Isaac
Years ago

Kings vs Hawks, Dec 23

Kings 10-9 and Hawks 9-8. Kings have lost three straight but might fancy themselves in this one tonight.

Anyone dare tip?

Topic #40536 | Report this topic

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Kings have signed another forward, when they have 4 on the bench fighting for minutes. They desperately need an import PG. So with Clarke back in form, Hawks by 5.

Reply #614609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings to make it a clean sweep against the Hawks.

Reply #614610 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I've been intrigued with the performances of all teams this season and none less than these teams.

Hawks have always seem to get the job done when you least expect them and the Kings have been like that mate we all have who should be a hit with the girls, until he opens his mouth to speak. Don't know if it is resting on laurels or clash of egos, but Kings have been like the new Adelaide Hospital - should be the best in the world, but not quite there.

I was in the Gong last weekend and was hoping to see the boys play, but they were in Queensland.

Cadee has been the highlight this season. He has definitely lifted since returning home. Having said that, I think I've just jinxed him.

Kings a little more unbalanced, I reckon the Hawks are playing more as a team and will squeeze past the Kings like a fat Santa sliding down a chimney

Reply #614614 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Matchups have been a theme of the Hawks season

Got beaten comfortably twice by Cairns. Have beaten Adelaide comfortably twice. Now have beaten Brisbane twice.

But...they've lost all 3 to the Kings. So I'll tip the Kings here.

Reply #614616 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Dare I say it, another cracker game ahead!

Home team by 5 points, based on nothing more than that...

Reply #614617 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The matchups are fascinating

Illawarra have Adelaide's measure- 2 big wins
Adelaide has Cairns' measure- 2 big wins
Cairns has it all over Illawarra- 2 big wins

An interesting sub plot to track as the season continues.

Reply #614618 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

(and in this context, Kings 3-0 vs Illawarra, but Kings 0-3 vs Adelaide....who are 0-2 vs Illawarra)

Reply #614619 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That's crazy @LV, but the margins I believe are also very tight in most all of those games, so anything is still possible...

Reply #614623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra by 13, kings need Cadee to show early season form and glimpses of last game performance to be a chance.

Reply #614633 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Kings has Cadee firing.... Newley will start firing soon.

With new starter, Garrett, it should provide enough firepower to overcome Hawks.

Sydney by 5.

Reply #614635 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

No Newley tonight?

Reply #614650 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yeah no Newley it seems, Garlepp starting. Jackson will play extended minutes tonight. He's flashing his jersey a couple of times I see, he's wearing no. 20.

Reply #614651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller getting some early time. Will be interested to see if he lives up to the hype.

Will we also see Bo Liu tonight?

Reply #614653 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well there goes Moller to the bench after he gave Coenraad a 4 point play.

Reply #614654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White looks like a new player under Beveridge. This is why hes the best coach in the game.

Reply #614655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dion pester seeing minutes too

Reply #614657 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

G. Jackson is not great.

Reply #614664 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Both teams going hard at each other, low scores but good game so far. Jackson couldn't quite finish some surprising plays but his hustle at both ends and mobility were very good.

Reply #614665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is a mug analyst. Thinks that rest doesn't matter because they play four times a week in the NBA.

Reply #614667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscar abusing garlepp out there

Reply #614668 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Lol Kangz

Reply #614670 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Glad I didn't have a bet in this one. Too stressful!

Reply #614672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscaaaaaaaar

Reply #614673 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Foreman gonna Fore

Man

Reply #614674 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

20-4 run bah Gods

Reply #614676 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sydney are in a serious hole of late. So much promise, but just aren't fulfilling any of that promise.

Reply #614678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"G. Jackson is not great."

He's better than Garrlepp!

Reply #614679 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

You leave Tommy out of this!

Reply #614680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AS a long term Kings fan they suck balls.

Reply #614682 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar Forman

Daylight

Just kidding. Bit of a turnaround from the "he's done" posts last game. Shooters that don't rely on athleticism are bound to have some longevity I think.

Great to have Heal commentating. Probably one of my favourites from the NBL commentary options.

Reply #614688 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow.

For much of that last quarter, it was Illawarra and then daylight!

Reply #614689 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Kings missing Newley and Gaze got out-coached by Bevo there. I was chuckling a bit when he quickly had to sub Jackson back in for Garlepp but it was all too late and the Kings have lost all momentum.

Reply #614690 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@LV Ha! I see what you did there... trying to Jinx the Hawks are we? :)

Reply #614691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the Kings ever put a good season together? Forever underachieving.

Long live the Violet Crumbles.

Reply #614692 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That 4th Q was a textbook case on how to throw a game away.

I really liked Jackson's energy on the glass and the fact that he attacked the hoop, but I don't know if the coaching staff neglecting to tell whoever was guarding Oscar to never ever leave him under any circumstances or Jackson and Tommy both just made mistakes, but he had way, way too many open looks after his defender dropped into the key.

Reply #614694 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

It's up there with "Never fight a land war in Asia."

"Never leave Oscar Foreman open at the 3 point line."

The Violet Crumbles. Would a change of uniform be required for them to shake the team's tendency to melt in the crunch the way a Violet Crumble does?

They started the season so well, and have managed, by a combination of bad luck and bad choices, to balls the whole thing up, in spite of the talent they have.

Only Melbourne United can compete with this spectacular failure.

Reply #614696 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

The Hawks won't feel like the same team when Oscar the Grouch gives it away :(

(One of the nicest guys around)

Reply #614704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game showed gaze is better at marketing the kings than coaching them!

His inexperience as a coach was very evident when at the with 4:00min mark the hawks went on a scoring run and gaze despite his ally oop mate Copeland and a championship coach in vickermen, there was NO timeout called to stop the hawks momentum. WTF!

A U/12 coach would know to call a timeout at the moment. He eventually called one with 1:30 left way too late and not enough time to win the game.

With 8 game remaining and the current form slump, teams will be very confident they can beat the kings which in turn means there are No more excuses for gaze and his kings players.

They are in now in a dog fight to make the finals.

Reply #614753 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'there was NO timeout called to stop the hawks momentum. WTF!'

Yeah that was incomprehensible.

What was it like 7 Hawks baskets in a row without a timeout?

Even I know to call a timeout after about 3 consecutive baskets by the opposite team to halt a bit of momentum.

Reply #614764 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

When it comes to Gaze I'd just like to say that I informed you thusly. Nice guy but not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. I'm surprised that he has managed to look competent for much of the season but Got found out badly last night.

Reply #614778 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah it was odd that there were so few time outs in that last while the Hawks were running rampant.

Reply #614792 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Foreman the difference, Newley needed!

Reply #614813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754