PL
Years ago

Premier League - imports and movement

Have heard a lot about other leagues on this forum. What's happening in Premier League?

I heard North have Starling. West have a couple of imports. Who else have teams signed? What other movement has there been? Will clubs be utilising two imports?

And most importantly - who is looking like title contenders?

Topic #40651 | Report this topic

PL  
Years ago

Are any of the 36ers or 36ers Development guys playing?

Reply #617803 | Report this post

> Football  
Years ago

Woodville Men
Myles someone is a guard from Eastern, I think?
Chris Clausen & Daniel Carlin from central plus they have Scott Whitmore coaching also

Woodville ladies, I hope Deanna Troia returns, that's for sure.

Reply #617840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Woodville also had two imports but no names.

Woodville might be a stacked team if that is the case. Not sure who else will be that strong

Reply #617843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Per the Warriors Facebook page. Seems like he's from a div 3 college. Had ok numbers but can't find any highlights.

Any other clubs announced imports or whispers about who they might be?

The men's team are pleased to announce the signing of new American Import Jason Luhnow.

Jason is a graduate of Lewis & Clark University, Portland Oregon and currently resides in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

Jason is a combo guard standing at 6’2

He will be arriving in Adelaide on January 18th.

"Jason comes highly recommended from numerous sources we have in Portland, he is a strong rebounding combo guard that can shoot from distance, we have been in conversation with Jason for sometime and we are please to get him to Australia so early in our pre season. I looked at about 7-8 guards and Jason ticked all of the boxes. For me it wasn’t about trying to find another Nelson Kirksey (very hard to do) it was about recruiting a player that fills the gap we have in our squad. We think we have done that with Jason"

Scott Whitmore, Head Coach

Jason will be the second player from Lewis & Clark to play for Scott, Josh Kollasch played under Scott in 2011 while at Centrals.

Jason will join four other new warriors for 2017, Daniel Carlin, Chris Clausen, Myles Thiele and Luke Frost.

Welcome to the Warriors Jason we look forward to your arrival and input to our Mens team!

#wdbc #bleedgreen #premierleague #warriors #ballers #basketball #basketballsa

Reply #617849 | Report this post

> Football  
Years ago

North men:
Tom Rowe retired (captain)

Luke Mapunda is back from early retirement to run with Alex Starling & the returning Aric Miller as the two imports.

John Wernham is back from previous Rockets stint.

Darcy Aistrope has been recruited from Eastern

No doubt, they will make the playoffs

Thoughts?

Reply #617932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North might be OK this year especially with another year of experience with their younger brigade.

Reply #617936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will southern be 1 hit wonders? Or will they be competitive again?

Reply #617952 | Report this post

> Football  
Years ago

Flames ladies :

Foley has retired
Jess is playing post WNBL season
Mahoney undecided

New recruits are Mackay sisters, Shannon & Kelsey

Watch out !!!!

Reply #617960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also for North is Starling playing footy? Surely that has to efffect his performance?

Without him Southern do look to be 1 hit wonders.

Reply #617968 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

There is now a Premier League on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/basketballpremierleague/?fref=ts

It will talk about all the official signings so far.

North mens look like the favourites so far but it is still too early.

Tigers men will be rebuilding with the loss of Starling and probably Creek however they have done some innovative work getting Robert Linton from interstate. They will get a few more players and still be competitive. They also have a great coach.

No mention of Sixer players but I would say Creek would probably have a rest in the off season but that guy is a machine so he will probably take part in the season. Usually Sixers players wait to see how the NBL season pans out and then decide if they will stick around, so I doubt none of them will commit to anything this soon.

Reply #618065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Robert Linton? I'm hearing Sam Johns might leave too.

They'd want to have a good import lined up to replace Starling if they want to stay competitive.

Reply #618067 | Report this post

> Football  
Years ago

Central have advertised for a head coach of the ladies team, no announcement yet.
South in the same boat

Reply #618142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South have announced Chas McCormick as their head coach. Not sure if they have any players though. Might be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Womens could be a case of haves & have nots.

Hearing Elsworthy to Sturt. McKays already announced to Flames. Why is everyone leaving North?

Have also heard Skinner to Tigers & Ally Wilson to play for Mavs.

Reply #618181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville have lost Doyle & Gerlach. Is Rios returning? Have heard they have another import but not sure if it's on top of Rios or instead of.

Sounds like teams have mostly gone for two imports.

If Norwood have Lycett & Holmes with 2 imports & KB coaching lookout.

Reply #618650 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Where's Doyle and Gerlach going ?

Reply #618651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle is a SEABL team. I want to say Bendigo or Ballarat.

Girls have lost to old age/retirement.

Reply #618652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerlach I mean, not girls.

Reply #618653 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks. Big loss. FV need to consider the trade off for one family being the pride of the club over the entire community with so many players that have left particularly junior girls. It is startig to show at Premier level.

Reply #618655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How will the Forestville girls look?

Reply #618656 | Report this post

> Football  
Years ago

Andy will need to recruit Brad Newley

Reply #619076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Majok Deng will play for them? Him, Rios & an import would still see them top 5.

Reply #619089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus Drmic & Deng to F/ville + import/s?

I think if Andy can't win with that team he will be following his wife out the door.

The bar must now be generating lots of money!!

Reply #620673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am hearing Drmic to Norwood.

Jo Hill out of retirement. Seems like North are good at unretiring!

Reply #620692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess the Premier League is not the topic on the tip of everyone's tongues right now but any more news on player movement or recruitment

Reply #623437 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Miller back for North will be good after he was picked for the NBA 3 on 3 comp, he has a better shot and looks quicker - couple him and Starling... looks good.

Linton is good, has played in the SEABL and is pretty strong - Creek will play again, he doesnt know how to sit still.

Reply #628977 | Report this post

johnny  
Years ago

"southern look to be 1 hit wonders"
Sign drmic

Reply #629505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creeks inprovement under Southern coaching is a draw for many players I would think.. Reserve men took out the GF showing similar improvments overall.

Reply #629514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern certainties - seems like two good NBL players plus a SEABL player plus good young group. All that is missing from the puzzle is COTY

Reply #629530 | Report this post

macsam  
Years ago

Southern get import
Mike Nwelue

Interesting signing

Reply #629570 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Seems like he would go alright in the ABA. Has some ups.

Reply #629577 | Report this post

PL  
Years ago

Southern again the team making the big splashes with announcements!

What is this import supposed to be like? Maybe looks a bit on the small side to play as a big in PL?

Not sure I'd have Tigers favourites. Miller & Starling have won MVP & Wollacotts. Surely they'd be as good or better than Creek & Drmic? Plus Mapunda is back & they recruited well with Aistrope.

Other teams with two imports will go well. West a chance to cause waves. Forestville unknown. Norwood will surely have 2 great imports plus good coaching & good Aussie core.

Great job Southern generating interest around the league. But I think it's premature putting them as favourites.

Are there any pre season games coming up over the next couple weeks?

Reply #629625 | Report this post

Big J  
Years ago

Mike Nwelue Is a 3 man but looking at previous stats doesn't mind bagging if need, looks pretty athletic I know there was a few big V teams interested so good to see him get a gig out here.
His high lights aren't bad, good luck on the season

Reply #629631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what ended up happening in Waikerie & Millicent over the weekend? How did the new imports look? Any reviews or reports from the tournaments?

Reply #630023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754