FRI:
Adelaide Lightning v Townsville Fire 16:30
Bendigo Spirit v UC Capitals 19:30

SAT:
Sydney Uni Flames v Dandenong Rangers 19:00
Melbourne Boomers v UC Capitals 19:30

SUN:
Perth Lynx v Adelaide Lightning 13:00

A couple of potentially good games this round, but Adelaide are in for a world of pain again.
Hopefully Melbourne can pull together and give Canberra a contest tomorrow, given that a tough game tonight could wear them down a bit.

Topic #40487 | Report this topic

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Adelaide looked promising to only go down by 6 against Townsville, i'm actually almost surprised at that margin in all honesty as I was expecting it to go down similarly to the Fire/Boomers game last weekend.. It was also great to see Planeta and Logic stand up in the absence of Hodges.

Reply #613334 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah that's a good effort to go that close without Hodges.

Reply #613336 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

How about dem Flames.
Just held Dandenong to 22 points in the 2nd half to take a very nice win over the ladder leaders.
Good spread of scorers, with 5 players hitting double digits, and smashed them by 19 on the boards, which is also how many O-boards Sydney amassed.

Reply #613518 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... and the Boomers get their Christmas wish early and finally break the drought :O
I mentioned Sydney's scoring spread above, well Melbourne had 9 players scoring in the 6-11 points range.

Canberra shooting a Wildcats-like 30% from the field, with Mansfield & Gwathmey playing the Kenny & Wagstaff roles. Just 16 combined points from players not named Tolo or Ruef, with the bulk of them coming in garbage time. Ouch.

Reply #613524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers ran out of legs in the second half

Reply #613536 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Just a FYI if you aren't in WA and want to watch the Lynx/Lightning game live, go on the plus7 website - https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/live/ and then type a WA postcode in (e.g. 6160) when it asks for the postcode and you'll be able to watch live. Also works on the plus 7 app if you go into the settings in the app.

Reply #613603 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

So stoked to see the Boomers get the win last night, their defence was absolutely superb all night. I definitely did not expect a win at all, let alone a 20 point win over the Caps. Also hope Tegan Cunningham is okay, looked to injure her knee but stayed on for about a minute then came off and didn't return. She's been playing great in recent weeks.

Reply #613606 | Report this post

bowden stadium  
Years ago

cool working for me right now ! - thank you comrade

Reply #613607 | Report this post

bowden stadium  
Years ago

adelaide trying to shoot over hamblin inexperience showing there

Reply #613610 | Report this post

bowden stadium  
Years ago

whitcomb show - looking like a 35 point game coming from her today

Reply #613611 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Really like the look of Maley, she's definitely holding her own against the bigger bodies out there. It's almost as if the Lynx are toying with the Lightning at times, they're just a clear class above.

Reply #613643 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I liked Maley's energy. Got a number of boards on pure hustle. But that's a fairly ugly release she's got on that jump shot :/

Reply #613759 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Yeah agree on her jump shot, hopefully it's just a nerves / adjusting to the WNBL intensity thing.

Reply #613821 | Report this post

bowden stadium  
Years ago

that was good on line coverage of the lynx v lightning game

Reply #613839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754