Bulletsfan
Years ago

McDowell-White joins Kings

Will McDowell-White has been confirmed to join the Kings as a development player.
Source, Basketball Australia

Topic #40601 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering he sat on the bench for them over a week ago I would've thought everyone knew. Hoping to head back to college next year..

Reply #616500 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

you're a bit late to the party there mate, that was announced on December 28 http://www.sydneykings.com/news/william-mcdowell-white-joins-kings/

Reply #616509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he as good as people say or is it just another overhyped player.

Reply #616510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey did you guys see Kobe retired?

Reply #616517 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Slightly over-hyped perhaps, but has the physique and talent to be as good as the 'great one' in the future if he puts in the work. Maybe even be better due to his athleticism.

Reply #616521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's lazy in the classroom...

Reply #616524 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Yeah, I'd like to know more about the 'academic ineligibility' & I think he mentioned something too about a clash with the team / coach or something like that too...

Reply #616530 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Meh, I don't really care how an athlete does in the classroom to be honest. Clashes with teammates and coaches though, sure, red flag if true.

Reply #616535 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

The clash of head personal comment was from today's NBL website article wasn't it? Probably nothing major to be worried about.

As far as what the academic inegibility is about, a report from the Fresno Bee website mentioned that he was sent to an Anaheim prep school to do some courses that will make him eligible to enrol into Fresno State but unfortunately didn't make the grades on those. Ironically, he was supposed to be the star recruit to replace the one and only Marvelle Harris. :)

Reply #616538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's failed the prep,classes NCAA won't let him go to college no matter how good he or anyone else thinks he is or what contacts he's got, NCAA are a law unto themselves.

Reply #616540 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Kings not = daylight.
Kings = goneski
I'm calling it now. Kings are out of top 4 due to poor recruitment and poor coaching.

Reply #616662 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

What do you mean Kobe retired??.... Next thing your going to tell me Tim Duncan retired also

Reply #616672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754