Isaac
Years ago

Holmes to miss Blitz

Last year's Blitz MVP, Jacob Holmes, will remain in Adelaide this weekend and miss the NBL Blitz to rest niggling injuries after an active off-season playing in NZ and with the Boomers.

The Sixers flew out of Adelaide this morning, and I believe they took Brad Gerlach as tenth man, giving a Blitz roster of:

Maher/Gerlach
Farley/Hill
Nash/Forman
Rychart/Hambour
Cooper/Rees

It is the first time this pre-season that Smyth has had Hill and Rees available for interclub games.

Topic #4080 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

I guess that will provide scope for Nash to extend on the form he showed in SEABL.

What injuries does Holmes have...or is it just a case of needing a break?

Reply #47468 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So if the Big O wins the Woollacott, will yoube accepting the award on his behalf Isaac??? A drunken acceptance speach???

Reply #47469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spinner, I've heard feet/ankles, but Boti said shins I think so let's just say 'below the knees'. Not massively serious, but the coaches would rather he be rested and in shape for the NBL opening.

Panther, the Woollacott event kicks off at 6PM. The Sixers fly into Adelaide at 6PM Sunday and, though a bit late, Oscar will be attending the dinner.

I think that Nash's recent form has been good enough to give him a chance at starting for the Sixers.

Reply #47471 | Report this post

Horatio  
Years ago

The Boomers recent schedule has been pretty rough. They've played at least 11 full on and tough games in 4 weeks, plus training, in 3 countries over several cities. The Kings are apparently leaving CJ and Smith at home for the Blitz, and if Holmes is sore, a little extra break before the season starts is probably wise.

Reply #47520 | Report this post

red dog  
Years ago

phil is concerned that Jake's form after mvp in blitz dropped off slightly and is trying to ensure that he is as fresh as possible at the start of the real business. The freshen up seems to have helped Mark Nash!!

Reply #47521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754