Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats vs United 28th Jan

Previous Meetings this Season

R10; Wildcats 92 to United 89
R3; United 69 to Wildcats 72

Wildcats lead Series 2-0 with a 6 point differential

1 more meeting after this at Hisense Arena in the last game before finals.

Topic #40745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this one is in Perth then cats. United don't look interested and don't travel all that wel either. Plus cats get alllllll 50/50 calls at home.

Reply #621161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and all the 30/70 calls too!

Reply #621163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And as the calls come the United guys will get frustrated. Goulding and ware very quickly drop their heads. I hope with all I've got the united guys beat Perth. I hate Perth and I hate their fan base and the ones on here besides a few pretty decent logical types train and luuuc. But can't see cats losing this one.

Reply #621164 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Years ago

Bitter Anonytrolls:

We love that you hate us and are jealous of our success.

PS ROFLcopter is a flog.

Reply #621171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's the perfect relationship. I'm not bitter I love to hate the cats, and their oddball fan base. The nbl would be lost without them to loathe. I love 2 things in the nbl, adelaide winning and Perth losing. I'm enjoying this fall from grace Gleason has implemented.

Reply #621179 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Andersen went down early in our last clash, now their is talk of him suiting up for this one!

Is there anyone else still out for MU?
(apart from the imports they've replaced.)

I think Perth have both the D and the firepower to win this, but I have always maintained that if MU could get all their guys healthy and gelling, they can still be a force.

Goulding for me is often the game-changer. He runs extremely hot & cold. If he could stay hot long enough, he can contribute a match winning score.

As always, the matchups inside will be interesting. IF MU start Andersen & Majok, and Perth Knight & McKay, it will be interesting to see who goes to whom. I think its an pretty even match-up, but McKay still has the potential to explode. Of course Brandt has been in great form off the bench, so it will be interesting to see how he's used.

Ultimately, I expect Prather will be the difference. Last time we met he scored 39 points, 11 boards, and 5 assists. MU just don't have anyone who can go with him.
Of course he also fouled out, and getting into foul-trouble early has been an issue.

Reply #621181 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

People whine about Perth fans but they themselves can't help mentioning how much they hate them in every post with no provocation. You just sound sad and bitter.

On the game I think the cats should have it. Cotton saw what he can do when he is forced to take over a game like in that final quarter against nz (17point quarter). Prather will be out to bounce back. If the defense can get in Wares and Gouldings face and prevents a 3point barrage cats should have it. If it becomes a 3 point shootout the cats will be down and out.

Reply #621187 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"I'm enjoying this fall from grace Gleason has implemented."

Hallelujah brother, testify.

Reply #621188 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Last time Casper Ware came to the jungle he lift with 38 points next to his name.
This time around he'll have Damian Martin to contend with, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing what difference that makes. (A significant one, I'm guessing)

Reply #621190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth continue their horrid shooting then United are a chance but if Cotton comes out with an all out attack mode attitude like in the last quarter in NZ then perth by a lot.

Reply #621191 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not just martin, but Cotton.
The Trio of Martin, Cotton, and Kenny is a much better defensive unit than Kenny, Wroe, and Bragg.

Reply #621192 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Tomorrow is a special day. The Chinese consider this the first day of the year.

Happy Chinese New Year. Will the Cats win on this day? All My Chinese friends have bets that the Cats will.

Reply #621193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United are always a risk, when hot they play a brand of basketball that is reckless and deadly, when cold, we'll it's deadly, for them...

As mentioned Martin vs ware will be interesting, who stops Cotton? If they have to switch a taller wing to him then prather has a mismatch.

Hopefully although I know unlikely the refs just call the obvious ones and let them play, however I have no doubt they will assert themselves at various points throughout the game to both teams favour.

Ware seems to draw a lot of fouls when he initiates the contact, be interesting if he gets damo in foul trouble esp after he copped a few soft ones last game

Reply #621194 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes, it's the year of the cock, so expect Gleeson to be even more animated than usual, and possibly some special performances by Redhage & Goulding as well.

Reply #621195 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

As a United fan I dread the trip to Perth. A long way to travel for an L.

Would be surprised if Melbourne take it away. Melbourne also don't go deep on the bench and rely too heavily on a shallow group. Likely will see a couple DNPs or very limited minutes for Odigie, Smith-Milner, Adnam, and just grind the rest in to the ground.

Reply #621197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam in an NBL side shows you how desperate Melb Untied are to fill their roster.

Reply #621201 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'd rather see Perth win than Melbourne.

I'd take the final four as they are now, although i'd prefer Sydney 4th, or NZ out with Cairns in. I suppose that's an anti-competitive thought. With that said, anyone in this league can compete.

Reply #621202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuuc love that year of the cock line! Well played sir.

Reply #621204 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog.

United are horrid on the road and always lose to Perth.
Cats will win.

Reply #621206 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I wish I had the confidence to say Perth will win this game but even with Cotton and Martin back in the lineup there's a good chance will shoot 2/30 from behind the arc and lose the game. Cats haven't been the force at home that they have been in previous years but you would think if they could hit some 3's and limit either Goulding or Ware than they should get up.

Reply #621208 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"Yes, it's the year of the cock, so expect Gleeson to be even more animated than usual"

Hahahaha well played Luuuc.

Reply #621209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Adnam in an NBL side shows you how desperate Melb Untied are to fill their roster."

I'd rather him over Wroe lol

Reply #621211 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"year of the cock", well played.

What are the chances the refs get handed some little red envelopes before this match. Strictly cultural, obviously.

Reply #621215 | Report this post

JasonC  
Years ago

"I'm enjoying this fall from grace Gleason has implemented."

mmm.. If it's one thing non Perth fans haven't learnt yet, is that it's not over until the Trophy is hoisted.

I've been following this team for 33 years, and time and time again I see people write them off because they are playing like shit (which, incidentally they are right now). Yet time and time again I see them peak at the right end of the season while other teams (ala Adelaide this year and Melbourne last year) peak early and fall in a heap the moment the pressure is really on (yes, I'm aware that this may not eventuate for Adelaide yet - and good luck to them - unfortunately I live there now *sigh*).

I quietly watch these forums and am constantly amused by the obvious trolling of Perth fans. I'm even more amused by those that bite.

It's sometimes hard to tell which are trolls and which aren't - so kudos for that - so in the hope that I chose to respond to one that wasn't intended that way, I will revisit the above sentiments at the end of the season. Exactly the way I did when I was picked out by a Melbourne fan on twitter last year as a target of his attempted trolling while Melbourne was smashing everyone.

In his defense, he was gracious in defeat by the end of the season.

Just to finish off, this goes out to all the trolls on here (keep it up by the way, it's fun to watch) - as a Wildcats fan for as long as I have been, it's gives me such an immense feeling of pleasure knowing that after all these years, we still do it bigger and better than the rest of you, because it's not always about the results.
I'd hate to be in your shoes.

JasonC.

Reply #621219 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Going to be interesting watching Ware. When he last played Sixers he dropped his chin when they guarded him super tight. If Martin took note of that then Ware is going to hate it. He doesn't like the close attention and looks to the refs to give him a call and bail him out.

Reply #621220 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't get it.
People hate it when Perth wins "another" championship,
they accuse Perth fans of being arrogant,
but as soon as it looks like Perth aren't favourite to finish first and win the lot, they start sprouting crap about falling from Grace.

Reply #621221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While I find a lot of the Perth hate and anti-Perth attitude some have on here amusing, a lot of it is starting to get quite annoying tbh. Threads just keep getting filled with hypocritical clear anti-Perth comments, if it was another team in Perths situations people wouldn't hate on them as much.

Perth win = "they only won because of the refs helping them"
Perth lose = "haha suck it Perth, stop whinging about the bad calls you got"

Perth win = "stop being so arrogant Perth fans"
Perth lose = "haha nothing makes me happier then when Perth lose"

Bad call goes Perths way: "The refs look after the cats all the time, so much home cooking"
Bad call goes against Perth: Either silence and ignoring the bad call or "stop complaining Perth fans"

Perth win a close game off bad last minute calls: "Perth only won that because of the refs this game"
Perth lose a close game on bad last minute calls: "Stop complaining Perth, you shouldn't have been in a losing position in the first place its your teams fault don't blame the refs"

Reply #621224 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well said, JasonC (someone who has always been good value on basketball boards going back many years)
If posters want to stop being trolled so hard then perhaps some of them should stop getting sucked into it so easily. Reacting embarrassingly is a sure-fire way to cop it even more next time.

Villains and drama are good for sport. If that is largely Perth for now then so be it.

Reply #621226 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

No matter what happens, every one hates Perth because of there success, plain and simple. You going to find something to make you feel better when you are a key board warrior!

As a member and supporter, can never fault what they do to make sure they are in with a chance to win a championship every season.

Streak might end but the Red army will stand together! Just appreciate what they have any will continue to do.

I'm just pissed, this year they haven't played near what they can and with the treatment of jj and no proper replacement for damo, knowing he will be out for a extended period of time.

Reply #621227 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

"Adnam in an NBL side shows you how desperate Melb Untied are to fill their roster.'

Would rather Adnam over Tomlinson in any game or situation of the season.

Reply #621240 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The battle of the two most hated clubs.

Looking unlikely that they'll both make top 4 given they play twice more. Still possible though.

Let the games begin.

Reply #621261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam at Seabl level can shoot a 3 undoubtedly. At that level he can't play any D,. NBL level no way. Tomlinson has always been a floor general. PLays hard nosed D runs the floor like most PG's don't in the NBL and is a great role player off the bench. Adnam will never see a NBL contract again. Another reason why DD will be gone.

Reply #621268 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

DD doing his best to get Cats into the lead, with 37 subs in the first quarter.

In spite of him, United doing well.

Reply #621271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth have never heard of boxing out

Reply #621272 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

yeah , david barlow pretty good ... subbed out . of course...

(serena wearing no.23 jordan nikes)

Reply #621276 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Perth getting all the loose ball and 50/50 calls here

Reply #621277 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Guess it was United who slipped the refs the little red envelope. Abysmal officiating.

Reply #621280 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Terrible call against Casper Ware

Reply #621287 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

That was rubbish by Martin. I really don't like saying this but Heal is spot on.

Reply #621288 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Martin flattens Ware, who needs to go off and get treatment, and they call the foul on Casper.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Perth Reffing a parody

Reply #621289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Cotton playing for United?

Reply #621291 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Hey a flop warning. Make up call?

Reply #621292 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The NBL will be better off without Redhage next year.

Reply #621294 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

United made the mistake by taking the lead early. Big No no in Perth Arena.
Naughty boys.

Reply #621295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt = Gumby man. Throws a brick and some how the ball ends up in his hands and he scores a 2. hero. No retard.

Reply #621297 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Love United but they're an absolute mess out there.

If this game is a loss for United you could safely bet DD isn't back next season. Unfortunately I can't see Ware resigning. Tomlinson needs to go.

Reply #621298 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That game turned when Casper went off

Hopefully he can return and give Golden boy Martin his comeuppance in the second half.

Reply #621299 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Cottons fitting in nicely now as a wildcat. Lost his shooting action and can barely hit iron. Not sure how they are gonna win this without any decent shooters out there.

Reply #621301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see Ware stay in this league. Doubt it would be with Melbourne though

Reply #621302 | Report this post

je  
Years ago

I almost didn't recognise Melbourne at the beginning of this game, the way they were moving the ball quickly and executing with purpose ... but then Wesley was subbed in the offence stagnated.

I'd like to see some advanced stats on Wesley post-ups. It seems pretty inefficient and easy to defend, but DD persists with it.

Reply #621303 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Refs encourage players to dart infront for the charge, that's the way they called it. Of that's dirty why aren't we mentioNing the screens wesley sets sideways with the point of his shoulder. Hating on Damo in his 250th seems almost unaustralian...

Reply #621306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half a qtr and only 1 point - 0 field goals. hmmmm

Reply #621311 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

That's just rubbish from the cats.

Reply #621312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 open layups in a row missed now as well

Reply #621313 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

My god. These charge calls. Ironic that Goulding was on the wrong side of a flop..

Reply #621314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love Goulding getting a taste of his own medicine lol

Reply #621315 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Not sure if it's the teams, the coaches, the players or the refs. But the combination of the above is producing some of the ugliest basketball I've ever seen. So much so I'd rather look at my keyboard.

Reply #621316 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Hammer being savage on the refs and rightly so. The "oh my" count is right up there.

Reply #621317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a terrible, terrible call. Standard home cooking for Wagstaff there.

Reply #621318 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

DD calls united to foul not realising they are in the bonus. Comical

Reply #621319 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

Melbournes handling themselves better this game though with the '50/50' calls.

Reply #621320 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Great. Gleeson brings on kernich-drew for 3 seconds

Reply #621321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic coach is DD lol

Reply #621322 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

And as usual things are cookin' Perth!

Reply #621326 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Some awful offender on both ends of the court in this game. Perth's spacing is atrocious.
Absolute howler of a call against Goulding against Wagstaff to end the third.

Reply #621327 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lasan Kromah must be shit

Reply #621328 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Remember when Matt Knight used to actually look like a professional basketball player and not a hobo picked off the street to fill a roster spot.

What a spud he is now.

Reply #621329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The one time Redhage doesn't flop and the foul is called on him. He should of flopped lol

Reply #621330 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Gleeson's voice hit the high note for a sec there, so its true it didn't hit the ring! :)

Reply #621331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like each team is trying to loose

Reply #621332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather, Choke.

Reply #621333 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Why no flop on Martin? Oh, I forgot, it's Martin.

Reply #621334 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

wtf is redhage out there? While Brandt sits on the pine

Reply #621335 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

Why arent United spreading out the floor and letting Ware and Boone high pick and roll from the middle... I hate it when we want to just hit highlight 3's.

Reply #621336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious talk though, what happened to Knight

Reply #621338 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

How are Perfect still in this game?

Reply #621339 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Like two pub fighters going at, this is unedifying.

Reply #621340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth stumbled into a win

Reply #621341 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

And that's why Boone is terrible at scoring.

Reply #621342 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Dodged a bullet there, jeez.

Reply #621343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame.

Reply #621344 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Htf did the cats win that? Prather and knight are just a shell of their former selves. Devoid of any confidence

Reply #621345 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Melbourne really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with that garbage couple of minutes to finish the game. The way Perth played that game, Melbourne should've won by 10.

Reply #621346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chump Prather on the line to secure the game comes up empty.
Dazz should run a commentary like he did about the the Kings scraping home and being so concerned about that. Yet he wont do that about the Cats will he.
Oh that's right. No one cares about Dazz nor what he posts.

Reply #621347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard whispers that Knight will call it quits at seasons end. His shoulder is in continues pain and for his long term health he might call it a day.

Reply #621348 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

^Perth

Reply #621349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see Knight calling it quits and Perth possibly getting in Motum.

Reply #621350 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Unedifying indeed

Reply #621353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great 3/4 time score line. Painful brand of basketball Perth play win or not. Dazz you concerned? You probably should be, that lack of go to scoring won't win titles. Few threads need to made to address this!!!

Reply #621354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive win by Perth. They could be back

Reply #621358 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

DD calls united to foul not realising they are in the bonus. Comical
Was that on him?
I thought Goulding had just lost the plot.

I said before the game that Perth had both the D, and the firepower to win. I got it half right.

And yes, I'm concerned. Just when you think things are looking up, Perth's offence turns to shit again.

Melbourne are just too reliant on Ware, and when he went down, that probably cost them the game.

Knight is either playing injured or is just knackered. Either way, why not give more time to Brandt who is in great form. Why does Gleeson insist on giving McKay the biggest defensive match-ups? Then making Knight take guys that are just too quick for him? Does he think McKay is just Jawai with a wig???
And WHY, when frees are being shot, does he not put out guys who might actually rebound.

Reply #621361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz as ROFLcopter says Gleeson is a flog who got lucky playing Redhage in the 4th qtr. DKD plays a couple of seconds the whole game what a joke surely when they were struggling to score in the 3rd he should have been given a go.

Reply #621365 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

How injured is Casey Prather?

Reply #621366 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

DKD subs in with 3.9 sec left in the quarter. Subs out with 2.3 secs left in the quarter. I had to laugh at that. Poor guy.

Matt Knight ... yikes. I get that the shoulder might be hurting pretty bad but it's more than just that going wrong for him at the moment.
Prather clearly needs a couple of weeks rest but I guess we just can't afford to give it to him. And to make things worse we conclude the season with 2 Fri-Sun doubles, so if we do happen to end up in the 4 we're just there for the streak and not to challenge for the title.

Reply #621367 | Report this post

RedArmy  
Years ago

Glad we got the win, but there are so many concerns. Matty Knight looks done. He was slow running up and down the court, slow with his hands, allowed Melb to get too many offensive rebounds. I couldn't believe Gleeson didn't go with Brandt in the last few mins.
Several times Melb guards would turn the corner and drive to the basket and be surprised to be gifted open lay ups and reverse lay ups, rather than have another defender come in to try and block the shot.
Prather is either injured or severely lacking confidence, or both. When fit and at his best he dunks on players and is difficult to stop with his euro-step. Missing those two foul attempts almost cost the club its season.
Jesse has also been very average this season. I reckon the Cats will make quite a few changes next season.
Well done to Redhage for winning us the game. He should have retired last season but tonight he did well when the game was on the line.
Finally, why doesn't Gleeson give Dexter KD more time? He can shoot the 3 and has a lot of potential.

Reply #621368 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Brandt is great value at one end of the court. He got destroyed at the other end though, which I assume is why his minutes were limited.

Reply #621369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prathers leg issues starting to have a noticeable effect. He's been playing on one leg all season.

Reply #621370 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't know. Our defence clearly broke down, I don't that you can pin that on Brandt. There were times when Knight was completely uninvolved at both ends, really struggling to get up and down the court.
And when trying to rebound, just had no elevation.
I assume that's the Hip Injury playing up.

This is going to be a nervous couple of weeks for Cats fans.
I think if we lose in Cairns next Sunday by more than 14 points, we're toast. Even just losing may be bad enough. I don't want to be relying on Adelaide winning to hold out Cairns.

Reply #621375 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Yes Adelaide have the minor premiership sewn up so its the best time to be playing them and Cairns are in good form. I cant see the cats making the four this year. Knight, prather and McKay look as though they are playing injured.
Cotton isn't the consistent perimeter shooter that i thought he would be and it needed some big shots from martin, hire and redhage to secure a victory tonight. It cant be expected that they will do that too often.
And Gleesons subs are a huge source of frustration for me. Especially when the cats' offense is really struggling kernich-drew could really help spread the floor. He showed what he can do when he got more minutes after JJ had been released and Cotton hadn't come into the side yet. The only thing i can think of is he lacks defensive capabilities which gleeson wants him to improve on. Same with why he plays knight ahead of brandt even though his form doesn't warrant it.

Reply #621397 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

That would be 3 of the worst calls I have ever seen against United. And I am not a United fan.
The Ware Martin charge under the hoop was a block. The Wagstaff elbow to Ware was Wagstaff's offensive foul and the Wagstaff slide into Goulding was a block. I don't think those were even close they were obvious to me. That was a shame because that was a Grand Final atmosphere with every possession counting, both teams D'ing it up and United while they had there chances probably getting the raw end of the calls.

Reply #621404 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sadly, over the last month or so, we've gone back to the old NBL style of any time a defender falls backwards with gusto it's a charge.

No point getting upset about it, no matter how annoying it is.

Reply #621430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

& the bitching about the Cats continues.....
seriously every week can't be that's the worse call I've ever seen?

Remember every block/charge but forget the missed shot clock and the massive head throws by Goulding/Ware.

Haters gonna hate- winners gonna win.

Reply #621441 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Haha, don't you remember last year, when we thumped NZ by 23 points and it was all the refs fault.
It is getting beyond a joke. 6's have won the minor premiership, and should be favourites for the ring, and still all their fans care about is Perth.
They NEED to have an Adelaide v Perth GF, as it will be the only way they can enjoy the win.

Reply #621470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I missed most of the first half last night because of the scorchers. Noticed Goulding getting booed a lot, anything in particular he did to annoy the crowd in the first half?

Reply #621471 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Found it amazing the Gleeson went with Knight and McKay to start the game against Barlow and Majok, even moreso when Knight matched up on Barlow.

They were outscored 13-7 in the first half of the opening quarter until Barlow subbed out, then Gleeson went back to it after half-time and they were outscored 8-1 until Barlow subbed out.

If Knight was in top form you could back him to exploit that mismatch at the offensive end but he's struggling badly.

Thought it was pretty obvious to start Wagstaff but Gleeson almost cost his team the game by not seeing it. They won the other 30 minutes 65-50.

Reply #621487 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I missed most of the first half last night because of the scorchers. Noticed Goulding getting booed a lot, anything in particular he did to annoy the crowd in the first half?
Gotta admit, I did not understand that at all.
He was getting some boos right from the start.
Then there was a clumsy foul on Cotton with 3 second on the clock that sent Cotton to the line because it put us into the bonus.
But the biggest furore seemed to come when Damo whacked him in the face and gave away a foul.

Reply #621489 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Found it amazing the Gleeson went with Knight and McKay to start the game against Barlow and Majok, even moreso when Knight matched up on Barlow.
Yeah, his match-ups for Knight & McKay often puzzle me.

Firstly, we know that McKay needs to get going early, and get his confidence up. Yet Gleeson insists on sending him to the biggest guy on the court, where he gets pummelled on D, gets frustrated and loses concentration.

Then yeah, Matty is obviously hampered (presumably his hip injury) and whilst he can still put his body on the line, he's just not quick enough to contain someone like Barlow.

Of the guys who were out there, surely it made sense to swap the defensive assignments?

Or as you say, given the depth we have at the 4 spot, start or sub Wagstaff.

Reply #621503 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Goulding was getting booed when the Martin foul was played on the big screen as it looked like Goulding went the old head flick. TBH I couldn't tell if there was contact or not but then my seats are about 5rows from the back.

Reply #621518 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

"That would be 3 of the worst calls I have ever seen against United. And I am not a United fan.
The Ware Martin charge under the hoop was a block. The Wagstaff elbow to Ware was Wagstaff's offensive foul and the Wagstaff slide into Goulding was a block. I don't think those were even close they were obvious to me. That was a shame because that was a Grand Final atmosphere with every possession counting, both teams D'ing it up and United while they had there chances probably getting the raw end of the calls."

Get over it thats the way they want to call it. Ware flails and draws far to many rubbish calls.

How about redhage getting called for the only legal screen he has set in his career because Ware carries on like there was a sniper in the crowd? Have you seen Wesley set a screen? he lines people up with the point of his shoulder and gets away with it.

As discussed int he charge thread, any time a player establishes legal position before the offence it can be a charge, the rules do not say time needs to be a factor, thus all the charges for players flinging themselves infront of an offensive player and getting the call. I don't think that is defence but stop hating players for adjusting to the crap that is getting called.

Reply #621577 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

How about redhage getting called for the only legal screen he has set in his career because Ware carries on like there was a sniper in the crowd? Have you seen Wesley set a screen? he lines people up with the point of his shoulder and gets away with it.
If its the one I'm thinking off, the problem was that Redhage had his legs spread and pushed out his knee.

As for Wesley, he used to be a good strong player, not sure why he has to resort to thuggery. At least he got pinged on one of them.

Reply #621688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754