Isaac
Years ago

Kings vs 36ers rematch, Dec 18

Tip-off is 3pm Eastern. Live on SBS, plus the other usual options.

A perfectly timed rematch after the thrilling game earlier this round. Kings will have the benefit of the home crowd this time around - might be enough to turn things around?

Your prediction?

I hope not, but I think the Kings might blow them out.

Topic #40492 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac, a blow out seems due

Reply #613569 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Playing for TTB (Team to Beat) power rankings number one spot.

Reply #613570 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'm going with the Kings this game. The way this league is going at the moment I'm kinda expecting 36ers to lose their next 3 and Cairns to be on top of the ladder in 2 weeks hehe

Reply #613571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers, by 8
Randle and Sobey will show why they are the most dangerous backcourt in the league.

Reply #613572 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Under the bounceback theory this NBL season seems to be governed by the Kings are due for a win and the 36ers a loss. If Adelaide can win this one against a desperate team they are the real deal.

The thing is, the way they rebound and run and rotate guys through they can really test Sydney's lack of depth. Kings in a close one for mine, but a hot Randle afternoon can make that prediction look silly in a hurry.

Reply #613573 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

A Sydney blowout would surely be the end of the season for 36ers, and to Wright's tenure as coach.

;P

DJ didn't have it going on Friday the way he has in the previous few weeks. Mitch Creek still has to settle back in. Sobey and Randle were dynamic and will be hard to hold again. One thing that came out of Friday's game is the Kings need bolstering in the backcourt. Cadee isn't up to that sort of defensive assignment.

If Sydney's team defence is not as good as it was in the third quarter on Friday, they could be in big trouble. They are leading the league in points allowed, and if they make some outside shots, that will slow Adelaide's offence.

I think the Crumbles will win this, by 12.

Reply #613574 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I think Cadee is overrated. I don't rate his D and he is too flakey a scorer. Agreed the kings need to sort their backcourt....

That being said, I think the kings will win this one.

Reply #613575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings $1.42 favs.

Reply #613576 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Creek isn't up to it.

Reply #613577 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Who was talking about home cooking calls now.

Reply #613578 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sobey already on 2 fouls and a couple cheap turnovers. Shaky start.

Reply #613579 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Creek's a flog isn't he? Both Lisch and Cadee are dropping off because too much is being asked of them. They need a decent guard off the bench, particularly one who can defend quality PGs.

Reply #613580 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Get Creek off. Just throwing the ball away every time.

Reply #613581 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ok, keep him on.

Reply #613582 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I swear the umps are told to heavily favour the home team in the NBL. Happens every single game.

Reply #613583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rofl, Paul and Hendo, please pause before you talk you're crap! Creek is a baller and Sobey got unlucky! Just watch the game you flogs

Reply #613584 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Well. Creek has turned it around in the last few minutes.

NBL refs are rubbish

Reply #613585 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Thanks for that Moller. Dragged us back into it.

Reply #613586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey has zero turnovers Hendo

Reply #613587 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Moller with 2 pushing fouls in about a second of play. This isn't footy kid.

Reply #613588 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Get stuffed anon, creek isn't a baller.
He is average on his best day.

Reply #613590 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Err... Ok anon.
Creek literally threw the ball away on 3 straight possessions, that's usually grounds to be dragged.
And Sobey's fouls were there, but it still happened. Which is why it was a shaky start.
So, what did I say that was wrong?

Reply #613591 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sobey had the fouls. Other players had turnovers.
Reading comprehension my friend.

Reply #613593 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Creek just trying too hard and probably still on a high from last Friday.

He has made up for his loose early play.

Reply #613594 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Creek really wasn't playing that poorly. A couple of the turnovers were circumstantial (e.g. DJ fumbling an easy pass).

Moller single-handedly keeping Adelaide in the game to finish the 1st.

Reply #613595 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

DJ turning it on!

Reply #613596 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Cadee needs to shut up with the whinging to refs

Reply #613597 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Couple big offensive boards for Maric

Reply #613598 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Whittington splashing treys

Reply #613599 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Is Powell trying to win the award for most brain farts in a single round in NBL history?

Reply #613600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cut down the kings offensive rebounds which will reduce the scoring opportunities and the 36ers will be very well placed to win.

Sydney Adelaide

19/41 (46%) FG 17/28 (60%)
14/27 (51%) 2P 13/22 (59%)
5/14 (35%) 3P 4/6 (66%)
8/12 (66%) FT 11/17 (64%)
21 REB 15
10 0FF-REB 4
11 DEF-REB 11

Reply #613601 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Can't hear what Powell's yakking to the refs all the time, must be something they're not happy hearing since its quite clear they're not giving him any leeway defensively while on offense he's not getting a lot of foul calls on him. With him a marked man, I reckon the Kings can't afford not to suit up Khazzouh this season.

Reply #613602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROFL, "Creek isn't a baller" ....you've just lost all credibility. Got back to sleep

Reply #613605 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

4 offensive rebounds for Maric now.

Reply #613608 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

13 offensive rebounds for Sydney. 12 defensive to Adelaide. We're losing the rebound count on our own end.

Reply #613609 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Saw LK in the crowd there and is that Sandra Sully at the other end of his seating box?

Reply #613612 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Deng never gets a shot he doesn't like.

Reply #613613 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Jerome da ankle breaker

Reply #613614 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Get Sobey into the NBA now

Reply #613616 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Sobey is making some grown man moves. Beast mode activated!!

Reply #613617 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

That is a rubbish call on Garlepp

Reply #613618 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

These refs are a disgusting joke.

The league needs to fix this crap.

Wow. Just wow.

Reply #613619 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Err... Terrible call umps.
Jacobsen just tripped himself up, and somehow we end up with 3 shots.

Reply #613620 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Refs sending Gaze grey

Reply #613621 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hahah you don't wanna be calling dodgy fouls when the home team has the biggest screen in the comp and replaying it over and over ;p

Reply #613622 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Laughable.

Reply #613623 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Call gets worse every time you watch it

Reply #613624 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

They deserved a square up tbh.

Reply #613625 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

And there's the make-up. Oh dear, these refs are awful

Reply #613626 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

So bad.

Reply #613627 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Very subtle make up call there

Reply #613628 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Oh here comes the make-up call, please... the reffing is rubbish... my God.

Reply #613629 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

If this game was a teen slasher movie, Tommy Garlepp would be the pain in the arse jock who gets knocked off first.

Reply #613630 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

And there's the make up call.

Reply #613631 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As a coach, Andrew Gaze is the complete opposite to his dad on the sidelines. Lindsay was (mostly) calm, cool and collected while Andrew is more emotional and animated.....but no less effective so far.

Reply #613632 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

And now a make up call for a make up call.

It is Sixers v Kings v referees

Reply #613633 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Smells Like Terrible Reffing

Reply #613634 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

What is it with NBL refs these days? Seriously, both teams are getting some horrible calls.

I will say that refs have it a bit harder these days, if only because with just about every venue having large video replay screens the fans see every mistake they make.

Reply #613635 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Aside from some of the worst Reffing we have seen so far this season in that 3rd quarter, this has been a cracking game!

Reply #613636 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

From what I can see so far, Vaughan Mayberry is doing a good job reffing but the two balding turds with him need to be fired. Absolute rubbish, a total disgrace to the competition. How can the sport increase its fan base if the punters are presented with amateur crap like this?

Reply #613637 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Jeesus Sobey

Reply #613638 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Not sure if Sobey or Kobe :P

Reply #613639 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

This is officially farcical

Reply #613640 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Adelaide got this

Sydney just chasing

Reply #613641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosen you idiot, Sobey had no turnovers!!!! It was a quick rest.

Reply #613642 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Rosen called Garlepp Greer before

Reply #613644 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yep the kings are forcing their shots now. Adelaide just need to be smart and patient in their offense and they should close it out

Reply #613645 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

4 fouls for Lisch. Another foul for him would be handy.

Reply #613646 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Wait, were they seriously saying Sobey to Phoenix just then?

Reply #613647 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Game is almost unwatchable now. The refs knew they've stuffed up big time, they're so intimidated by the crowd now they swallowed their whistle vs. the Kings until they catch up to Sixers.

Reply #613648 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Tech him!

Reply #613649 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Sydney were so intent on keeping Adelaide out near halfway that they forgot about Mitch Creek there.

10th assist from Randle. Equal NBL career high for him.

Reply #613650 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

2 massive shots from Cadee there

Reply #613651 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Quality basketball from both sides.

Reply #613652 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Sobey gonna Kobe

Reply #613653 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Game stop for Lisch, why didn't he go off?

Reply #613654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TOP OF THE LEAGUE
TOP OF THE LEAGUE
TOP OF THE LEAGUE

CATCH US IF YOU CAN

Reply #613655 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

7 in a row!!!

Reply #613656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember the fella who started the Joey has to go thread?

Reply #613657 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Wow Sixers, have the advantage on the Kings now so maybe they might make the finals.

Too soon to call I know but now Sixers fans can start to believe.

Reply #613658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 from 3 against the kings

Reply #613659 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

How much is Sydney going to spend on their next player?

Reply #613660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

21/31 from the FT line and shit reffing is an embarrassment. Kings winning the last 2 of 7 is equally an embarrassment.
The ref who made the Garlepp call should be immediately dropped.

Reply #613661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 of the Kings starters played over 33 minutes compared to 1 from Adelaide.
39 to 14 points in favour of Adelaide from bench players.

Sydney need a more even spread.

Reply #613663 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Well done to Adelaide. They're playing well and a good style to watch
Speaking as not just a butthurt losing fan but as a fan of the sport we really need to be asking questions about the continual shit the imposters with whistles keep dishing up in every game. It's a blight on the league. We'd serioüsly have better games if it was "call your own

Reply #613664 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Sydney deserved to lose that. If they put as much effort into playing as they put into arguing every call then maybe it would be daylight second. Good game from Adelaide. I'm no 36ers fan but gee I love watching Sobey play.

Reply #613665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney looked tired. This season games are being too closely packed in. Will go against older teams like Sydney.

Reply #613666 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Sixers officially the team to beat now. If Sobey and DJ can keep their forms they definitely can go all the way. Impressive display to stay in composure even when the refs tried to make up for their stuff-up, that's championship mettle. Happy for them but I was absolutely disgusted by the refs.

Reply #613667 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

To win seven in a row in a season as close as this is a fairly remarkable achievement

Reply #613668 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Sydney had to play catch up after The "Garlepp Incident".

I enjoy Tommy turning the ball over but I felt sorry for him on that occassion.

Reply #613671 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Some of the worst umpiring I've seen in a professional game. Hats off to Adelaide, but that Fitzy lookalike ref should never referee another game in his life. We've had him two home games in a row, and I wouldn't let him referee a game of HORSE in my driveway let alone a game of basketball. If the NBL wants the product to match the talent, they need to look at those guys with the appropriate word "Dodo" on their backs.

Reply #613672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People who continue to complain about the umpiring maybe should umpire themselves instead of mouthing off about the umpiring.

FYI I did not watch the game.

Reply #613673 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

The sixers have a nice spread of scoring. Randle is bringing others into the game so well now and still getting his 20 odd. Sobey seems so confident in his game and the bench is contributing.

Adelaide then daylight???

Reply #613674 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Actually anon, if referees are going to make such a shocking bad call - and then immediately after make a shocking and obvious make-up call - they deserve to be called out. Simple as that.

Reply #613677 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Impressive resilient win from Sixers given the Kings would have been out for revenge on their home floor and having to overcome some favouritism from the refs.

Sobey unbelievably efficient from the field and some of his D on Lisch and rebounding was top class.

Not sure how you can't say the Sixers aren't deep as stated in earlier threads. 39 points off the bench. Admittedly 18 came from Creek who played an awesome game however everyone on the bench can come on and make great contributions. Dengi Fever with a timely contribution (how nice is his stroke)today and others off the bench have made serious contributions in previous games.

Cadee and Whittington can hold their heads up high for the Kings. Not sure why Gaze didn't play Maric much (at all?) in the 4th. He had 4 fouls but surely it was worth playing him for some minutes given how impressively he was rebounding earlier in the game.

Reply #613680 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

@673 great comment from the bathroom.

You are not at the game, didn't watch the game and therefore have no understanding on what everyone is talking about.

Initial call on Garlepp was not necessarily a foul however Deng does then knock into EJ, hence slowing him down. If Sydney ran a quick offence and the ball went to EJ's player open down the floor then Sixers would have been furious. So he made the call.

The Tech was unnessecary. He dropped the F bomb, big deal.. its a small crappy call in the biggest league in the country, accept an F Bomb in frustration that is on the floor. Not on the TV, not heard by the crows. Anyone who has spoken to Tom when he is on the floor knows he has no malleus even though is vocabulary can be colourful.

The mistake out of all of this. Tom never made contact with EJ, the contact was into Deng. Deng should have been the one on the foul line. We spent 70 seconds on Video tape to work out and then put the wrong player on the foul line.

The foul on a stationary screen set well and truly early was nothing more than a SHIT call. I don't even think it was a make up call. Wrong referee for a make up call, it was just a crap call by someone who probably shouldn't be out there.

Reply #613687 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Just another fantastic win, 7 in a row and well clear on top of the ladder now. Just a remarkable performance by this Sixers team.

The Sixers should be doing everything they can to lock Sobey into an extension asap before he hits the market at the end of the year. No way will he pick up his option now.

Reply #613696 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Firstly, people who don't watch the game and have a modicum of understanding of the rules of the game shouldn't be commenting on others who do.

Secondly, the NBL is a struggling code that is competing for fans in this country. It has lost a significant portion of the fan base it had during its heyday. The ones who stayed, undoubtedly love it despite the failings and genuinely wish that it can not only survive but thrive.

You may get annoyed by the complaints about the officiating but it's just reflecting the disappointment and concern that genuine fans have for the well-being of the game. What was on show today was embarrassing and needed to be called out.

There is almost no accountability for the poor performance of these pathetic officials that have as much impact to the quality of the overall NBL product as the players, clubs and media. The horrible, amateurish level of officiating was not a one-off event either, at least 4 times this season and a major one last season that led to some rule changes. FYI, I assure you I'm not Mal Cooper in RL. ;p

Reply #613700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The ref who made the Garlepp call should be immediately dropped.
I can see how it happened though. Garlepp made a shoving motion (towards Deng?) and then Jacobsen stumbled, possibly over Deng's leg. I imagine it looked like Garlepp shoved Jacobsen.

Reply #613701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So anonymous if you never watched the game STFU about the absolute worst call made this season.
"People who continue to complain about the umpiring maybe should umpire themselves instead of mouthing off about the umpiring. FYI I did not watch the game."
People who have reff'd agree that is was a stupid call. If you do ref and see the replay please come back here and apologise.

Reply #613702 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sydney looked tired.

Agree, Cadee was the only one that really had any potency.

The last two games might be the difference between Randle and Lisch being MVP. KL didn't quite have the impact he needed to, he also looked tired.

People who continue to complain about the umpiring maybe should umpire themselves instead of mouthing off about the umpiring.

As a general point and not in reference to today's game:

Nobody is demanding perfection, but people pay to watch this game, umpires are paid and players have their careers affected by calls.

The game shouldn't be about the umpires and interference to the point of swaying games. Their actions should draw critique just like players and coaches. Plus, it's only natural that particular decisions are discussed and the emotions of fans put a little polish on it.

---

Sydney looked tired, Adelaide played well.

Creek somehow ended with 18 points but early on made some stupid passes and defended at times like...an idiot. You're captain, don't give away cheap fouls.

Since the 36ers won, it's easier to let it go on the basis of him getting a feel for the game again.

Deng seems to like Sydney. Knocking down those threes and his freethrows in addition to a nice block. Good to see him having an effect.

Hodgson and Jacobsen are driving me up the wall with some stupid cheap fouls. Hodgson can be influential, particularly on offence so we need him to avoid foul trouble!

Speaking of which: Big guys - in this case Johnson - if you're right next to the basket, dunk. the. ball.

If you try to lay it up you might miss the 'gimme', as DJ managed this time around.

Sobey had a quiet first few quarters but that last quarter effort just adds to his legitimacy. A player who even in a quiet game can pop up when it counts, that's just gives the 36ers extra credibility in taking on close games.

Some of Randle's dimes were just awesome particularly that one to Creek. He seemed to be forcing it a bit and struggled a little against the zone, this is where we need Drmic and Ferguson to be our sharp shooters to space the floor.

Great stuff Adelaide, they're producing better than anyone at the moment.

Reply #613703 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If only that was his one bad call. How many referee huddles have their been after one of his bad calls the past 2 home games? He's out of his depth.

Reply #613706 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Ergh. Blockquote fail.

Also on that Garlepp thing, obviously he didn't push Jacobsen, but he did appear to grab the singlet of another 36er. When you grab an oppositions singlet isn't that a foul anyway?

Obviously, swearing at the ref is a no-no. Garlepp needs to check his temper.

Reply #613707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac. He saw the Jacobsen reaction and made an assumption as to what happened. Just wrong unfortunately

Reply #613708 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Please. Refs review a play, see its a bad call, can't change the call, but assign a tech foul when the player gets upset about it. Nice.

Reply #613709 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Isaac, I watched the replay again and yeah Garlepp made a shoving motion but Jacobsen was way outside the reach of Garlepp's hand. Unless that was some superpower telekinetic push that Tommy had, Jacobsen probably just slipped.

I think Matt Townsend called the pushing foul from the Kings baseline which means he must have X-ray vision. Chris Clark saw Townsend's arm raised for the foul and called it as well probably to back him up.

Reply #613711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the dud that said Drmic should start for Sobey?

Reply #613713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings coaches should look at how joey subs his players in out, the kings have hit the wall as they basically play 7 players, joey gets them in one at a time.
Randle is the mvp of the league by a country mile and joey has shut all the knockers up.
Kings could miss the semis now unless they make adjustments, Lisch and newly need rest and powel looks small against them Adelaide bigs, they need Kazzoo back fast.

Reply #613734 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I noticed Randle wasn't substituted at his normal time 2mins to go in 3Q until 7/8 mins to left in the 4Q

Reply #613744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its clear the Kings are a team that has gotten away before now strictly trying to outscore teams and it is no longer working because teams have figured out how to shut down lich who been the offensive leader most of the season.

What is more obvious.. the Kings coaching staff have defaulted back to their Tigers playing days of Run & Run!! But now with NO alley oops and NO DEFENSIVE strategy!

Reply #613749 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Please. Refs review a play, see its a bad call, can't change the call, but assign a tech foul when the player gets upset about it. Nice."

Actually no the bad call happened, Garlepp than swore at the ref so it was a correct tech foul. Sydney fans can't say "well it was a bad call so they shouldn't have called the tech foul" You swear at a ref in such a bad way you get a tech foul, simple. Newley should have got an unsportsmanlike foul with 3:33 left in the fourth when after fouling Sobey then sticks his knee out to trip him up which was right in front of the referee.

Other than that poor call on Garlepp the officiating wasn't that bad compared to other games this season. Yes, there was bad make up calls. Yes, there was soft calls however the officiating didn't affect the result. What affected the result was Sydney's inability to play consistent defense throughout the game with Adelaide shooting at 56% FG, 50% 3pt and 80% from the foul line! Even your coach isn't complaining about the refereeing.

Reply #613763 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Whittington played the entire game, Lish and Randle both played around 37-38 minutes. That's extraordinary. Clearly it was an important game for both sides - both might feel the repercussions against their next opponents?

Reply #613764 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't see the original and context, but there are a number of cases where the superior player comes off the bench. Ferguson starts ahead of Creek, White ahead of Clarke, Coenraad or someone else ahead of Harris, etc.

KET, value for Adelaide in keeping the streak alive, plus taking down a likely finals-bound opponent.

Reply #613765 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If I remember correctly, at one stage today Gaze ran with

Cadee(or possibly Lisch?)
Whittington
Moller
Garlepp
Maric (or was it Powell?)

With Blake gone, Sydney should really have signed another import guard.

Reply #613766 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'I can see how it happened though. Garlepp made a shoving motion (towards Deng?) and then Jacobsen stumbled, possibly over Deng's leg. I imagine it looked like Garlepp shoved Jacobsen.'

The ball was dead from a score, play wasn't really impacted

Reply #613768 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@LV

Go to 17:20, Gaze addresses the issue somewhat. Doesn't sound good for them.

Reply #613769 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I'm the dud. The suggestion was ages ago and was based on an idea to improve the balance of the team as opposed to a Sobey demotion. Do i still think the same after this unforeseeable run of form? No of course not. Am i happy to be proven wrong in regards to the lineup and improvements/adjustments from Joey? Yes. But stop misrepresenting what people have to say on this forum. Come up with something better than just dismissing people who have opposing views as duds. Surely you can do a bit better?

@Isaac, I'm not saying you were directly supporting what i said about Sobey but yes that was my thinking at the time in terms of balance. It was mainly the idea that Sobey could be used as a bench weapon while Randle was off. Of course i don't think that now.

I've nothing interesting or original to say when Adelaide are going so well but i have to congratulate them on waking up in a few key areas. Defensively, the team is so much better and they're running offence beautifully a t times. That home loss to Brisbane has really got them firing.

Reply #613776 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Thanks SteveK2.

Definitely not much depth. Drewy not sold on Moller clearly.

At their best they can be very good, but just can't afford injuries. I'd be playing Cadee and Lisch 35 mins each.

Reply #613780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Obviously, swearing at the ref is a no-no. Garlepp needs to check his temper."

No it's not. If the retard refs got it right in the 1st instance there would be TF.
You really don't know a lot about the game KET.

Reply #613782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET said " I noticed Randle wasn't substituted at his normal time 2mins to go in 3Q until 7/8 mins to left in the 4Q"

I guess that's why you aren't their coach.

Reply #613784 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I really hope you don't play basketball, I can only imagine people having to deal with such a fool.

Reply #613785 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

KET, value for Adelaide in keeping the streak alive, plus taking down a likely finals-bound opponent.

Agreed Isaac, I was hoping Joey would suspend his usual rotation and it paid dividends.

Reply #613787 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@Steve2k, thanks for posting that. Interesting that Sydney don't appear to be going to replace Blake. It's too early in a jam packed season to be running with 7 or 8 guys.

Kings need Khazzouh back ASAP, and really need backcourt help. Whittington had to play 40 minutes, tonight, because Newley was backing up Lisch and Cadee as well as playing 3. That, plus the short turn around from Friday night, is why the Kings looked so spent in this match, and a big part of how they lost.

Reply #613789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze clearly said it is what it is re replacement players, I think it probably got something to with the 5 players under 400g. He clearly took some of the blame for not playing his bench more earlier in the season and mentioned Moller specifically as being able to play but he has not allowed his bench the same latitude in mistakes as starters, you got play them to be able to learn, joey is a master of this, bevo and lemanis get done as well. Gazey iis new to top level coaching but he's a quick learner so hopefully kings make finals.

Reply #613794 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I can't see them winning the title without another guard, and can't understand why they aren't replacing Blake, there's thousands of options out there to fit any budget.

Reply #613803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings lost to 36ers wasn't a sign they need a point guard but more so they need to defend in the half court and containing the likes of Randle, sobey and even creek.

There defensive liability is now being exploited with Lisch the only kings player that can defend the opposition guards.

Khazzouh most likely will not return this season and if he does won't be the answer for the kings on the defensive end.

The kings are in real danger of not making the finals.

Reply #613804 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah it doesn't make sense. This is a big budget team, so odd that they haven't replaced Bryson/Blake

Reply #613806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dion Prewster is a guard but he hardly gets on, why sign him.

Reply #613808 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

ROFL " Creek isn't a baller"

18 pts
6/6 fgs
5/5 fts
Huge block

Classic hater

Reply #613835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754