Zodiac
Years ago

Ice Cube launches 3 on 3 league

- Nine former NBA players already signed in Kenyon Martin, Chauncey Billups, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, Rashard Lewis, Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Mike Bibby and Allen Iverson has signed on as a player/coach.

- The Big3 league will have 8 teams with 5 players on each team, one head coach and one assistant coach. All coaches will be former NBA players.

- Season will start on the 24th June with 8 regular-season game nights each Saturday in arenas around the country, each date consisting of four games in the same venue on the same day.

- Playoffs scheduled for 19th & 26th August.

- First team to score 60 points will win the game with a win-by-four rule and a seven minute half-time taken when a team gets to 30 points.

- There will be four-pointers from three four-point circles beyond the three-point line, players can shoot for four points by touching any part of the circle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/12/ice-cube-3-on-3-basketball-big3-allen-iverson

I bet Antoine Walker would like to get in on this, he would have a field day.

Maybe the greatest basketball quote of all time comes, of course, from Antoine Walker. He was once asked why he shot so many 3s, and he responded "because there are no 4s."

Topic #40668 | Report this topic

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hmm probably like BBL, some will love it and others won't watch. My only concern is how exciting will it be to watch middle-aged ex-athletes shoot jumpers, pretend they are Olajuwon in the post or Magic with no-look passes sprinkled with occasional circus reverse lay-ups? Might get treated to a dunk every now and then I suppose.

Reply #618346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will give it a look, they've got some good names. Iverson would be great in 3 on 3 you would imagine.

Reply #618377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This sounds awesome, I hope it takes off!

Reply #618421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754