Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Mundine-Green II

Man v Machine @ Adelaide Oval tonight.
Does anyone care?
I'm not a fight fan but it would make my day to see Mundine lose.
Green the fav with the bookies

Topic #40783 | Report this topic

Dazzamaniac  
Years ago

Like South Park Predicted. More people will care about what happens during the anthem then the match itself.

Reply #622163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 has beens trying to make some money.

Reply #622164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a huge fan of boxing or either guy. I don't mind Green but don't love him either. Mundine is one of the biggest flogs in Australia though so hoping he gets KO'd pretty quick.

Reply #622165 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Two pensioners trying to squeeze the last $$$ out of their careers. Mundine to get absolutely punished by Green for sure.

Is anyone even going to this in Adelaide, what are ticket sales like?

Reply #622166 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

why go to the boxing when it is a Sturt v Forestville night ?

Reply #622170 | Report this post

Cat Mario  
Years ago

I will not be going my friends

However I think to see Mundine get pulverised into a bloody pulp
He will still be slavering on and on even if he is redced to a pile of blood and bone

Green is a good fighter

Mundine will play the race card when he is demolished

If mundine wins he will make a hate speech

No outcome is positive, remember that!

Reply #622173 | Report this post

Bob the Tongue  
Years ago

Anyone think that Mundine may actually win??

or just mundines dentist after he will have to reconstruct his shattered jaw

Eels sign mundine in 2018

Reply #622178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mundine is very smart, he gets everyone talking abt the fight, people pay to see him lose, he dont care $60 is $60.
He is actually a decent dude outside the spotlight by all reports.

I hate/hated Mundine like everyone else, amt of crap he talks, you guys don't hoenstly believe he believes all that??

Anyway he is there to sell the fight to get a big pay day on way out. Smart.

I used to love Greeny.

But does anyone actually swallow the crap he serving up after 2006 fight with Mundine?
He claims he was a skeleton had to starve to make weight and was dehydrated and a shell of himself.

Do people realise at the time all his world title fights (interm) were at super middle weight? It was his preferred weight back then, he thought his punching power was best suited at super middle.
Then he got destroyed by Mundine, completely outboxed,and then never fought at that weight again.

He created Danny weight fighting for titles and catch weights.

Stipe Drews - watch that fight what a joke the guy got warned for running away and not fighting, in a world title fight come on!! He was laughing at the end of the fight, then he retired the next day.
Briggs - Dont go there.

RJJ yep well done on that.
Tarver - altho he got smashed atleast he had balls to get these fights.

So now he will hv 10kgs on Mundine tonight, it should be illegal.

What a joke.

Reply #622181 | Report this post

Bob the Tongue  
Years ago

3kgs actually

look at quade coopers opponent for tonite

fat boy billy from the back of bathurst

Reply #622184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mundine is very smart"

I stopped reading there.

Reply #622188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3kgs acutally??

hahah u dont know boxing I take it.

Thats ok, ill explain.

They weigh in 36hrs prior to fight Danny weighs 82.9kgs (in his jocks), Mundine 76.9kgs (in his baggy shorts)
Danny was fasting/wearing plastic bags in suana's etc.
He will put on 7-9kgskgs before the fight starts. 4kgs just in water weight no doubt.
He wouldnt of had a glass of water 24hrs before weight in.

Mundine will come in 79kgs as he hasnt needed to fast.

They will be close to 10kgs difference by time the bells goes.

Reply #622191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon's right. The diet and routine of boxers (and most fighters) pre fight/weigh in is ridiculous. The amount of weight they lose for weigh in and then put on in the 24hrs before the fight is crazy.

Reply #622193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #622195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares, hope they knock one another out, now that be a good result. I'll be watching the double header of basketball, now that's worth watching. :)

Reply #622200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the scry thing can be that 10kg dfference that culd make the difference between winning and getting killed.

Reply #622207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ideally Mundine gets knocked out to the point he can't talk anymore. He says a lot of annoying 'wannabe controversial' stuff. But all in all good for a bet, but this is a pointless bout, neither has a future in the sport just a pay day tonight.

Reply #622217 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He's far from a decent dude. Ask all the girls he's harassed at the grand lol

Reply #622226 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

As usual Mundine will lose, accuse everyone of cheating and declare he won anyway.

Reply #622245 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

With less than 3 minutes left in the 3rd and his team down 23, Mitchell decided that its now a good time to start attacking the rim... SMH.

Reply #622253 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Whoops wrong thread...

Reply #622254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every good contest needs a villain, Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker, Joker to Batman, it sells the tickets. Otherwise who would watch the fight, everyone wants Green to win, so Mundine has fired up the controversy. Surest way to do that is fire up the race card and either the flag or national anthem.
Talk all you want, both are laughing all the way to the bank. And Mundine has been an amazing athlete, who knows what he could have been if he had concentrated on boxing instead of Rugby League from day one. Could have been one of Australia's greatest fighters.
People on this forum rave on about Delly's toughness, but he's got a bit of mongrel in him and Americans can say it's dirty. I think it's better a sportsman has that killer instinct and self belief, end of the day who cares what mundine says, it'll be forgotten in a few weeks.
Hopefully it's a good fight and entertaining.

Reply #622283 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

That first-round cheap shot will go down as one of the more filthy acts in Aussie sports history. Plus, the way he carried himself after the verdict. Good riddance.

Take that L boy

Reply #622284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And???

Reply #622291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Green wins in a split.

Reply #622294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it a fair decision? A lot of people saying it was controversial

Reply #622298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't see the fight due to the basketball, but yeah lots saying it was controversial. Some expert comments I read though made it seem pretty 50/50 and like it could have gone either way.

I'm not sure how many people who think its controversial are really into and knowledgeable on boxing. From some of what I read it sounds like Mundine finished better, but green was pretty good early/in the middle. I think lots of the controversial comments may be from people who aren't big boxing fans and look at the end and think 'yeah mundine won' based on him being better at the end, but ignore the points Green may have gotten earlier in the fight... if that makes sense.

that's my theory anyway lol

Reply #622302 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

In before mundine comes out with "racist judges". Was at cats game so didn't see fight but apparently the controversy is one judge had the fight 98-90 which was a bit off the others.

Reply #622313 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I personally thought Mundine won by a mile but maybe I just don't understand boxing.

Reply #622336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a look at about the 1min mark. Mundine cheap shots Green and rocks him solid. 1 point deducted too. Classic Green battles the full fight out and gets the W. How a ref could have a 8 point spread is beyond me.

Reply #622338 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

There's no way anyone could call that fight 98 - 90. I'd be having a serious look at the judge that called it.

The fight was very close, even though I'd backed Green to win on points (which meant it had to go the full 10 rounds) I'm surprised I won the bet.

Reply #622347 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

It was a reasonably even, low standard (technically), but tough fight. When it ended I expected Mundine would win. Surprised that Green won, but it wasn't as clear cut a win to Mundine as some people are saying now.

The problem is the one judge who called is 98-90 was so ridiculous, so it opens it up to even more criticism.

Reply #622350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mundane lost, who cares how it happened. Maybe now he can drift off into obscurity and we won't have to listen to any more of his crap in the public domain.

Reply #622356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting hear on ABC radio that Corbin Middlemas said that the ref had got it wrong at that point. He should have called stop when they were in a clinch, he didn't and Mundine continued to fight. Green was concussed CH seemed to think.

Maybe the ref was a former NBL ref ;)

Reply #622358 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I was at the fight.

Crowd was 85% Green but for some stretches there wasn't a whole lot to cheer about. Certainly Mundine got the better of rounds 7-9. The judge that scored it 98-90 must be taking the piss.

Having said that, Mundine is a dirty dog who threw a cheap shot that took the wind out of Green's strategy and almost brought the thing to an end, so I'm glad Green got the result. Still a frustrating night since No one saw what we came to see- Mundine lying on the canvas.

Reply #622359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

News article said the ref wanted to end the fight in the first, that's how bad green was after the cheap shot.

To last 9 more rounds is amazing. Mundine can whine all he wants but he should have been dq'd

Reply #622381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The overall standard was poor, befitting of two fairly non-technical fighters in their 40s. Plenty of cheap shots, and obviously one of Mundine's landed.

But I thought the only certainty based on the fight was that Green didn't win. Mundine didn't dominate him, and in the end it was probably his own conservative style that prevented a clear victory.

As for all the Mundine hate, even though there are plenty of objective reasons to dislike him, there's a certain section of Mundine haters/Green fans who are just so transparently ugly and underhanded in their hatred that I can't get on board with it. So when he fights I (somewhat reluctantly) hope he wins just to shut them up.

Reply #622386 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, the whole thing did get people talking about boxing again.

So, is there any good young talent coming through, or are we going to be watching these old guys, ex-footballers and imports for a while?

Reply #622475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754