Anonymous
Years ago

Boxing Day: Brisbane @ Melbourne

Well, here it is. With Bairstow out, it's lost a bit of its lustre. Is Craig playing?

Melbourne should win comfortably.

Topic #40549 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Never know which United will turn up.

Reply #614983 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Shame about the weather not allowing the roof to be open.

Hopefully it's a cracking game.

Reply #615003 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

TC is playing

Reply #615004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do u know the roof is shut ?

Reply #615006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it's forecast to rain dumbass.

Reply #615010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it's raining dumbass above.

Reply #615021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since I'm not in Melbourne and not watching the game how would I know it's raining dumbass above.

Reply #615025 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Are you aware of this thing called 'the Internet'? It's a series of tubes invented by Al Gore. It's pretty neat, you should check it out some time.

Reply #615030 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

"Invented by Al Gore"

Reply #615031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your not I'm Melbourne and not watching what game?
No one mentioned any game. The forecast for rain doesn't always mean the roof will be closed either.

Reply #615032 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The roof is officially closed. Will instead be open February 6 vs Illawarra.

Reply #615034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it possible to play in the rain or would the court be too slippery?

Reply #615035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abbey gelmi is great

Reply #615036 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Welcome to the face palm thread folks...

Reply #615039 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

What's with these camera angles?

Reply #615040 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Someone got a spidercam for christmas i'm guessing

Reply #615041 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

yep, they just bragged about it. Piece of junk.

Reply #615042 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Spidercam could be good for another perspective on some replays but should not be used in game.

Reply #615043 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Confirming these camera angles are annoying af. The season so far has been poor in this respect.

Reply #615044 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I agree. It's a very crappy camera angle. Does the NBA ever do it? No. So why do the producers think it's a good way to broadcast the NBL this way? Not everything has to be the same as the NBA obviously but at least get the basics right.

Reply #615045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth hnasd Jervis coming off the bench backing up Knight and Jawai and gave him away.amazing

Reply #615046 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Tom Jervis just gave 90% of nbl fans a Christmas present, dropping a couple of elbows into Goulding's face.

Reply #615047 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

CG43!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #615049 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

CG43!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #615050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spider cam is designed for big venues not small basketball stadiums. Save you money NBL on head spinning vertigo inducing unwatchable ideas. You tried it and it failed.

Reply #615052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 1/2time Melb are now $1.14 to the Bullets $5.5.

Reply #615054 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

With 5 points, a few boards, and a block from Boone he's already showed up Goggles

Reply #615057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane not a great choice for a showpiece game. Easily the most boring side in the NBL and not that good either

Reply #615058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they played with the roof open and it's raining the floor wipers would be flat out!!!

Reply #615059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to Brisbane being boring they have been very good in regards to competing but now no bairstow makes them really weak. Don't think the nbl is too worried about the Melb united boys having a sell out and pumping an opponent. I'd prefer to have Christmas lunch with dazz and redhage before bringing this spider cam back though!

Reply #615062 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As a general philosophy I don't mind them trying out new things in the name of improving the TV product, but yeah spider cam has been predictably pointless.

Reply #615063 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Gibson is a problem for the Bullets. Takes too long to get them into an offensive set IMO. Their offense makes for tough viewing.

They look good when Bruce is in as they tend to flow more and get easy basketa. But the flipside is that he gets a bit too out of control sometimes and not settled.

Reply #615064 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Boone with his strong rebounding and energetic inside play appears to have shored up one area where United could have been exposed.

5-2 since Ware arrived and most of those wins without either Blanchfield or Andersen.

Reply #615068 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

DD for next Boomers coach. Aiight?!!

Reply #615070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne's recruitment of Ware and Boone has turned them into championship favourites.

I don't mind the spider cam to get to court level behind a player when he's shooting a free throw (similar to the way I've seen it used for the AFL Grand Final where you get to see it from the players view when they have a set shot). But when play is "live" I prefer the traditional angles.

Reply #615071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United are not favourites. Great revenge win over a depleted and flat Brisbane but they are not title favourites. That's adelaide as of right now.

Reply #615074 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Finals contenders but still far off from being championship favourites

Reply #615075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've got to be kidding yourself if you've got Adelaide over United.

United have stars everywhere.

Reply #615076 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

When Randle, Sobey and DJ fire the 6ers can beat anyone.
Aside from TFerg not much else worth getting excited about.

United have loads of different options and combos that work....way too inconsistent though. Let's see them string 8 in a row like the 6ers.

Reply #615080 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It's not how you play in December that counts. It's how you play in February and March.

Things are starting to look up for United. Their biggest issue might be lack of cohesion due to lack of practice together. 3 starters having extended sits on the sidelines, 2 imports arrriving mid season. They've never had a settled line-up for any decent period of time.

Reply #615085 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If there is one thing we must learn from this season it is that the difference between a win or a loss is so tight and team balance is so critical that anyone can still get up for the finals, United are flying now but the season is what, half way in...!

Reply #615094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1) Roof open

*daylight*

2) Roof closed

Reply #615101 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ LOL

Reply #615125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then fuck it, im kidding myself. But im not going to get all excited about United beating up on a less than fully functioning Bullets team. It was a bloodbath, but string some wins together on the road, then we can talk. But for now, im happy to be kidding myself a few games clear at the top of the table.

Reply #615138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754