Anonymous
Years ago

Future Boomers and Opals

What might these teams look like in the near future?

Many players are at the end of there international careers and coaching changes are expected.

Players like
Anderson, bogut, baynes, ingles, Martin, lisch will be 34-35 plus in 2019.
Phillips, Taylor, hodges, Mitchell etc

Who are the likely players to fill those positions?

Topic #40528 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut will be 35, the other players you mention will be between 30-33, and completely capable of still contributing in 2020. Baynes and Ingles will still be there, Lisch and Martin will be superceded by numerous Aussie guards coming through. Bogut might have one last go at it or be replaced with Maker or Humphries. Anderson will probably be too old.

The issue is more after 2020 whether we will have enough big men coming up.

Reply #614414 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@ME, the question in regards to future bigs may be more likely about what big guys we are developing who can play multiple positions/roles and the flexibility to shoot it outside, put it on the floor and create, plus defend the rim?

Like small/power forwards are used, but at 6'10" or bigger, as the international trends appear to be heading in many instances?

Reply #614416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers
6'0 Mills
6'4 Dellavedova
6'4 Goulding
6'6 Exum
6'7 Broekhoff
6'8 Ingles
6'10 Simmons
6'10 Bolden
6'10 Baynes
6'11 Landale
7'0 Bogut
7'1 Maker

Reply #614420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opals
5'7 Mansfield
5'9 Whitcomb
5'10 Seekamp
5'11 Wallace
6'1 Talbot
6'1 Allen
6'1 Jarry
6'3 Blicavs
6'4 George
6'5 Mijovic
6'5 Tolo
6'8 Cambage

Reply #614422 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The fact that Simmons will probably be able to play 1-5 will help. I think we should be very good in 2020 but still we need to keep developing and pushing kids through. The world cup qualifiers might be the best chance to blood a couple as we lead into 2020 and beyond.

Reply #614426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754