koberulz
Years ago

Shawn Redhage Signs With Perth Redbacks

Redbacks Facebook

The Perth Redbacks are extremely proud and excited to announce that current Perth Wildcat Shawn Redhage will be joining the club to play in the upcoming 2017 Men's State Basketball League Season.

I would imagine that's confirmation he won't be playing NBL after this season.

Topic #40527 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

to me that makes it seem more like he's trying to stay in game shape and prove he can stay in the nbl still? more the way i look at it anyway

Reply #614374 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Can't see him wanting a 12-month load on his body at this stage of his career.

Reply #614375 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I see it more as a last ditch attempt to get another contract from the Wildcats next season.

At this stage you would think it highly unlikely he would get another deal so if he can say "Hey look what I've just done in the SBL?" it could potentially be the thing that gets him over the line.

Reply #614376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i see where you're coming from, but not like he's had a major load on his body during this season.. everything i hear says he's a major competitor so i'm sure he wouldn't back down from going around again..
might just be wishful thinking..

Reply #614377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with Zodiac!

Reply #614378 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Interesting signing by Redbacks.

Is it a worth while pick up considering his age and obviously he's on the back end of his career?

Reply #614406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow this is huge news! No wait....

Reply #614413 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Alex Loughton did the same thing last year playing for the Cairns Marlins, seems to have helped keep him fit over the off-season. He hasn't gotten injured yet which is a minor miracle considering the last few years...

Reply #614415 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Let's see what he does if the Cats make the playoffs.. if doesn't get minutes or contribute, it's over.

Reply #614421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the end for Redhage, after one season with Lako as his coach he will hate the game

Reply #614433 | Report this post

Umm  
Years ago

Why isn't this in the Thread for the SBL?

Reply #614434 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What exactly are the restricted player rules for SBL?
IIRC it something like averaging more than 10 minutes a game in the current season.
Not sure what his averages were last season, but I'm assuming that now there is a high confidence he would be unrestricted and as such a great pickup for an SBL team.
(I would have preferred he signed with the Eagles.)

Redhage is a highly respected veteran of the Wildcats. I doubt he needs to play SBL to prove his credentials. If they thought he could still offer something they would keep him on.
It could still happen, still half a season to go, who knows what happens.

But the Cats are also top-heavy, and ageing. They already have Wagstaff and Hire to backup the 4, so I'm assuming they have been planning on Shawn's retirement.

Looking forward to seeing that Red 42 hoisted to the rafters.

Reply #614448 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"Looking forward to seeing that Red 42 hoisted to the rafters. "

If they wanted to truly honour his contribution over the last few years they'll let it suddenly and inexplicably drop to the floor several times on the way up.

Reply #614538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My sense is he'd be willing to keep playing in the NBL but if the cats don't offer him a deal then so be it

Reply #614826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754