Matt
Years ago

NBL better than A-League/Test cricket this season

NBL has been better than both these sports format this season.
T-20 Big bash has drawn a lot of support, i find t-20 BORING THOUGH. But A-League has been crap this year as has been test series vs Pakistan. South Africa series was boring to. And I'm someone who loved test cricket.

Topic #40609 | Report this topic

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

I agree, but that's just your opinion.

Reply #616677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your preaching to the converted in this forum unfortunately. As basketball has became more and more accessible I have found cricket more and more boring and only tune in to the odd 20/20 game now.

Reply #616681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't follow the A League or Cricket.

Reply #616683 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I watch all three and have found the NBL has gained ground, for certain, but an A-League rivalry game is still right up there and an exciting big bash game does pack them in. NBL is now a player, that has been achieved over the past two seasons and we need to continue making an impact to remain viable.

Reply #616699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The TV rights for the BBL are about to go through the roof next season.$800mill possibly.
1.8mill and 1.4 mill for cricket viewers isn't poor at all either.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cricket/800m-tv-deal-on-horizon-as-big-bash-reaches-new-heights/news-story/29a5ebc806071c2e758f86d3a40bf668

Reply #616704 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Big bash is an awesome product and very cleverly packaged into an exciting product that is on TV every day for 5 weeks at the same time.

It has become a part of what people do in the summer. Watch the big bash after tea every night.

NBL is great, different league though...and growing much slower.

A league and test cricket is horrible. IMHO

Reply #616721 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I think big bash does so well because you only have 4 home games, people flock to get the short glimpse each year. Definite benifit, as I think if you had a 20/20 season structured like the NBL for example it would flop quickly!

Reply #616722 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

A-League is just a poor standard of football, and test cricket is a dinosaur dying a slow death. I find Big Bash about as exciting as a home run derby in baseball, but hey, its done wonder for cricket, and we do have some of the best cricketers in the world.

Reply #616723 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Big bash is cricket trying to look like basketball. But cricket is in grained in the Aussie culture and this looks more like the beach criket or back yard cricket that we all grew up with so we easily identify with it.
The limited overs does the job of the shot clock, it forces action.
They bring in cheerleaders, fireworks, loud music. Lots and lots of stat's to talk about. it's all over in nice timeframe for TV and it fills the in summer tv programing with Australian content, so tv will certainly be keen to promote it. (we all remember when channel 10 had NBl and bug bash, but we never saw any promotion of their NBL coverage.
A league tries to be associated with European Soccer and draws largely on peoples historical cultural "love" of the game.

Reply #616726 | Report this post

The World Game  
Years ago

A league tries to be associated with European Soccer and draws largely on peoples historical cultural "love" of the game.

Clearly you know SFA about the A-League if you believe this is true.

Reply #616733 | Report this post

The World Game  
Years ago

A-League is just a poor standard of football,

Which league are you comparing it to?

Reply #616734 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

A-League is over hyped in my opinion. Some channels (sbs and abc24 specifically) go overboard with its news coverage. I dont have Fox, but can only assume its the same there.

The NBL is seriously underrated by comparison. Most mainstream media are still yet to catch on that the NBL is well on the rise. The news coverage of the NBL is sometimes still stuck in the pre-kestleman era of BA, when the league was low. Unfortunately it will take a lot longer for basketball to be taken seriously than it has for BBL, ALeague etc...

Reply #616745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the Big Bash League? I don't follow AFL

Reply #616757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course you think basketball is better you're on a basketball forum.

Reply #616762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754