Shutup!!
Years ago

Sixers preseason game

I am doing stats for sixers at the game.
Will send through quarter by quarter scores for those interested.

Topic #4034 | Report this topic

Shutup!!  
Years ago

Sixers lead 33/32 at qtr time.
Sixers 13/20 from the field

Reply #46863 | Report this post

Shutup!!  
Years ago

Sixers lead 60/57 at half time.

Brett 24 pts (8/15 fg's) & 5 assists
Willie 9 pts & 6 assists

Anstey 20 pts & 5 rebs
Tucker 9 pts.

Reply #46870 | Report this post

Shutup!!  
Years ago

Tigers lead 88/85 at 3 qtr time

Reply #46877 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great job - thanks for this, appreciate it. Thought maybe Bong & co would have used this game to test run the scoreboard they had going last season? would have been good. but hey this is great :-)

Brett 24 at the half, nice!

Reply #46878 | Report this post

Shutup!!  
Years ago

Tigers won 109/108.

Maher 33 pts (11/19 FG's), 2 rebs & 8 assists
Willie 15, 2 & 7
Dusty 18, 12 & 2
Cooper 15, 4 & 1
Oscar 12, 7 & 3
Nash 10, 7 & 6

Anstey 31, 8 & 1
Corletto 21, 0 & 2
Stiff 15, 10 & 2
McDonald 14, 2 & 7
Tucker 11,5 & 4

Sixers had a chance to win but Willie missed a 3 on the buzzer and Oscar got the rebound but through the pass away.

Reply #46881 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reasonable attendance for a pre-season game and fans got into it to support the team.

Sixers left Corletto open all game and he made them pay. Other than that, Anstey did most damage and Stiff and Mottram seemed to be effective on the boards.

D-Mac is still one of the fastest guys on the court at 41 or whatever he is these days.

Maher was awesome, especially in the first half and seemed to miss hardly any outside baskets at all. Only four shot attempts in the second half!?

Cooper hit some nice shots from the top of the key, just inside the three point line. Seemed tentative to take them, but made them anyway.

Hill was there in street clothes and Hambour was in uniform but didn't play. Sixers started Cooper, Rychart, Nash, Farley and Maher. Minutes off the bench went to Forman, Gerlach and Gower. Everyone seemed to do pretty well (Gerlach had 5 points, I think).

Reply #46892 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah was a good game. I think maher hurt his groin though right near the end before the last timeout. He was streching it out and seemed to be limping a bit before the last play started. Though it was a good game, would have liked some of the younger guys to get a bit more of a run but i guess they want the core the gell more. They still look a little off for mine but with hill and holmes, and rees out they looked pretty good. As you said crowd was better then i though they would get especially with rain. Looking forward to the start of the regular season.

Reply #46905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gower?

i thought he didn't make the team?

Is he just playing to fill the current 'rees/holmes' gap?

Reply #46907 | Report this post

Uncle Jimmy  
Years ago

Another Year of Misery expected for the " Hicks" in Adelaide.

Reply #46912 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

c'mon buddy. that's hardly fair to the hicks.

There is no way david is going to receive a fair trial after being held in camp X-ray for so long without charges.

This is a basketball forum anyway buddy.

Reply #46915 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

hmm we loose by 1 pt with out 3 key players and allready doom and gloom

i reckon its a great effort seing they didnt have full squad and played a team that ppl believe could go all the way,

guess theres no pleasing everyone

Good Effort Sixers well done nash as well

Reply #46918 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Already think the sixers r going to struggle hey? I dont think so, we have a real good chance of winning the championship this year.

Nash is in great form, Hill coming off a good first season in which he only played like 9 games, Farley, Maher, Rychart there to give there share of points, and we got forman and holmes expecting a break out season.

To me its all for the future.

Reply #46919 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

That must be the first time that Anstey has got one over Reesy :-)

Reply #46920 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

Reesy was in Geelong

Reply #46921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thomo, "hmm we loose by 1 pt with out 3 key players and allready doom and gloom ", are you serious?

One person from Perth posted "Another Year of Misery expected for the 'Hicks' in Adelaide." and that was it. Everyone else has been positive. I think you're being a bit defensive!

Reply #46923 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

ok i think ppl got my post wrong, i was repsonding to another year of misery for adelaide,

i was trying to work out how a person would think it was all doom and gloom after a preseason loss by 1 pt to a quality team,

i think its a great start by the boys and by all accounts all pre formed well,

bit of mis understanding of what i wrote and prob poor wording on my behalf i should have referenced it to the "Another Year of Misery Post"

Reply #46924 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

All these comments really answer my previous post regarding the benefits of pre season games. Lets face it, there is mixed reaction regarding how the Sixers will go this season. This confusion has been brought about by pre season games so they aren't a real indication at all. I personally felt that they weren't taking the game seriously and would expect better things from them in the regular season (they did lose every game). I do agree that it helps the rookies get a taste for playing in the "big" league, but again does nothing else. The couple of minutes in a handful of pre season games won't go far for them in the grand scheme of things. Having said all that, I was particularly impressed with Mark Nash and if he can continue to stay fit and healthy throughout the season, he will go a long way towards the success of the team.

Reply #46935 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Cooper seems to have worked on his outside shot and it looked good in this game. If it wasn't just a one off, that is actually a very good sign for the Sixers.

Last year he was understandably ignored by defences outside of the key. In fact defenses almost used to dare him to take the outside shot. Cooper would stand with the ball, desperatly looking for someone to pass to. When no one was open, the offense sagged, the defense clogged the middle so there were no cutters and it often was a fair weakness in our attack.

If Cooper can actually make opponents pay for leaving him out there, the Sixers offense will look even better than it did last season.

Reply #46938 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

his last game the semi was awesome , definetly one of the recruits of the year last season

Reply #46945 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

Must have been strange watching the Tigers without the Gaze's and the shuffle offense.

Reply #46967 | Report this post

todd  
Years ago

the tigers were missing import dave thomas so the sixers were not the only team not at full strength

Reply #46987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers were missing Holmes, Rees and Hill. What's your point?

Reply #47001 | Report this post

Brick Tamlin  
Years ago

Sixers are also running a nice motion offence that requires massive amount of ball and player movement. Extremely good pick of offence for a team of quick around the court players against teams that are big and slow.

The ball movement on sunday was excellent and had a lot of tigers players out of position on defence

Reply #47004 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Good effort really. Dave Thomas vs rees, hill and holmes, thats a no contest. Sixers were down players and will succeed this season. Mark my words

Reply #47006 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Here is a write up if anyone is interested:

The Melbourne Tigers have continued their good form in the pre-season with a thrilling 109-108 win over the 36ers in Adelaide.

Chris Anstey led the way with a team-high 31 points, while guard Daryl Corletto added 21 and forward David Stiff had 15 points and 10 rebounds.

The victory was the second win the Tigers notched up against the 36ers over the weekend and improves their record to 4-0 in the pre-season.

The match was also Anstey's third 30-plus point performance in four outings for the Tigers, since returning to the club at the start of August.

Brett Maher top scored for the Sixers with a game-high 33 points and Dusty Rychart had 18.

The match was played with the intensity of a finals' game, with both sides struggling to find an advantage over the other.

Anstey proved to be the match winner, hitting a three-point to put the Tigers up by one with 17 seconds remaining. The Sixers had one more chance at the basket, but couldn't convert.

Tigers coach Alan Westover was pleased with the win.

"It was a tough win, something we needed at this time of year. It is always hard to win over in Adelaide. I think the guys played with a lot of poise and made good decisions throughout the game."

The Tigers next game will be against touring US college outfit St Mary's later in the week before they head off to the NBL's pre-season tournament in Cairns.

Melbourne Tigers 109 (Anstey 31, Corletto 21, Stiff 15)
Adelaide 36ers 108 (Maher 33, Rychart 18, Cooper 15)
@ Adelaide 21/08/05

Reply #47049 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Cooper played well,he sent Anstey on his backside with a huge block!

Noticed that adelaide were playing in last seasons uniform.
With the singlet presentation coming up ,does anyone know if the uniforms will be changed this season?

Reply #47055 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

must be as they did not have willie's old top and oscar was wearing ng's.

Reply #47061 | Report this post

tigers  
Years ago

I'd take dave thomas over rees, holmes and hill any day

Reply #47067 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

You can find the new tops on sale in stores now (including the white tops) and shorts as well.

I bought a pair of shorts. Only difference being instead of the yellow border turning at a right angle it's now curved with the champion logo on the bottom. So basically an extremely slight change.

Reply #47103 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Ahh we'll be right with Rees than - can't think of to many games Anstey has played and his team beaten any Rees side :-)

Reply #47180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754