Norton & White on together - sets the tone on D.

Breakers just struggling to get the looks they want...

Reply #609166 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

David Stockton is SON OF JOHN.

Reply #609167 | Report this post

Afakasi247  
Years ago

Think Stockons still trying to adjust. Hawks are hounding him on the court press and double teams which is compromising his decision making. Plus he isn't getting the favourable calls imports are usually gifted.

Touted as a pass first PG he seems to be looking to score first, whereas Woodside almost overpasses at times. Ced was a good balance between the two but isn't as consistent offensively.

Give Stockton a few games before we can make a fair assessment I reckon.

Reply #609168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris out for rest game but they don't think it's to bad.

Reply #609169 | Report this post

Afakasi247  
Years ago

How good as Abercrombie been from behind the arc this season.

The 3 games Penney played against us last season he smoked us - can't see why he is passing up his shot tonight to repay the favour.

Reply #609170 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I love Kevvie White!

Reply #609171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to give it up to the Hawks. Taking Penny out of the game, doubling everytime. Same with Stockton. Defence really taking the Breakers out of their rhythm.

Reply #609172 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

The D has been the dif.
Good on Bevo for mixing it up.
How good have the Hawks looked with Norton & White getting plenty of time together?!

Reply #609173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty tough from here for the Breakers

Reply #609174 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

LOL @ Webster

No wonder you got laughed out of the NBA pre season.

Reply #609175 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

New Zealand pretenders eh

Reply #609177 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

So Webster tried out for the NBA eh?

LOL

Reply #609179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretenders? I'll raise you 4 championships in the past 6 years mate.

I'll humbly give credit to the Hawks tonight. Making their shots. Home cookin'. Suffocating defence taking out the Breakers shooters and closing shut their driving lanes.

Reply #609182 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Breakers wont make the GF this year.

Reply #609183 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

This is such a spanking!!!!!!!

Reply #609184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers looked disinterested today. Old and flat. Hawks ran at them and got the win.

Reply #609185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't care how good the Hawks look tonight, Id still back the Breakers to make the GF over them, and most other teams in the league.

Hawks won this game through defence - theyve pressed, hounded and doubled the ball handler all day without an answer from the Breakers.

Gonna be a rough film session.

Reply #609186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win Hawks.

Breakers had everything fall against them. Hope Paulie rips into them.

Reply #609187 | Report this post

voxshall  
Years ago

It is a super tight comp this year, but when it comes down to the business end of the season I think the Breakers will sneak in at 4th on the ladder.

Reply #609189 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kinda makes my previous comments look spot on that the Hawks have too many cooks in the kitchen and they would probably be better off getting rid of Harris.

The guy gets injured early (legitimately it would seem this time) which freed up Clarke to play like the Rotnei of old and the Hawks annihilate a NZ team that had been seriously rolling.

Addition by subtraction.

Reply #609194 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

It's just one game, fellas.

Just one game

Reply #609196 | Report this post

Capt. Obv.  
Years ago

Hawks are tough at home. If Harris injury is serious I think they'll bring someone else in to replace him while his unable to play

Reply #609197 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

BUT no one presses in the NBL and wins !!! Must have been the refs

Reply #609198 | Report this post

Capt. Obv.  
Years ago

Illawarra would never win an NBA championship

Reply #609200 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think if the Hawks had a '3 & D and board' type like Torrey Craig or Greg Whittington instead of Harris they would be better balanced. Someone who doesn't need a lot of the ball and is committed to the defensive end.

Reply #609206 | Report this post

johnson  
Years ago

good hawks win.much improved from rotnei clarke &aj.nick kay a beast of the bench.martin,ellis&coenraad had best game of season.such a tough league with only adelaide not capable of making playoffs.id say a 15-13 season mite not be enough to make playoffs or you will be relying on the split.saying that a team like melbourne cant afford to lose more than 6 or more games.interesting few weeks coming up

Reply #609210 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Good effort Hawks. They need to play like that more often though.

Reply #609212 | Report this post

johnson  
Years ago

i agree with you Capt Obv the HAWKS would never win a nba championship.so wont
the other 7 nbl teams.get it right.there is a diff between nba &nbl

Reply #609213 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Agree with what Paul said. A Craig, Whitt type would also help their rebounding which is still a huge weakness for them.

Reply #609215 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Harris is too good not to keep, but the Hawks could do with an athletic rebounder.

Would like to see Holyfield play more mins to see if he could be the rebound monster they need.

There ain't too many Torey Craig's out there unfortunately...

Reply #609223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holyfield can't keep out foul trouble..

Reply #609224 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Harris is good at the things he does well, mostly get to the hole, but I don't think he's a great fit for the team.

The two things they really need are defence and rebounding, and I'm not sure Marvelle's the man to deliver those things. I also think in this system and with the other options they have, a bloke who can spread the floor more would be beneficial.

He might prove me wrong though, he is still new to the pro caper so hopefully there is plenty of improvement in him.

Reply #609235 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I cant help but think that getting Ogilvy way more ball (and way more motivated) was somewhat of a catalyst for the W.

Reply #609237 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Interesting point re Harris. Talented player, but Bevo has always liked guys who can hit the 3, whereas Harris is reluctant to do so. It seems to interrupt the flow of their offense- which has typically been so fluid and smooth in the past- when he goes iso and the ball movement stops.

Reply #609258 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably helped that Ogilvy didn't have 7 turnovers. He didn't look himself over in NZ.

Reply #609262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754