Billy Tong
Years ago

Who will make the NBL playoffs?

I want predictions for who gonna make the playoffs?

Adelaide are in already but who gonna make the other 3 spots?

Hawks
Kings
Taipans

Topic #40780 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks (if they win tonight)
Kings (Based on splits)
Wildcats (Based on splits

Reply #622148 | Report this post

Cat Mario  
Years ago

No love for the Taipans?

Reply #622151 | Report this post

Dazzamaniac  
Years ago

I think the ADELAIDE 36ers will MAKE the playoffs.

Reply #622152 | Report this post

Cat Mario  
Years ago

Dazza you must be some kind of soothesayer my good friend

Who is your team bro?

Reply #622153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers
Hawks
Kings
Perth

In no particular order (except Adelaide of course)

Reply #622157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No love for the Taipans?"

Its not a lack of love for the Taipans. Its that they don't have the series splits against the teams they are most likely going to be tied with at the end of the season.

Reply #622160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Realistically I still think there is a solid chance Cairns go 1-3 or even 0-4 from here. They'll be playing against 3 teams very capable of winning each game against them. If they finish these next 4 games with a losing record, I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply #622162 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Yet if CNS goes 2-2 they'll make the playoffs and if they go 3-4 they'll finish second.

Reply #622168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yet if CNS goes 2-2 they'll make the playoffs"

That doesn't take into account any other results. If both Perth and Sydney split their final game, then all three teams will be tied.

Reply #622172 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This season continues to be compelling and extraordinary. Here is the run home.

Ade: 17-8, Qualified

Ill: 13-12, 3 remaining, 2 @ home, need to win 2 to qualify outright, 1 to depend on tiebreakers

Syd: 13-13, 2 remaining, 1 @ home, need to win 2 to qualify outright, 1 to depend on tiebreakers

Cai: 12-12, 4 remaining, 2 @ home, need to win 3 to qualify outright, 2 to depend on tiebreakers

Per: 12-12, 4 remaining, 2 @ home, need to win 3 to qualify outright, 2 to depend on tiebreakers

NZ: 12-14, 2 remaining, 1 @ home, need to win both to depend on tiebreakers

Mel: 11-13, 4 remaining, 2 @ home, need to win all four to qualify outright, 3 to depend on tiebreakers

Bri: 10-16, Failed to qualify

61% of the time so far this season the home team has won.

Travel could be a factor in the last two rounds for those teams playing 4 games.

Perth is used to travel but is @ home tonight then @ Cairns 40 hours later; @ home next Friday then @ Melbourne 40 hours later.

Cairns is only slightly better: @ Illawarra tonight, @ home 40 hours later, @ home next Thursday then @ Adelaide 48 hours later

Melbourne has two games this weekend 48 hours apart but with only a short flight to Sydney in between, but next week does @ NZ then @ home 40 hours later.

Reply #622182 | Report this post

Bob the Tongue  
Years ago

The Tongue decrees that Melbourne will miss out

so will the Breakers

The Tongue knows all and tastes all victories

Reply #622185 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Of course, not even 15 wins will assure you a spot in the finals (although it would help!)

It is still possible (if somewhat unlikely) to have four teams (Syd, Ill, Cai & Per) tied on 15 wins behind Adelaide for the last three playoff spots.

Similarly, all six teams can still end up with 14 wins and a six team mini-table (please let this happen).

Reply #622189 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Cruical games this weekend,should be a beauty.

My predictions

Adelaide
Illawarra
Perth
Sydney

Cairns
Melb miss out by %

Nail biter for 4 teams going for 2-3 spots

Reply #622202 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Adelaide
Cairns
Hawks
Sydney

My heart says Perth have to make it, but its a tough road.

Reply #622213 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754