Isaac
Years ago

Bogut expecting to be traded

Bogut, who has been relegated by the Mavs to a full-time bench role at his request, said in a phone interview with Australia's Sky Sports Radio that it wouldn't surprise him if he were traded before February's trade deadline.

"Thankfully, I'm a free agent here, so I only have a couple of months more here and then will most likely move on," Bogut told Sky Sports. "I don't see myself hanging around with everything that's gone on. It will be an interesting six months ahead."
"I've got a valuable contract ... having four months left on my contract, I'm a valuable commodity to be moved," Bogut said.
Obviously by valuable he's talking about $10m expiring but in a full transcript he also talks about the pay days for guys like him. e.g., contracts like Mozgov's, Noah's, etc.

Full story on ESPN

A bit more after the first interview blew up slightly:
"I'm not silly. I've been in this league long enough. I'm an expiring contract," Bogut said Thursday, a day after expressing during an interview with Australia's Sky Sports Radio that he expected his time in Dallas to be brief. "I haven't asked for a trade, but I know in this league we're 11-24, and I was being honest. There's a chance that I get traded. That turned out into a headline that says 'Bogut wants out,' which is false, but it's just one of the things you have to deal with in this league."
Story on ESPN

Topic #40612 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know too many teams that would want him. He still contributes on the court...its his off court stupidity that would make other teams wary.

Reply #616712 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

To my C's, would help as long as he can stay fit.

Reply #616713 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Anon, I'm curious about this off court stupidity you mention? What is it you are referring to?

Reply #616714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing like nightclub fights like Demarcus and Matt Barnes, but his misguided comments on social media have rubbed some of his current and former teammates the wrong way.

Reply #616715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm sure it frustrates the team, but it's a tame distraction compared to some of the alternatives. Obviously still has useful skills and it's a position where teams appear to often end up desperate and overpaying. Look at Noah's deal or Asik's one before that.

But yeah, if he wanted to maximise his suitors, he'd watch his tongue a bit more.

Reply #616727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'd be happy at the bucks.

Reply #616728 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

What off court issues? A few words that aren't PC really. If teams can get over players getting arrested, not paying child support, etc etc, I think he will be fine.

I imagine he's waiting for a nice pay day in the next free agency, and with a winning team. Could he be on Spurs, Celtics, Warriors again?

Reply #616732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please, who isnt offended these days by everything and anything. If you dont like his tweets unfollow. Guy speaks his mind as we all do, so deal with it. He is saying what every exec is thinking, very solid trade commodity, why play dumb and act like he isnt aware of his NBA worth. But to say he is showing stupidity off the court, you my friend are a complete muppet.

Reply #616743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a previous article the other day about how he wanted to play off the bench because he and Dirk could not co-exist at the 4 / 5. He wanted to let Dirk take the starting 5 spot.

This doesn't sound right to me.

Dallas won their championship with Tyson Chandler at the 5 and Dirk at the 4 successfully.

Reply #616744 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

That's the problem with this PC world we live in.
You're supposed to lie and BS, and say crap like "I'll really happy here and expect to be hear for years" right up until the second you leave.
He's an Aussie, he calls a spade a shovel. He's dared to answer honestly about his current situation, and people are aghast.

Reply #616754 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

There's definitely a few teams that could use him. Boston, Milwaukee, Portland etc. He's a good team man willing to play d, set screens, rebound and is also a good passer for a big. Someone will want that

Reply #616839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't talking about his honest assessment of his current contract. I'm talking about him rubbing his teammates the wrong way by dissing Black Lives Matter, and jumping on an alt-right conspiracy theory. If you aren't aware how much that got his teammates off side then you are the complete muppet.

Reply #616848 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If the luxury tax was distributed appropriately, CNS would have enough money to sign him next year in the NBL.

I'm sure MEL have an eye on him at the moment.

Reply #616855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His main problem isn't his mouth, it's his durability. Gets injured often and that makes it hard to commit large, long-term dollars to him.

Reply #616871 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

"If the luxury tax was distributed appropriately, CNS would have enough money to sign him next year in the NBL."

He would be an absolute sensation in Fearne's system. You need a very high basketball IQ to execute it properly and it's not really designed to score many baskets.

Reply #616873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754