Anonymous
Years ago

Brad Newley is unlikeable...

Sorry does anyone else just cringe watching this guy on the court? He just oozes arrogance, people who know him say he is rude and aggressive.

Topic #40510 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is what makes him entertaining. You don't have to like every player.

Without players like Newley, you wouldn't like players like Redhage or Goulding.

These character types are great for the league. we need more of them.

Reply #614033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I think he seems very committed as a player - love watching him play. He's like a machine on court. Like Creek, he has that great combination of power and athleticism.

Only spoken to Newley once - it was the first time I'd met him and we spoke for 30+ minutes. He was very genuine and happy to chat. Seemed pretty humble to me. He was between Euro contracts, for context.

There have been some dickheads in the league over the years I'm sure, but for the most part many of the guys are very decent. Outside of one import from the Breakers years ago, I can't think of any that I've met that haven't been good people.

Reply #614038 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Thought the same about Wortho until he started playing for the Taipans, and I can appreciate the same is probably true of most of the players you've just mentioned.

But Redhage? Redhage is a theatrical little flog who I can't wait to see the back of.

Reply #614040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Newley is one of the hardest and fairest guys on the court and gentlemen off it. Did someone loses money on his over under last game? Odd thing to vent about

Reply #614042 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Newley plays with a ton of passion and although he gets visibly frustrated at times (usually at himself) he doesn't go out there goading players into fouls and getting away with cheapies every chance he gets like some other guys in the league. I'm a Kings fan, but he could play for any team in the league and I'd feel the same way about him.

Reply #614045 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Never known the guy to be rude or aggressive. If anything he crosses the street to say hello to people. Remember people in school not liking him for being too nice haha

Reply #614055 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

When I first came across Brad for work purposes he struck me as arrogant, sort of kept to himself and gave little.

After a while he came up to me, introduced himself, apologised for not doing so sooner and had a great chat. He's always been really friendly ever since.

He's a really nice fellow who has a much friendlier interior than exterior!

Reply #614056 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

GREAT guy! Loves a chat. Dont confuse competitive with arrogant. Has always been super friendly to me and my family and his sister and parents have always been exactly the same. Great people.

I still think he's a smokey for MVP btw

Reply #614066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We like Redhage because non Perth fans hate him. Simple really

Reply #614067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate threads like this from anons who have no idea!

Reply #614068 | Report this post

ASternWarning  
Years ago

OP seems extremely out-numbered...

I can tell you that I haven't heard anyone in Sydney who doesn't love having Brad around. Great, honest competitor.

Reply #614069 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I can sort of see where the OP is coming from as initially in the pre-season I had the same sort of feeling, that he was a bit arrogant on court and expected things to come to him, but as the season started, could see that at least on court, it was just a super level of competitiveness...

Off court, I thought he seemed a bit more standoffish than other players, but I think that's because on the Kings there are a couple of guys that are really super personable and more outgoing, so if Brad keeps to himself a bit or is more reserved, that contrasted a lot more than it normally would...

After meeting him at that after game Members function post-United loss, I was surprised that he was really nice to have a quick chat too and a lot more personable than I (incorrectly) assumed.. Really nice guy...

Although I was really surprised that Bubbles and a few other guys were really nice off court as well, after being caught up with very much disliking them as opposition team players :)

Reply #614089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks like the most boring person ever. But that may be because of his facial expression and not what he really is like.

Reply #614109 | Report this post

Bullets r guns  
Years ago

Anon troll calling someone unlikable. Good one tosser

Reply #614135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His demeanour comes across as boring. It's a fact. Anon = troll. Ok let me think of a lame nickname to use then I won't be a "troll"...

Unless you put your real name in a nick we are all anons. DERP!

Reply #614137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're unlikeable anon. Perhaps we should start one about you.

Reply #614163 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I've never taken a particular disliking to him. He's a good player who plays hard but gets frustrated when things don't work out on the court because he actually cares about the result. If you want to talk about unlikeable NBL players, I don't think you can go past Daniel Kickert.

Reply #614173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Newley lovers coming to his rescue, TRIGGERED HAHA

Reply #614219 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Love his passion on the court

Reply #614231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Butt hurt sobey fan from earlier thread?

Reply #614409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754