Anonymous
Years ago

How do you register on Ozhoops?

I can't for the life of me figure it out. You would nearly think that registrations are blocked

Topic #40557 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You literally can't.

The owner (Derek - I think that was his name), stopped managing the site ages ago.

There was a brief blip this year where some mods tried to get it back going, but Derek as been MIA apparently.

It's dead. A wasteland.

No Anons allowed and a very very small section of fans.

Twitter pretty much killed it.

Reply #615149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a shame. I used to post on it a while ago but lost my user details. It used to be the premier forum and now it appears this forum is Australia's #1.

Reply #615150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long gone. There are a few people from there that post here. Why they post there I don't know because no one looks there anymore.
Also talk about it being reinvigorated. So here's hoping. Koberulz posts there for some reason. Ask him.

Reply #615152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Twitter pretty much killed it."

Twitter is good to have, but me there's still a place for forums. It's still easier to read a large number of opinions on one topic on forums IMO. Twitter is too fragmented and not as easy to follow the conversations.

Reply #615154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twitter had nothing to do with it. The owner still funds it and the last post there was a week ago. Why does Koberulz need to post there and here as well? Weird.
Certainly in it's heyday and other forums before that were great.

Reply #615159 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Derek has only been MIA as far as OzHoops is concerned.

He is still very active on FB, Twitter and other things.

The biggest mistake IMO was creating an Off Topic section that one had to pay $10 a year to be part of. Now .... I understood the reasonings for this and ponied up the fee, but many objected and it created an "Us V Them " scenario for some. That & the bitchiness got to an all time high at one point and many regulars left( some never went back).

While I hate the Anon posting here, at least there's discussion with minimal flaming.

Reply #615179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the usual suspects took over and ruined it for ever.

Reply #615184 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Kings fans used to act like they owned the place

Reply #615186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No the Perth people did same as they do now

Reply #615195 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I post there and have since 2013, but only in the NBL Dream Team thread. It's the only consistently active thread on the site. I don't even look at any other thread on there, it's been dead for a long time.

It took me weeks to even get registered in 2013, and like others have said, it's pretty much impossible to register and has been like that for ages.

Reply #615203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jump on big footy. A good baketball community posting there.

Www.bigfooty.com

Reply #615215 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

"Kings fans used to act like they owned the place"

No.... the minute we posted anything remotely like what you say .... we got shouted down. Apart from the odd oddball every team had... I don't think Kings fans were much different to any other teams' fans.

Reply #615240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't wake them Joe.

Reply #615257 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Lmao

Reply #615311 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

We're sure to get a mention "In Another Place" ..... ;)

Reply #615312 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ozhoops is dead.

Long live Ozhoops.

Reply #615322 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Haha Anon #615195

Some of the Kings fans were painful... Despite Joe's yellow and purple tinted view on society altering reality a little bit.

It seemed to me the site had a clique and those part of it lacked basic social skills/struggled with the idea of "don't be a dick". Then the rest were either trolls, or abused as if they were one.

I also felt like many on there were pretty rude about Hoops SA and Isaac, probably seeing it as some sort of "competitor" as if the NBL needed less coverage or facilitation of discussion.

Reply #615362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The standard of posts on Hoops is embarrassing tho.

Reply #615410 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

KET.

What you said about a clique was pretty much not team based.

It was more to do with a couple of other things.

Isaac never really got bagged out. He got ribbed because of the nature of the anon posting here.

OzHoops had plenty of tards over the journey, but at least with usernames you could get somewhat of a handle on what you were dealing with.

As I said... every team has "painful" posters.

Personally... I found the licorice all sorts of Crocs fans the worst.

Reply #615415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes DD fan banned here long before Ozho's did. Fruitloop.

Reply #615417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754