Dazz
Years ago

Can we teach McKay not to Travel?

Yes, sorry, its another very specific "Dazz" thread. But it's a genuine question and I would like opinions.

Like any import, I've no idea if he'll be back next season. Or if not at the Cats, maybe at another team. But anyway the question I'm asking is whether in the off-season, he can be taught not to travel (under the NBL interpretation.)

For a big guy, he is very quick and athletic, and can actually run the court. So its doubly disappointing that we can't hit him in transition. Its become a running sore, "don't pass to McKay when he's moving." Even when he's stationary when receiving, he'll often travel by stepping before the ball hits the court. He's obviously acutely aware of the problem, because sometimes he'll try to leap from where he is, rather than put the ball on the floor.

So back to the question. Is this something that needs to be ingrained in players from a young age? How easy is it to correct in an adult?

As a more general question, is this a problem with a softer interpretation (or variance in the actual rule) in the USA?

Topic #40900 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #626225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no he is fully unco

Reply #626228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would 'we' want to teach him not to travel? We want him to travel!

Reply #626232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #626233 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol

Reply #626237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another dumb dazz question

Reply #626287 | Report this post

Yrie Kirving  
Years ago

I think it's possible.
One thing I have learned lately is that you can teach people all kinds of crazy-sounding things.

Reply #626304 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I hope McKay sticks around personally, I think if he could bulk up a bit more and work on his foot work he could be a great long term player.

Reply #626308 | Report this post

Boomers fan  
Years ago

Maybe see if you can teach that big spud Egwu from Cairns not to travel, while you're at it.

Reply #626895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or Mitchell to stop making stupid fouls.

Reply #626970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754