Cram
Years ago

NBA trades

NBA trade season has arrived. Just a week or so until the deadline and things have hotted up.

Nurkic to Portland for a plumlee was an interesting one. Plumlee is better now, especially as a fit playing in the Nuggets system, but Nurkic has some potential still and without any other genuine bigs in POR will get his chance to show what he can do.

Ibaka to the Raptors for Ross and a late first rounder seems a good deal for both. Yes, the Magic screwed up trading for Serge in the first place, but at least now they have recovered some value.

As a Raptors fan I love this deal. The Raps were awful at the 4, and Ibaka is as perfect of a player as we were ever gonna get. It is a risk as he might leave in the off season, but the Raptors had to do something. This team needed something to put them back into contention in the East, and while it doesn't put them over the top of the Cavs, it puts them back in the conversation.

Now the Raps need to find a way to get some value out of the young guys on their roster. Wright, Caboclo, Poetl and Siakim all have potential but along with Sullinger we're getting nothing from them. I'd be happy to move any of them for one rotation level wing.

Seems Jahlil Okafor is certain to move in the next week. Hopefully the Sixers can find some good wing shooting

Topic #40882 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I saw something about Okafor to the Bulls? Was that premature?

Reply #625365 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

There's been a bit about Okafor. It seems that the Bulls and more recently the Pelicans are the two most likely destinations.

Will be interesting to see what happens there but I think with Embiid's latest injury the Sixers might be better off keeping Okafor and letting him play to hopefully increase his value heading into the off-season.

Reply #625376 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I think they thought a deal was happening Saturday which i think was the Pels deal. Then he didnt travel for their Boston deal. Get the feeling it may be an injury slowing things down.

The Sixers don't really have the minutes to play all of their bigs, especially if Simmons comes in after the all star break (no guarantee)

Reply #625379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754