Zodiac
Years ago

Bullets vs United Dec 17

Melbourne then daylight?

Topic #40490 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

hahaha remember it was United and Kings that were the teams to beat ;) Both have been defeated this round. In fact United are back at the bottom of the table even with Goulding and Ware hehe

Reply #613529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great interest from all of the fans too.

Reply #613530 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Any word on whether Peach got lucky?

Reply #613531 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

This truly is the anyone can beat anyone season (except Perth lelz)

What a time to be alive

Reply #613532 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

An expected result tonight. The Desperation Theory prevailed again.

United will turn the tables on the Bullets in 9 days time.

The two teams to beat have indeed been beaten, as has Illawarra who were in form, and Adelaide has a chance to jump that trio and become undisputed team to beat for this week if they get Sydney tomorrow.

Reply #613533 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United got outrebounded 40 to 22.

And they played 15 minutes without Majok or Williams on court. And this is with Andersen injured, so all other times you have Tai Wesley at 5 and Barlow or Blanchfield at 4. Against Brisbane and their huge front line. So you get out rebounded on a 2 to 1 ratio and have 52 points scored against you in the paint.... But you still decide not to play our two biggest, most physical players and best rebounders.

SMH.

Will be interested to see if this changes on the return matchup.

Of course if you shoot the lights out it doesnt matter... But that won't happen every night. Majok or Williams should at least be on 85% of the time.

Reply #613535 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Having only 13 defensive rebounds would have to be close to a record, surely?

Reply #613538 | Report this post

140kg of jam  
Years ago

"An expected result tonight. The Desperation Theory prevailed again. "

Lv does it again

Reply #613539 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@LV, Williams hs a knee injury. Majok doesn't shoot the three, so he has no place in DD's "system".

Ok, that's a bit lame, but it's the only reason I can see he doesn't get more minutes.

Reply #613540 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

How does Williams still have a gig?
He's scored more than one field goal only once since round 5. Played single figure minutes in 4 of the last 5 games and only half of the games this season. Has only had a positive +/- 5 times this season.
He must be on an extremely low salary for them to persist with him, given he has no obvious positives to his game and given they've already proven that they're prepared to replace an import if they aren't performing.

Reply #613542 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

140kg I tipped the Bullets.

I take cash or credit if you want to know my tips in advance.

Did Williams hurt his knee? Did it look bad? Really can't afford another injury with Andersen already down.

Hendo not sure about "no obvious positives", he's getting more rebounds per minute than even Majok this season. With so many high volume offensive guys, he's actually a good fit. He hasn't set the house on fire but has been improving in the past month with some solid performances.

Reply #613544 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Williams is sh*t.

Reply #613548 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #613555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, I thought United were the team to beat?

Reply #613556 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Teams to beat get beaten all the time

Adelaide are team to beat right now but they'll probably get beaten again today

Just read scores in more detail. So, Majok was in foul trouble? And apparently Williams hurt his knee?

Outlook obviously no longer great for United if Williams has any injury that will keep him out for an extended period.

Reply #613557 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would say the outlook is excellent for United if Williams is injured.

Reply #613558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure anymore where to find all time stats Paul. No media guide anymore is a tragedy.

Reply #613559 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

LV - I hope you don't bet a lot of money on your predictions ;)

Reply #613560 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Paul, do you mean if Williams is injured they'll find someone else?

If so, then yes.

Train- I have the occasional bet. I'm ahead so far this season and on track to be even further ahead by season's end.

Reply #613563 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon, you can find lots of season and individual stats etc at the link below. Unfortunately the NBL stopped updating it last season for some unknown reason, which is also a travesty.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-189-0-0-0

Reply #613564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Paul. Once NBLstats disappeared there isn't a true website for all stats. Like low dr in a game or low score etc in a game anymore.

Reply #613566 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, it's not great is it. Info's out there, should be available.

Reply #613568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754