Illawarra - $4.50

Odds for the first two NBL Semi Final games:

36ers $1.55
Hawks $2.45
Line -3.5

Taipans $1.65
Wildcats $2.25
Line -2.5

Anyone fancy any of that? Maybe Perth at $4? Do they get HCA against Illawarra if they both win through?

Should be two very close and competitive match-ups.

Topic #40863 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Do they get HCA against Illawarra if they both win through?"

I believe so. This is how they got HCA against NZ last season, when it became 2nd vs 4th in the GF.

Reply #624842 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Interestingly, in the pre-season Adelaide had the most money on it to win the title. They obviously didn't have the best odds to win it but people don't put money on someone they don't think have a chance to win it.

On the other hand people on here had Adelaide to finish last.

I think Perth are in the best form to win it. I have under rated Cairns all season but I think they will be swept by Perth (hoping I am wrong again). Then Perth will go on to win it.

Reply #624847 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Perth are a decent pick for that money, if for Cotton and Prather alone. Entertainment-wise though I think Hawks-Adelaide is going to be the best series this post-season and it's a shame that it can't be the Finals.

Reply #624852 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Cats type of play is interesting, if not dynamic. Cotton, Prather and Jameel will slam dunk at least once in a game.

For all non Cats fans, this is the period where you will start to hate Cats most. Enjoy otherwise.

Reply #624862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually tipped a Perth Perth V 6ers GF so I see no reason to think otherwise. Perth had Cairns down and out in Cairns(led by 13) and blew it. I think they can win one game over there to advance.

6ers will get it going in the playoffs.

Reply #624878 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They obviously didn't have the best odds to win it but people don't put money on someone they don't think have a chance to win it.
If the odds are high enough, they do.

I got Perth at $10 which isn't looking too bad right now. Also got Cairns to beat Adelaide in their first game of last round, and Perth to beat Melbourne - both relatively obvious bets, and surprised the bookies had them each as underdogs.

Really surprised that Adelaide are so short for Game 1.

Reply #624899 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Each to their own.
I'm not into gambling and loathe sports betting.

Reply #624903 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Each to their own.
I'm not into gambling and loathe sports betting.

I'm an each to their own type too, if people want to blow their money on gambling so be it. I've said before it's a voluntary tax on stupidity, which it is.

Last year my brother's relationship fell apart and they had to sell the house. He got $20k himself from the sale and within four months had blown the lot despite working full time. We found out he's gotten right into sports betting specifically on NBA games and all that spreads and that crap.

Now he's hitting our mother up for loans for thousands of dollars because he's broke. I'm well aware he's an idiot and he clearly now has a problem with gambling but it's an insidious industry that preys on the vulnerable and those who often can't afford to lose it.

My uncle has had problems with gambling in the past mainly pokies, the evil one-armed bandits he calls them and a friend of a friend is always broke and asking people for loans due to his gambling problems on the dogs & horses.

There is a reason these betting agencies are worth hundreds of millions even billions of dollars and we're all not.

Reply #624907 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

+1

I also have seen mates and family members heavily addicted to sports betting....and it destroys families.

I also attribute some of the crazier things we've seen in sport to corruption as a result of sports betting.

In a small market sport like NBL, it is particularly venerable to this sort of thing.

Like I said, each to their own but the bullshit isn't for me.

Reply #624929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's just like alcohol - the key is moderation.

Reply #624931 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I focus more on future/outright bets. Like making/missing playoffs and over/under wins, points etc. Not enough value in head to head games unless you're getting them right at a very good percentage. Some of the nbl future odds on sportsbet have been right out there. Made a decent profit but do understand moderation is key

Reply #624941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ betting your last $20K on NBA. At least be more careful on sport/league selection FFS. What a fish!

Reply #624942 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Just put $20k on the Sixers. Boys in blue gon get it this yr.

Reply #625134 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Manu, we've spoken about this sort of post. Don't tease them, please.

Reply #625228 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

No value here.

Reply #625327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been on Wildcats at $9 odds for a couple of months. Have a feeling Hawks might beat Adelaide this week so jumping on them too $8 with crown.

If it ends up being Wildcats vs Adelaide I may cash out depending on what they offer, or possibly hedge a bit on Adelaide.

Reply #627494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I've been on Wildcats at $9 odds for a couple of months. Have a feeling Hawks might beat Adelaide this week so jumping on them too $8 with crown."

happy I jumped on hawks too yesterday! Wildcats/Hawks GF means i've guaranteed myself a very nice payout

Reply #628187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still here Manu? Haven't lost the house? Invested in a PFD? Idiot. Guess what his boyfriend wouldn't even know that's Ok.

Reply #628193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754