http://wnbl.com.au/wilson-calls-time-on-playing-career-with-uc-capitals/

Reply #619632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marley needs to be on court.

Reply #620046 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lynx stuck with Sydney for most of the game, but it just took a minute or two in the 4th for Sydney to blow it out to 10 and Perth never recovered.

Not sure why Tenaya Phillips didn't play but we really could have used her in the rotation, considering we play again tomorrow.
Usual story in the paint for the Lynx. Hamblin & Mijovic are a really effective combo, but as soon as we go to the bench things go backwards.

Taylor excellent for the Flames .. as usual, and Mitchell was huge when it mattered too.

Reply #620074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Phillips still play ??

Reply #620177 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You mean Erin I assume? She still plays WNBA, but she is playing AFL next month so she's in pre-season training mode with the Crows rather than playing basketball atm.
Very nice piece of news just recently actually - she was recently named co-captain of the team.

Reply #620191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Teneya, she's not been on the roster for some time,

Reply #620197 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh ... d'oh - sorry.
Tenaya played in our previous game (home win over Bendigo). I've seen no mention of why she isn't playing this weekend.
Her long absence this season was due to a "hot spot" in her shin that they were being cautious with.
It is only recently that she returned to action so I guess it might have flared up again.

Reply #620199 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Not surprised with the Boomers/Lynx result - really just happy that they reigned in the margin to 8 points after getting absolutely belted last time they met in Perth. I really hope Britt Smart isn't too badly injured and that she was just kept off as a precaution because they definitely don't need that injury heading into the derby on Wednesday night.

Bendigo are just perplexing right now, they haven't won since the Christmas break, I really thought early in their game against the Caps that they'd get their winl as they flew out of the blocks. You can tell they're very very light on in their point guard spot. I feel like Dietrick is better suited to being a spark player off the bench, but you know what can you do when injuries arise..

Reply #620520 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Boomers competed pretty well I thought, especially considering how much trouble our press gave them. Perth had a good even spread of contributors but didn't put the game away until quite late.

Derby on Wednesday huh. Dandenong really weren't mucking around the other day vs Adelaide. If they come out with that attitude again it could get ugly.

Interesting round of fixturing next week with games on Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun. The Lynx have the doomsday double with games in Adelaide and then Perth!

Reply #620575 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh, and Bendigo ... really unfortunate losing Harrington when they were playing so well. Strange to see the way it has affected them right down the list though. Griffin struggled this weekend and Nayo isn't as dominant either.

Reply #620576 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Yeah very very unfortunate timing for Harrington to get injured, hopefully they can sort out their issues before they get too far behind in the playoff race.

It'll be weird having the games so spread out over the 'weekend'. Though looking at the fixture, there looks to be a couple of really good games ahead that could well go down to the wire, I think all of them bar Adelaide/Perth will be really close. Last time (I don't think they've played since at least) the Boomers played Bendigo they came back from over 15 down at the half to beat them, so hopefully a similarly close finish will come from that game.

Reply #620659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754