Isaac
Years ago

Gleeson reacts to out of bounds call

Can appreciate that Trev was incredulous at what certainly looked like a wrong call by the refs, but I still found this quite amusing and figured it was worth another look.

Video thanks to @ash0:

Sobey looks a bit guilty, but then doesn't react to Wagstaff at all.

Topic #40681 | Report this topic

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Referees robbed us blind.

Reply #619107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much of a flog as Gleeson can be and a bit OTT on some calls, I can understand how frustrating it must be at times with some of the calls this year. Every time there are bad calls and then the absolute shockers, what ever frustration us fans feel it would be 100 times worse for a coach in charge of the team with all these expectations and basically his job and career on the line each time. Can come off as a bit of a flog, but I do kinda get it.

Reply #619113 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Who's got less class - Gleeson or Wagstaff? :P

Reply #619114 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

You're dreaming Bill.
Taipan's once again lost the foul count in a home game(it never ceases).
And as for Martin...He ranks up there with Goodes and Judd as an "Untouchable"!

Reply #619115 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I love Adam Papalia:

"Trevor Gleeson furious with the call. He thought it was a Wildcats ball, his voice going up several octaves as he tries to explain to the ref."

Reply #619116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Who's got less class - Gleeson or Wagstaff? :P"

Sobey.

Reply #619118 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Probably the raging reds fans

Reply #619120 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Isaac you trying to bait Perth fans? :)

Could have been a tech on Wagstaff for pushing Sobey twice.

Perth got the ball straight back. So it had no bearing on the game other than giving Perth fans something to complain about.

There was an out of bounds in the first half Adelaide should have got but was given to Perth.

Reply #619122 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

No tech for Wagstaff or Gleeson - Perth fans are very lucky with their home cooking ;)

Reply #619127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd post a clip of (one of) Joey's temper tantrum during the game but because he stormed off the court and halfway back to the locker-rooms, he is missing from the footage.

Reply #619128 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'd say that's probably a better way of dealing with anger then delving into personal insults at refs.

But maybe some Perth fans think personal insults are acceptable. It's just that, the rest of society doesn't.

Reply #619129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No we don't, dickhead... ;-)

Reply #619130 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Atleast you've got humour!

Reply #619131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is so bad for the league. Great video for a chuckle

Reply #619132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um yeah hi, there was over 13,000 people at the game. He is a dick but lets not Gleeson up the thread with over-reactions of our own.

Reply #619133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wagstaff's first bump looks accidental. He didn't know Sobey was right behind him.

Is there a risk of complaining pervading a team and going beyond just when the refs actually were wrong? The LA Clippers have a bit of a reputation for sulking about calls and many thing it comes down from the coach.

Reply #619134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should Wagstaff have been penalised for pushing Sobey?

If Sobey had reacted in kind, it would've most likely resulted in a scuffle and potentially *both* players could've been penalised

Sobey did nothing, yet Wagstaff got away with two shoves....

Love Gleeson's voice. Just fantastic.

Reply #619136 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

^ me

Reply #619137 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There was a situation earlier in the season where two players were verballing each other a little, one player heeded the refs warning and walked away while the other decided to take one last verbal shot.

The ref then called a tech on both of them.

So it seems to be the method of dealing with conflict even if one is clearly at more fault.

If only one is acting with hostility, the refs tend to say "enough don't get yourself a tech" and that's that - nobody gets a tech.

I guess it's a good way at avoiding player tantrums - if only one gets the tech then things can flare up and impartiality comes into question - players will act like the parents are favouring one over the other.

Reply #619145 | Report this post

Literally sounds overdubbed, this is great!

Reply #619239 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'd post a clip of (one of) Joey's temper tantrum during the game but because he stormed off the court and halfway back to the locker-rooms, he is missing from the footage.

I'd say that's probably a better way of dealing with anger then delving into personal insults at refs.
You mean like the time a call went against Adelaide, and Joey actually ran out to centre court and abused the Ref. Then when he got teched, tried to halt the game by ushering his players off to the dressing room?

Any 6's fan who complains about an opposition coach whinging needs to be placed in a high-security mental hospital.

Reply #619246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or the time Joey ranted on social media, calling everyone cheats, when he didn't actually know the rules. Or the time in October Joey blamed the refs for giving up 120 points to New Zealand. Or the time Joey used "his dad" to publicly criticise the refs. Or the time.... Yeah you get the picture.

Reply #619249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs are so bad this season. Worst ever. Bring back Hollywood. that worked. Bring back Billy, that worked. Bring back Aylen, that worked.

Reply #619251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was another appalling call by the same ref where he overruled a guy in better position who called a travel and this dud ref overruled saying a cat player had fouled him causing him to travel. Awful call

Reply #619266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We get it. All calls that go against Perth are awful calls.

Reply #619270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and Jawai is fouled far more than calls given.

Reply #619290 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog.

Reply #619297 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

ROFLcopter, be nice or Gleeson will use his little girl voice on you!

Reply #619306 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL

That clip is almost as funny as Gleeson's angry voice.

Reply #619314 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

@anon 266, I believe you are referring to the play where the foul occurred before the travel under the basket. If you watch it with your eyes open you will see the ref make the call on the foul before the other ref calls travel. In case you didn't notice the travel only occurred because of the contact.

Reply #619355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754