Anonymous
Years ago

Why does Shane heal call every game?

Fox had a good spread of analysts this year but it seems as the season has progressed we're seeing more and more of heal. For mine he is average, I prefer James Harvey or trigger.

Topic #40908 | Report this topic

AC  
Years ago

Because he needs the money for his upcoming fraud case

Reply #626787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is broke and this is his last way to make some coin in basketball since he is a failed coach.

Poor by NBL TV for yielding to him as he sucks at commentary.

Reply #626790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like heal, he calls it the way he sees it.

Reply #626812 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

"I like heal, he calls it the way he sees it."
Must be blind then

Reply #626820 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I hated Heal like most Adelaide fans when he played but I really like his colour commentary. He doesn't do every game either - he didn't do game 1 in Adelaide.

I actually prefer him over every other special comments guy this season. Not afraid to give his opinion, calls it how he sees it and you have to respect that. Especially as he's a better player and played at a higher level than every other special comments guy this season. That counts for something. He's not afraid to argue with his co-commentator either like today with Brad Rosen which makes for more entertainment. As Bill Walton once said "when everyone thinks alike, no one thinks at all".

As for past special comments guys I always liked Derek Rucker too. My perfect combination would be Casey and Gaze. They were brilliant at the Olympics.

Reply #626830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is the only one who calls out the Cats getting home calls. But even so he is awful and has a tarnished background now. No thanks.

Reply #626833 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I like Heal, one of the better colour commentators along with James Harvey. So much better than Brad Robbins.

Reply #626838 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

I liked Rucker for his basketball IQ.

Reply #626862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker is good but also has a dodgy history now after what happened last year at the QBL team he was running.

Reply #626864 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Whereas Shane Heal has no troubling issues in his past at all.

Reply #626866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you being sarcastic?

Reply #626867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Innocent until proven guilty, Heal is good at commentary, I like how when Rosen was talking crap yesterday he actually told him his opinion, that Ogilivy had enough shots he just wasn't making them.

There's a lot crooks out there running scociety and no one gives a rats arse and yet Heal gets condemned of a supposedly bad business deal.

Reply #626873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd be happy if he called every game. Good mix of insight and opinion.

Reply #626875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real question should be why does brad Rosen commentate any games!? His commentary style speed and previewed knowledge is heinous on my ear drums.

Reply #626889 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm in the pro-Heal camp, at least with commentary, I think he's really good and interacts with the other commentary guys well... James Harvey is really good as well, and I hope that he gets more gigs next season, but assume that after his move north, he's more available for the QLD games...

I liked Rucker as well, but he got bogged down a bit at times...

Reply #626892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are you kidding me.

Heal only commentates to make himself sound better and put himself in better positions. To sarcastic from my liking. When he commentates with Brad Robbins, he just overpowers him and disagrees with everything and makes him sound crap

I thought Brad Rosen was excellent yesterday. He had no problem disagreeing with heal and especially about the refereeing. I loved his point that basically said that the players have to adjust. Even though Heal said that those calls should not be made Rosen corrected him and said that they have to play to the way the referees have called it all year (even if they don't agree with it). He was brilliant

Reply #626997 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

"Heal only commentates to make himself sound better and put himself in better positions."

What??

Reply #627004 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

" thought Brad Rosen was excellent yesterday. He had no problem disagreeing with heal and especially about the refereeing"

The same Brad Rosen who went on a rant about Coenraad (who was 5/6 from the field at the time and keeping the team in the game) being counterproductive because him taking shots away from Rotnie and I think AJ and stopping them from getting into rhythm.

So no he is never close to excellent. Constant yapping without engaging his brain.

Reply #627006 | Report this post

Wild Cat  
Years ago

"The same Brad Rosen who went on a rant about Coenraad (who was 5/6 from the field at the time and keeping the team in the game) being counterproductive because him taking shots away from Rotnie and I think AJ and stopping them from getting into rhythm. "

That not what he said at all. If you listen he said the he likes Conread but they can not win with him scoring at taking shots away from Rotnei. After he mentioned this Conread did not score again (and took some dumb shots) and Clark played awesome and lifted his team for a win.

He was right on the money (yes, I like him)

Reply #627016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The one point as mentioned above when Rosen corrected Heal was correct re: adjustments ref have to go with. But apart from that Rosen is crap. Heal even worse. Get rid of them before next season.

Reply #627017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Heal only commentates to make himself sound better and put himself in better positions."

Correct. He has no shame. Two games in a row now verbally masturbating over Joyce. Argh.

Reply #627018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754