kodi
Years ago

NBL Caricatures

Hi guys my name is Kodi and im a Perth based caricature artist who would like to get your feedback on a series of caricature artwork im planning on creating.

I would like to draw 3 players from each team and add them to mockup trading cards, like the old NBA Hoops cards we used to collect back in the day.

I started the Caricature series with Greg Hire from the Perth Wildcats, which you can see here --> http://caricaturesfromphotos.com.au/perth-wildcats-caricatures-greg-hire#sthash.BZ1ypfBe.dpbs

If it's something you think you would like to see more of, let me know who you would like to see so I can add them to the list.

I am just going to keep it at 3 per team at the moment but if theres enough interest who knows.

Anyways thanks for your time and any feedback you can give.

Topic #40414 | Report this topic

SteveK2  
Years ago

Nice work Kodi! Just out of curiosity, why Greg Hire first instead of Damo? Although there were times when I thought both of them had similar looks they could be brothers.

Reply #611722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Request Perth:
Casey Prather, Jaron Johnson, (won't add a third since you already have done Hire).

Illawarra:

Rotnei Clarke, Rob Beveridge

Reply #611733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide has to be Randle Daniel Johnson tugging shorts and Mitch creek.

Reply #611738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice work - I suggest emailing your work to [email protected] and finding out if they might be interested in your services.

Or maybe go directly to the NBL with your work.

The most iconic bball caricatures are the 90's championship tees.

Anything in that vain will be a hit amongst fans.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/96/bf/3e/96bf3e1066ed55df9ee8afec6370cfd6.jpg

Reply #611779 | Report this post

kodi  
Years ago

STEVEK2...
Hey Steve I chose Greg because it was hard to pick anyone, especially when I wanted to draw so many. But it came down to him for sentimental reasons.

Although he's 7 years younger we both went to Woodvale High School for the basketball program and we both played for Wanneroo Wolves in the SBL.

But the obvious difference is that he was way more committed to making it which is why hes playing for the Wildcats, and i'm just drawing pictures of him as a Wildcat lol

Anyways Steve thanks for the question, and i'll Damo to the list, In fact i'll draw him next - so keep an eye out for that (hopefully next week it will be done).

Added to the list:
Perth Wildcats
- Damian Martin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANONYMOUS

Thank you I'll add them all to the list! Make sure to follow my Facebook Page fb.com/caricaturesfromphotos as I will be posting them there as I finish them

Added to the list:
Perth Wildcats
- Casey Prather
- Jaron Johnson

Illawara Hawks
- Rotnei Clarke
- Rob Beveridge

ANONYMOUS

Thanks man i'll add the 36ers to the list - and please keep an eye out for them on my Facebook Page fb.com/caricaturesfromphotos

Added to the list:
- Randle Daniel Johnson
- Mitch Creek

ANONYMOUS

I dont know why but I didn't even think about the 90's and that was my era. I will have to do that as a 2nd series if this first one gains enough interest. And thanks for the other tips as well - I will have to contact the Wildcats once I get the first batch done.

Reply #611784 | Report this post

Great work, as an Adelaide fan i concur with the above that Jerome Randle, Daniel Johnson and Mitch Creek are probably the best candidates from our team.

Reply #611788 | Report this post

shano76  
Years ago

Nice work. Would make a sweet t shirt design.

Reply #611907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754