Anonymous
Years ago

Bullets vs Kings, Jan 27

Previous meetings this season

R6 Bullets 86 to kings 73
R4 Kings 87 to Bullets 79
R1 Kings 73 to Bullets 77

Bullets lead series 2-1 with a 8 point lead.

Topic #40742 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If the Kings can't get this, they need to take a serious look in the mirror!

Reply #621118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Battle for the spoon or perhaps a semifinal spot, who knows which Sydney or Brisbane turn up. Probably Brisbane at home and lemanis being the more experienced coach. Let's hope it's a good game. :)

Reply #621123 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Hoping for a close one.

Prediction...Kings just.

Reply #621139 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I dont expect the Kings to pick up the W.

Reply #621140 | Report this post

lawsy  
Years ago

Another great game from Cadee .. input sarcasm

Reply #621147 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

They should be interviewing Moller. Aside from him and Mcdowell-White that was a dreadful Q.

Reply #621149 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

What does Cadee bring?

Reply #621150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane are the new crocs. No talent left but compete.

Reply #621151 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

So much home cooking here.

Reply #621153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee shooting at 14%, Garlepp 30%, Powell 18%.....

Reply #621154 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Wow. That ref who fouled and teched Craig needs to be delisted.

What a fuckstick.

Reply #621155 | Report this post

jimjim  
Years ago

Is that the worst reffing of the season?

Reply #621156 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

It would surely be up there! That umpire has absolutely no idea.

Reply #621158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Moller played in the second half, what's wrong with the coaches.

Reply #621165 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Kenyon was fouled out after Lisch initiated contact and then threw back his shoulders to suck in the refs.
What muppets if they're still being sucked in by that trick this late in the season! He's been getting away with it for so long. Smh

Reply #621166 | Report this post

Tough Luck  
Years ago

Tough Luck, Bullets. The officials are going out of their way to ensure the Kings have every chance at the finals.

Reply #621167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets win the series

Reply #621168 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That was a real shitty call against Craig, but I'd hardly say the refs have been willing the Kings towards anything close to 'W's this season.

Glad to get the win, but that was hardly inspiring.

Reply #621169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings move from 7th to 3rd.

Reply #621170 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Tough calls on Craig.
Even tougher call on Kenyon.
Matt Beattie (ref) burnt the bullets!

Reply #621172 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Gutsy stuff from both teams though...
Great to see Kendle start to assert himself & great to see Moller start to show off his offensive skill set.

Both those two CARVE UP the SEABL!

Reply #621173 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

And the Kings may have won, but what was the obsession with playing Jackson so much?

For the Bullets, I thought (think) Young deserves/has earned more minutes.

?

Reply #621174 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

Young was fouled out on a terrible call by Beattie.

Reply #621175 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Gaze thought that Jackson was the only guy who could guard Craig when Whittington is not on the court, but I think Moller should've been on the court more instead that 2nd half. The foul on the Craig 3 was bad, but you have to let young guys play through mistakes or else they never learn.

Reply #621176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knows what the obsession playing Jackson, he falls about a lot, Powel was ordinary again, Caddee not my favourite certainly on the defensive end.

Lisch back to some sort form, Moller looked great, not enough time. Hill a good few minutes MDW a reasonable few minutes. Tommy knows how to get it done, Whittington was better but got stop reaching on defence. Thought Maric was good and needed more time.

Kings lucky to get the win, but they all count.

Reply #621177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ugly game embarrassing reffing and just shows neither of these rams will be winning it all. It's all fallen apart for the kings, I was so fearful of them early on but my goodness they have closed up shop. No guarantee poor Newley won't re injure that hammy come playoff time too.

Reply #621180 | Report this post

Caps Fan  
Years ago

Ref a Repeat Offender ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/no-nbl-referee-accountability-a-huge-issue-says-former-officials-chief-mal-cooper/news-story/8cb811b9ce293e4a3b4b12a58d49f297

Reply #621182 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

A win's a win, and teams will take every one they can get, but Sydney should be really worried by that.

Brisbane are buggered by injuries, and Lemanis has already signalled he's looking to next season. Sydney barely escape with a win, with Lisch doing his best to carry the team as usual.

Sydney are actually very well placed. That takes them to 12 wins, they already have the splits over Cairns and Hawks. They SHOULD advance to 13 wins, and take out the split against NZ on Sunday. That's possibly enough to make the finals. If they can hold out MU at home next week, they'll have the split on everyone but Perth and could pinch 2nd.
As I have mentioned elsewhere, losing all 4 games to Adelaide, means they are better position than their 12 wins might indicate.

But gees, they'd want to improve on what they offered tonight.

Reply #621184 | Report this post

The officials are going out of their way to ensure the Kings have every chance at the finals.

You obviously haven't been watching a lot of Kings home games this season especially...

I'd like to know what Craig said as Kickert does a whole lot more whinging at refs nearly every single call against him than Craig did...

Reply #621185 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Some good stats from the NBL site's match report.

"The men from the Harbour City shot 40 per cent from downtown, almost equalling their season best of 41.2 per cent against the Hawks in October. In fact, not since November has Sydney shot 35 per cent or better from the land of plenty."

Pretty evident where the Kings lack isn't it!

Reply #621189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what's the answer Caps fan. Drop the refs and promote a less competent ref?

Reply #621199 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

If you listen to the audio Craig was told enough by the ref. He then went on with it which is why he got teched.

Reply #621200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754