Isaac
Years ago

Rumour: the 36ers have been sold

Seems that all of this has been kept fairly quiet, but I've heard from a couple of sources that the 36ers have been sold. Been in the works for a bit, but finalised or finalising now, I hear.

Topic #40685 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK buying another team ;)

Reply #619201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

L(a)k(h) buying a team maybe.

Reply #619206 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Would this be good news or bad news?

Reply #619212 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

WOW!! Surely not LK unless the 36ers are in deep trouble with money!!

Would love an individual Adelaide (multi) millionaire with real basketball passion.

Reply #619214 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Wow, I'd have thought the current owners would be looking forward to the finals?!

Reply #619219 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Any ideas on who the new owners are?

Reply #619220 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I heard Asian investors a while back? Not sure if that was based on anything factual.

Reply #619221 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I hope they're not allowing any of the Asian players from Shadong that played the pre season games..

Reply #619235 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

^^^ I'm sure the rules around imports would prevent that from getting out of control.

Reply #619237 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Was in jest, but i hope it is a owner who wants to play with the bigger owners in the league!! They need it.

Reply #619240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMF said. WOW!! Surely not LK unless the 36ers are in deep trouble with money!!
Clueless Dazz said. Wow, I'd have thought the current owners would be looking forward to the finals?!

So do you basketball experts not ever kw how recently the Sixers have been in doo doo?
The 2 Dumbass posts of the year so far.

Reply #619247 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Well the year has only started so it will give time better us!! :)

Reply #619252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U R Up there already.

Reply #619253 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Ah crap. would have been nice to have some stability for once. How long have the current guys had it now, maybe 3 years.

Reply #619254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up Bruce.

Reply #619255 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

They have been on the market since the current owners purchased the team..it was basically to save the team from going under..
But from what i had heard they did have the coin, albeit on a tight budget to keep them going..

Happy to hear an owner who has $$ is coming in...Not so happy if it is LK who has grabbed another team...
He'll be winning a championship no matter which way we look..

Reply #619256 | Report this post

Pauline  
Years ago

@Anonomous, DooDoo. Please explain.

Reply #619257 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

One positive of LK is that he has so much invested in the whole thing now you know he will do whatever he can to make it work. Downside, if he runs out of fund so does the league.

Reply #619260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Current owners selling at the peak.

Reply #619268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top of the ladder, full houses, smart time to get a good offer.

Reply #619269 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Id think the deal would have been progresing for a while. Likely before they went on the streak. Might have been a good buy!

Reply #619272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Didn't Cole post he will be in Adelaide for a couple of upcoming games and he had some very exciting news.. Maybe he had managed to get the funds or a backer...

Reply #619279 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"L(a)k(h) buying a team maybe."

I'm a bit sleep deprived today but I believe Isaac may have been throwing out a cryptic hint there.

Reply #619292 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Or was that just meant to be code for LK?

Reply #619293 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I thought he was too. Just no idea what it is!

Reply #619299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or AH?

Reply #619302 | Report this post

stackhouse  
Years ago

I believe it is some bloke called Mal Hemmerling?

Reply #619303 | Report this post

Lakh is part of the Indian numerical system so maybe they've been bought by Indians? It's a pit the Shahin's aren't Indian or we could have the On The Run 36ers (as opposed to the Got The Runs 36ers that played Melbourne a couple of weeks back).

Reply #619304 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah but then everyone would be paid as trainees and out of a job every couple years

Reply #619308 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Boti on twitter said not sold. I guess that could also be splitting hairs, in the process but not formally done.

Reply #619309 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..many times i often wondered why they weren't friendly to the customers...acting like the biz was sold...notonesinglefuckgiven...

Reply #619341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754