Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane vs Illawarra, Dec 10

Rotnei putting on a show. I wonder what koberulz has to say about this

Topic #40451 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

How do you expose BNE defensively?

Put whoever Jervis is guarding on the perimeter and make him defend on the perimeter.

He is getting absolutely burnt; not quick enough/mobile enough. AJ has got him a few times too.

Reply #612378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Brisbane loss, The NBL owns this team because they want QLD viewers, So how is that going if you have a stacked side that is shit?

Reply #612380 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Great win from the Hawks.Away wins are like gold and if they can jag another two more away games wins out of there next three straight away games they will then have seven out of ten at home.

Reply #612386 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's up with Bairstow? I imagine many of us expected him to be very solid at worst, but he seems a bit below that.

Loved Mitch Norton's game. Rotnei great again. Hawks seemed to run some questionable lineups at times but still got it done.

Reply #612388 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Poor defensive effort from the Bullets cost them a look at a W.

Few players (if any) on the same page defensively. Overall lack of hustle. If one player gets burnt defensively there is no help. Players and coach putting more effort in to arguing with referees.

Bullets starting to struggle going only 7 deep with any sort of meaningful production from Young, Bruce and Te Rangi drying up.

Liked what I saw from the Hawks. Good motion on offence with smart passing finding the right shots. Most playing their roles perfectly. Everyone kept their head up and never lost their nerve when the game was close. Looking at stoppages et al it is apparent they get along well as a team.

Reply #612391 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Personally; i think the unbalance and mismatch in the Brisbane team is starting to show

Reply #612393 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Rotnei putting on a show. I wonder what koberulz has to say about this
What'd I do this time?

Reply #612395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The anon that mentioned brisbane being owned by the league etc...

So are you saying that its Brisbanes right to win all their home games just to please QLD viewers, so hopefully they get bought?

I dont like Illawarra much, but i dont see why they are no less important to the leagues success. I think every team needs to have a run of success for the future good of the league. Even the small market teams.

Reply #612407 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Brisbane now 2-6 against the four teams that play at the fastest pace and 5-2 against the bottom half for pace.

Reply #612411 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So how is that going if you have a stacked side that is shit?
I don't get this attitude. It's the club's first season back in the league. Their starters are new to each other and they're a game off the top four. I think Boti tipped them to finish in the bottom two? Or am I thinking of someone else.

I think their first season goal would've been to be in contention, and I'd say they are, obviously along with almost every other team right now.

Reply #612429 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Hawks started season 2-5 and from that point have gone 6-2.It's fair to say there the form team at the moment.I also think Rotnei Clarke plays better at the moment when Marvelle Harris isn't on the floor.Harris was scoring points early in the season cause he was taken it to the basket and either finishing or getting fouled and Rotnei was struggling early cause the ball wasn't getting dished out.In the game v Bullets Harris started then Rotnie subbed in for Harris halfway through the 1st qrt and had eleven 1st qrt points.When Harris finds his scoring touch again along with Aj there going to be hard to beat even more so than now.There is still so much they can improve on which is scary for other teams.

Reply #612451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754