Very Old
Years ago

test knowledge on rules that Refs get wrong

this is interesting

http://www.slideshare.net/TABO2013/top-10-questions-answered-incorrectly-on-the-2015-2016-fiba-exam

got 2 wrong myself :(

Topic #40585 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

100% of active referees get #8 wrong as well. I've literally never seen it called the way FIBA reckon it should be.

Reply #616110 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

its the "in the act of shooting" that gets the refs.
if the shooter is fouled in the act of shooting then continuation is allowed and points count.

Can be a 4 point play.

If the non-shooter is fouled , while the act of shooting is incomplete - the continuation is waived off - the max penalty is 2 shoots to the fouled non-shooter and shot does not count. Ive seen that called

(Lets ignore flagrant/intentional/etc off - the -shootere fouls FTM.)

the heavy one both happening at the same time, two defensive fouls, the continuation points are allowed,the shooter gets a bonus, then the fouled non-shooter gets 2.

ive seen that happened and called.

The one i like and have seen called, is a 5 point and possession play. Shooter hits the 3, gets fouled unsportmanlike after fully completing the shoot ( landing etc) so points count, 2 bonus and possession - up to a 7 point possession play to the offense.

Seen it once, but the player had to explain it to the ref to get it as they were initially only going to award a single bonus :)

Reply #616118 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

correction - not 2 bonus, just 2 foul shots.

Reply #616119 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754