Jumpshot
Years ago

36ers v Kings 21/1/17

Kings will be lucky to lose by 20.

Topic #40705 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Kings have gone 1 and 4 in their last 5 games. So much promise at the start of the season and now they have a one way ticket to destination pain.

Sixers on the other hand are like a pack of sharks with blood in the water. It's time for the Wolfman to clean up the blood.

The battle for 3rd and 4th is wide open and has come down to four teams. United, Cats, Kings and Breakers. A loss tonight by the Kings and they need games to go their way and when that happens, you might as well head for the showers.

But that's what it'll be tonight with the Sixers Tsunami crashing down on the Kings.

Sixers by double figures

Reply #619973 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jack I reckon it's actually six teams battling for 2nd, 3d and 4th.

There is only one loss separating Illawarra and Cairns, who play tomorrow in Cairns, and I think it's actually possible (though not probable) that we could have six teams on 12 losses by the end of tomorrow, which would be ridiculous!

Reply #619979 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Paul, yeah. Bullets are the only team you could draw a line through and Sixers are a finals lock in

Reply #619987 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

Is Newley playing?

Reply #619995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless Gaze can pull a rabbit out of his hat kings probably going to lose, no more than 15 I'd reckon. Don't think Gazey likes change to much though so probably same old same old.

Reply #620017 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Kings win..... daylight 2nd.

Reply #620032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless gaze has bled and let the shuffle offense drain out of his system and woking up to realised its 2107 and try something different that suit the players then expect the kings to get smacked by 20!

And on top of that, they still have to defend randle, creek, sobey, Johnson, ferguson, teys in front of a hostile sixers crowd.

Reply #620036 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Kings to be up at the half but lose game by 12+

Reply #620068 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

11+ please 36ers

Reply #620072 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Newley not with the team during warm up.

Also consider yourself warned: Russell and Carfino (w Jenkins) doing the broadcast.

Reply #620073 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings by -15.

Reply #620090 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

With the Bullets' win over United, a Sixers' win will lock in a top 2 finish.

Go 6ers!

Reply #620092 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stream dies, can't wait until Adelaide gets the internet!

Reply #620093 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Blackout! Does that give Sydney the win?

Reply #620094 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

LMAO Zodiac

Reply #620095 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Something has gone wrong with the Live Stats too. It says Sydney are up 15 to 4. That can't be possible.

Reply #620096 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Correct AussiePride, its 15-6

Reply #620097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fucking useless, as soon as I swear it comes back

Reply #620098 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

FMD I have had it with NBL TV.

Reply #620100 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Adelaide can score at this pace for 4 quarters but Sydney can't.

Reply #620101 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Foxtel guys, just sayin', no dramas here...

Reply #620102 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Vintage Cadee contested miss from 30 feet to engineer the opposing team's run that Q.

Reply #620103 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ My thoughts too, AussiePride

Reply #620104 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

@Bear, yes Foxtel would be much better but I'm too cheap to get it lol

Reply #620105 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Foxtel Go is fairly cheap.

Reply #620106 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Foxtel guys, just sayin', no dramas here...

NBL TV = $5 per month

Fox Sports = around $60 per month

NBL TV is almost always perfect for me just the occasional break in stream in Adelaide home games.

Reply #620107 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As frustrating as it is, I have to agree with Zodiac.

Reply #620109 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Hey Luuc,

Carfino agrees!

Reply #620110 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Jason Cadee is the type of player who if he ever hit his straps he could probably take teams apart with his shooting.

Problem is that he rarely does that.

Reply #620111 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tommy killing us on both ends.

Reply #620112 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Which doofus runs NBL TV? For crying out loud......

Reply #620113 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stream been fine for me since early in the 1st

Reply #620114 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Mine died about 5 minutes ago and still isn't back.

Reply #620115 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Randle - Arrogant Dribbling. Gotta Love it!!

Reply #620116 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It'd be handy if the Kings got the same calls around the hoop that the Sixers are.

Reply #620117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking there

Reply #620118 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Has it been Adelaide's defense that has gone up this period, or have the Kings just shot like crap?

Reply #620119 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Mine died about 5 minutes ago and still isn't back.

Just keep refreshing sometimes that knocks it back into shape.

Reply #620120 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings hot start was just a combination of getting out on the break a little and working hard on the offensive glass. That's all gone away, so now we're back to our inept halfcourt offense.

Reply #620122 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I have to say for Gaze, better late than never. Took him this long to realise that he's got bodies sitting on the bench that can force plays and test the refs for fouls.

Kings starting to get suckered taking long range shots again though. Should resist the temptation and turn it into a paint and foul slogfest, use up the bench.

Reply #620123 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Unfortunately SteveK2, that's kinda what happens when you get behind, especially against a good team who you know can hurt you like Adelaide. Teams drop into the habit of jacking up 3's or long range 2's hoping they'll fall rather than drive to the hoop and force things to happen like fouls and free throws.

Reply #620124 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think we should be playing Jackson more, as with Newley out he is the only guy we have who looks to attack the rim.

Reply #620125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch and Cadee missing open threes hast not helped, the shuffle is to stagnant and players looking scared to make miss takes. Rip it and get it to the rack :)

Reply #620126 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Sydney were just 3/16 that period and were 1/6 from outside.

Adelaide on the other hand went 7/14 and 2/5 from outside.

Reply #620127 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Every time Randle gets it inside the arc our entire team sinks inside the arc, no discipline.

Reply #620128 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Jeezus. Cadee could have cut right to the basket for an open layup there, but he's happy camping behind the arc while Lisch battles to find a passing lane.

Reply #620129 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

It's the 6ers time and year! No matter what you do, things are rolling in every way! And a big congratulations on having sold out games!

Great to see the passion back for you supporters, you guys been through shit on and off the court! Well done!

Reply #620133 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

terrible patch there for Garrett Jackson

Reply #620134 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well that blew back out quickly

Reply #620135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone tell Carfino that you only get 1 free throw for technicals now.

Reply #620136 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, that 30 seconds probably sealed our fate.

Reply #620138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee having a shocker, turn overs not hitting passes to open man and his d oh please, and Kendall now playing in Brisbane, and Jackson looking average at best.

Reply #620139 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Moller ... smh ...

Reply #620141 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cadee should have sat down after his first 3 early in the game and never hit the court again. His missed contested 30 footer in the 1st Q was what began the Sixers run, and from that point onwards he's been the basketball equivalent of a dumpster fire.

Reply #620142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic just shakes his head and drimic milks the foul, home cooking down the stretch was woeful.

Reply #620143 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Sydney turnovers:

Cadee - 3
Whittington, Jackson and Hill - 2

Adelaide:
Randle - 2

Reply #620144 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Welp, that should be the season. Need to clear shop next season - keep Lisch & Newley, everyone else expendable.

Reply #620146 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Heh game over for the Kings, no one wants to play defense and rebound. Its going to be a bad perimeter shot galore.

Reply #620149 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I wonder how many times I've seen Garlepp about 2 seconds late closing out on 3pt shooters since he first put on a Kings singlet.

Reply #620150 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Powell is a cancer.
Thinks he's too good for our league - but he ain't.
Worst body language in the league!

Reply #620151 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah if Sydney had a few more players with Lisch's heart and a few less with Powell's they'd be a completely different proposition

Reply #620152 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

IIRC Lisch signed for 3 and Newley for 2? McDowell-White has said that he's thinking of skipping college next year and maybe staying in the NBL so he could be a keeper, plenty of upside. I'd also retain Moller but I pretty much agree with you AngusH, clear the house.

Reply #620153 | Report this post

Lol  
Years ago

Is Matt hodgeson alive still

Reply #620154 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bam! that was tasty

Reply #620155 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yep, McDowell-White would be a no-brainer, hell at this point I'd be starting him over Cadee for the rest of the season.

Reply #620156 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Newley signed for 3 years too.

Reply #620157 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Anyone know the attendance?

Reply #620159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

according to dwayne russell it was a sellout but I expect boti to spot a couple of empty seats on tv and dedicate a blog paragraph to them

Reply #620160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Moller has signed for more than one season, there was speculation before season started he was training with United. McW would be a keeper but coming off the bench they need a quality point guard so not every thing is on Lisch shoulders. Got keep a bit of youth coming in off the bench to help the older guys. Kazzoo back and fit would help as well. Imports have fallen away as season went on and the signing of Jackson is not understandable.
New owners new management same kings.

Reply #620161 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Remember when some were hailing the Kings line up as the best ever in the NBL? Lol. Their coaching and recruitment need to shoulder the blame for this abysmal fall from grace.

Keep Lisch & Newley plus McDowell-White & Moller.
I think Garlepp has really had a dig late in the season too, though has really slow feet and struggles to guard mobile bigs. Hill would be worth keeping too, just hasn't really had an opportunity this season.

Reply #620162 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Just under 8100

Reply #620163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze and JVG should have made the call a few weeks ago to sack powell and replace him when it was discussed before the deadline passed to possibly sure up enough wins to make the finals.

Reply #620164 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Garlepp is too one-dimensional and very poor rebounder. For someone with his size and length, its a shame that he shuns physical contact. Sure there were a couple of games where he must have taken some funny pills before hitting the court and played great defense, ripping down boards, but mostly he plays like tonight. 28 mins playing as a starting PF and only pulled down 3 defensive rebounds. Wouldn't keep him for his occasional offense off the bench, if he's a guard maybe but too much liability as a forward.

Reply #620166 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wonder if that's actually true the Sixers are looking to play home playoff games at a larger venue like the Entertainment Centre?

Reply #620167 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The Adelaide Entertainment Centre has 10,500 permanent seats compared to Titanium's 8,000.

I guess with extra floor seating they could squeeze in 500 or so more seats at the ends (AEC), but with the permanent seating there, the front row basically at floor level.

Reply #620169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee in news conference again, not the captain, said he had to to shoot more, he Whittington, Jackson had some poor turn overs. I thought it was a improved performance from the kings but Adelaide to good.

Reply #620171 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Attendance was 8,096. That's the second time we've broken 8k this year to a home game (8,104 saw us beat Illawarra a couple of weeks ago).

Reply #620172 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Hmmmmmm and on the other side, Brisbane beat Melbourne 88-71.......

Reply #620173 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yeah with that Bullets win and the sacking of Beal, the signing of Kendle now makes perfect sense! Smart bloke that Boomers coach fella. :)

Reply #620180 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

have never seen a Sydney bench so uninterested in what their team on the floor is doing as this lot from the time that 36ers caught up from the end of the 2nd Q.

In the last Q, the game was still there to be won and I don't think i saw anyone on the sideline other than Gaze off their chair the whole Q. Absolutely Zero peer encouragement.

They are certainly not a playing group that are playing for each other, it seemed all "Me, Me, me". like having 4 D Keogh's on the floor.

Reply #620181 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I believe tonight's win locks in a top two finish for the Sixers and top spot if Illawarra lose tomorrow.

Reply #620183 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

That effort midway through the last when Creek put up two shots that missed, grabbed the rebound both times and finally got the points with his 3rd shot.....that said a lot about the Kings at that point. Outsized by his two Kings opponents, but Creek wanted it more.

Reply #620184 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Big Ads, Adelaide has locked up top spot.

Reply #620185 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Not if the Sixers lose all of their remaining (four) games and Illawarra don't drop any of their last five.

I accept the odds are in favour of the Sixers but it is still possible for the Hawks to finish top.

Reply #620186 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No, four losses to the Sixers and five wins to Illawarra would see the Hawks on top. Very unlikely however.

Reply #620187 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Illawarra can still tie Adelaide on wins and currently lead the season series.

Reply #620188 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yet another really impressive team performance by Adelaide. They rarely drop their heads or play selfishly. It's a bit bizarre how fancied teams are stumbling around them while they march onwards.

A lot has been said about Randle (deserved MVP) and Sobey (runaway MIP) but Creek and Johnson have been excellent as well. Creek has become that versatile beast everyone hoped, and Johnson has ironed out some wrinkles in his game.

Reply #620192 | Report this post

Good game, more dodgy officiating. Going both ways, i was confused and the players looked it too. Kevin Lisch impresses me again, just having a terrible run of form but goes about his business in a professional manner even when the tides going against him. Hope for the sake of the Kings competitiveness he turns it around soon.

Reply #620195 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Kings got handled by Randle. Wish we got an import PG when we could have had Ware, Cotton, Dillard. Been saying this 9 weeks ago. Teams are still making changes to roster 1 week ago. Kings too afraid to make tough decisions. Hope coaches and management have the balls to make the tough calls next year.

Reply #620196 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

A lot has been said about Randle (deserved MVP) and Sobey (runaway MIP) but Creek and Johnson have been excellent as well.
I made the comment on Twitter Thursday night that Creek could be in with a decent shot at Sixth Man as well.

Reply #620198 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good point Kobes, although Rotnei Clarke will give him a run for his money for that one.

Reply #620201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If Clarke qualifies, he'd be a strong chance.

Reply #620202 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Drmic had a VERY good game. If he develops into next season like some of the other players have ( Sobey and Hodgeson are obvious) - but I'm really looking at creek and DJ, who were present without great improvement during the previous reign of Australia's best male player development coach, then I'll have to say that joey can develop players as well as coach stacked teams.

I never saw any sign of that when he was at gold coast, and perhaps he has just had to become that because of the financial weakness of Adelaide, but still, credit to him.

even jakobsen seem to have developed - but they may just be a case of first pro stint requiring that. Teys has probably peaked for the moment.

Coaches can develop as well.

Reply #620205 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Jacobsen ^

Reply #620206 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There's a point: Drmic is probably the best of this year's rookie class, too.

Adelaide could sweep the awards night.

Reply #620211 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I like Lisch but F me, he is a protected species...or maybe it was just that 1 ref?!

Reply #620213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fan here - but I love watching this Adelaide team play. Their offence is so free flowing, such a breath of fresh air compared to the Wildcats flex.

Reply #620217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic couldn't make a basket and played poorly early on, again the coach needs a lot credit for turning his season around as with the whole club.

Reply #620224 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

I very rarely have problems with NBLTV, streaming fine for the games on my iPad. Don't think NBLTV is the problem but somewhere else.

Reply #620225 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Creek is a bulldozer. Jacobsen was great last night. As I've posted before, sets great screens for Randle, Sobey and loves a scrap. The versatility of having either Randle or Sobey handle the ball is such a strength. If you watch Drmic when he is on, when Adelaide have the ball he cuts and creates space and movement, rebounds well for his size and defends well.

Reply #620230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings played much better and kept the 36ers to under 90, take away the last few minutes of the third quarter and this game would've had a great finish. Hill , Jackson and garlepp with bad passes offensive fouls killed them.
The shot of the coaches bench towards end game said it all, not very happy campers. Gaze has been good for Sydney, certainly as the face of the team, but some of his coaching decisions including the shuffle have not worked. Lose to Brisbane next week and could get the spoon after all those dollars spent.

If the four biggest spenders are Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane it doesn't make for instant success.

Reply #620232 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

@anon232 if you took out the first couple mins of the game the sixers would have won by 25+
Kings did well to stay in it, but pressure from sixers too much. When sixers scored the kings have no intent to get the ball back in play allowing sixers to get full court defense set. They nearly got a couple of steals in back court which would have led to easy buckets.

Reply #620249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you take the last couple minutes out third probably could had a great finish. Kings did start well but they managed to keep Sixers under 90.

Reply #620257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754