Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Who is most important to their teams

So I was just thinking about which Perth player I'd rather have do an ACL, and it got me thinking which player is most important to their team's chances of winning the Championship.

Taipans
Jawai. In the Perth series anyway. The big boy showed what he's got in that 22 and 10 game v Perth a couple weeks back, but that was the only game he's channelled his frustration in the right way. Otherwise it'd be Gliddon. We grow an extra leg when the skipper is on. But christ almighty that's very seldom. Puts on the Harry Potter invisibility cloak far too often for a starter, let alone a captain. Four FGAs in half an hour of playing time doesn't cut the mustard.

Sixers
Randle. Pretty open and shut.

Hawks
Tough one. AJ I'd say. Is like Nate in that he's a confidence guy. Needs to be either confident or pissed off to get him going. He does pout though. He's the only real inside scoring threat. Kay is good, but just not polished enough yet.

Perth (hate em)
As a Perth fan, what do you dread more... Casey going down or Cotton going down?

Topic #40898 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Wishing any player would do an ACL is just a dick move and shows the quality of the person you are. End of thread.

Reply #626152 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You're right, but it was really in jest. Taking the piss is kinda my tone here, if you haven't been following.

For the purposes of appeasing the little engine that could, let's call it a non-serious injury that lasts for the exact duration of the playoffs.

Reply #626153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most important person for teams facing Taipans in playoffs = finals choker Fearne

Reply #626155 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Lowlife...

Reply #626156 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

If it was in jest you might want to look st not starting a thread with "So I was just thinking about which Perth player I'd rather have do an ACL,"

Reply #626158 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Choo-choo... Dude. Look up the word glib. Then go through my profile and look at my comment history, chiefly the tone with which I communicate. That's just me, deal with it.

Now let's move past your grievances and discuss what this thread is actually about. I feel there could be some interesting points of view.

Reply #626159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah maybe don't be such a dickhead instead of blaming people for not knowing your posting history.

Reply #626162 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

For Perth I have always thought it was Casey, and I still lean ever so slightly that way just based on how ordinary we still looked most of the time we had Cotton but Casey was hurt. There are plenty of good reasons why he was neck and neck with Randle in the MVP voting for a good chunk of the season.
Take either away and we're screwed though to be honest.

Reply #626163 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I reckon it's Prather hey. They have such little backup at the wing positions, but if Cotton were to go down then Damo would step up and run a good show. Martin is an underrated and underachieving offensive player, for mine

Reply #626164 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'd still go with Prather. Purely because he is simply irreplaceable. Our resurgence over these last few games, has come on the back of him firing again (along with Cotton.)

Don't get me wrong, we'd be in deep caca without either, but I reckon we could cover Cotton slightly better than Prather.

Adelaide similarly have a couple of guys they'd be lost without in Randle, DJ, and probably Sobey. I'm tempted to say Randle is the obvious pick, and I think he is. Who runs the point when he's out? Teys???

Hawks, probably AJ. They need Rotnei offensively, but would be lost without AJ.

Cairns, I reckon its Nate. You see what happens when he cops soft fouls and has to sit.

Reply #626167 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... and we certainly saw in last season's GF series what a huge factor he can be when he gets going, too. After a frustratingly foul-plagued, injury-plagued, inconsistent regular season for us, he still ended up being the x-factor that got us the title.
And that's exactly why I'm not counting my chickens yet in this semi final series.

Reply #626189 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I have no issue with Manu's comment in jest. Was fine with me and Im a Perth fan. Im sure it was not to be taken seriously.

Anyway...

Adelaide - Randle, Sobey and Johnson. They didnt finish on top soley because of Randle.

Perth - Cotton, Prather and Martin. Defensively could be a huge factor if Martin gets going with the in-form Prather and Cotton. Knight now looking good too.

Cairns - Jawai, though i think they're done.

Illawarra - Ogilvy, Clarke.

Reply #626193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai shows up for the Cats last season but no heart for his home team. Pathetic.

Reply #626196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't wish a ACL injury on any player in any sport.

After watching the hawks vs 36ers game IMO the most important person is AJ. He a runner up MVP, All 1st Team and had NO impact on the game.

I'm sure Bevo and the team want more from him in game 2 to take the series to a game 3.

My message to AJ as a Hawks fan is... Play like a BEAST instead of a Bitch!

Reply #626203 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed with your choice of players Haz

Reply #626207 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

NB: I think we can all understand that the OP is talking hypothetically, as a segue into his topic. He's not "wishing" bad things on anybody.

Reply #626218 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Jawai shows up for the Cats last season but no heart for his home team
I've seen Nate play with considerable fire and passion for Cairns.
His problem remains getting caught with soft fouls early, then benched, then coming one knowing he can't afford to foul.

Reply #626219 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Sorry Manu, I was a bit harsh last night. Looking back at your OP while I was sober - I overreacted a bit *facepalm*

Reply #626291 | Report this post

Yrie Kirving  
Years ago

Admitting a mistake is a quality move. Well done Train.

If I am ever wrong about anything I'd like to think I will do the same thing.

Reply #626303 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

haha i broke the golden rule .... don't go onto forums or social media after vodka. There's a lot of dicks on these forums and I certainly don't want to be one of them haha

Reply #626306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many apologies does Dazz owe us?

Reply #626313 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

We're good, Train. A few vodka celebration shots eh?

Yeah I'd be happy too if my team almost tripled its biggest road win of the season in a playoff game.

Grrrrrr they shit me to tears. Perth, that is. Cairns too I guess. But mainly... grrrr... no I'm okay.... grrrr... look I'm fine... grrrrrrrth.

Wildc****

Reply #626318 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

hahaha yep, i was pretty stoked with the win. Was not expecting that in Carins!!!

Reply #626321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans choked though to add to the blowout

Reply #626331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754