Anonymous
Years ago

David Andersen out 6 weeks with strain

After scans conducted today, melbourne forward David Andersen has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus which will require surgery.

Topic #40452 | Report this topic

Splinky  
Years ago

The only guy happy to hear this would be Devin Williams. Leaves a massive hole in the Melbourne front line. Makes it a clear point of attack for opposition teams now.

Reply #612402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad news for the veteran and for the league. Just when United was picking up momentum too. Guess it will be even more of the Ware-Goulding show.

Funny how first Martin and now Andersen have had their knees injured by the resident "tough, low-skill" role player from Adelaide (Teys) and Perth (Hire). Not saying anything is intentional or untoward, but it's just funny how that it seems to work out like that.

Even when Russell Westbrook tore his meniscus it was Patrick Beverly that caused it.

Reply #612403 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Per Andersen's recent tweet, he has scans tomorrow https://twitter.com/daveandersen13/status/807518643076493312

Where are you getting "out for season"?

Reply #612405 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think Devin Williams would be happy to see Andersen out for the season, as there's a fair chance Melbourne would go after a better import to fill that hole.

Reply #612410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sucks

Reply #612415 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

How can you say he is out for the season when he has scans today?

Reply #612421 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

My thoughts too, paul.
Andersen went down in the very early minutes in Perth, yet Devin still only played 7:50

Reply #612430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't disagree more splinky, the only chance of Melbourne finding a dominant big would be to release Williams and bring in an import as there aren't any quality Australian big men available..

Reply #612436 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah if Andersen is out for the season then you would think Devin Williams will go.

Sucks that there have been so many injuries this season to all teams but especially so many big name Aussies.

Reply #612444 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more if DA is done for the year Williams is on the next flight we need a 7footer

Reply #612449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so for all those doubters i hope you listed to the broadcast today..

Reply #612530 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Bring back Seth Scott

Reply #612565 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anon, I didn't have sound on the whole time, what did they say re DA

Reply #612567 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Dave Andersen injury update

"Melbourne United forward David Andersen has undergone scans on the knee he injured as a result of a collision with a Perth Wildcats player on Friday night.

The scans cleared him of any major structural damage, and confirmed a grade 2-3 medial ligament strain. He does not require surgery.

Andersen has started rehab, and is expected to be out for six weeks.

---

http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/featured-news/dave-andersen-injury-update/

Reply #612633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Funny how first Martin and now Andersen have had their knees injured by the resident "tough, low-skill" role player from Adelaide (Teys) and Perth (Hire). Not saying anything is intentional or untoward, but it's just funny how that it seems to work out like that."

Wasn't Teys knocked back by a Wildcats player on the rebound, and fell on Martin's leg? I can't remember clearly now.

Reply #612634 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That's good news, hopefully there's no more injuries for a while.

Reply #612635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Topic title updated.

Funny how first Martin and now Andersen have had their knees injured by the resident "tough, low-skill" role player from Adelaide (Teys) and Perth (Hire). Not saying anything is intentional or untoward, but it's just funny how that it seems to work out like that.
Firstly, I'd contest their being low skill. They're role players. And I'd secondly say that the reason it "seems to work out like that" is because there are more role players than players suffering multi-week injuries.

Reply #612642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd happily classify hire as low skill.

He doesn't shoot, pass or dribble well. But he does rebound well and sticks to his task on defence.

Reply #613030 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hasn't Andersen been pretty trash this season?

I can't remember one especially impressive performance so far

Reply #613082 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754