Watch this space

Topic #40918 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

Hearing rumblings believe what u want

Reply #627011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney kings? Or Sacramento Kings as Demarcus replacement?

Reply #627013 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Thats fkn huge!! Nigel Purchase did say on SEN today that gaze is USA bound next week to watch some college games

Reply #627045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupid decision. Give up a degree and a possible shot at the NBA?

Reply #627059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not true Tom. Mere speculation from people outside of his camp. Gaze will be looking at Dane Pineau at St Mary's.

Reply #627061 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Isaac averages 8 minutes per game at UK and looks pretty disinterested.

I wouldn't blame him if he returned to his home town

Reply #627066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is lack of minutes. Would be frustrating.

Reply #627067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Nigel never mentioned specific players it seems.

Reply #627068 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Actually 9 minutes per game:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3926491/isaac-humphries

Reply #627069 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Isaac would be crazy to give up that education to come back and play in the NBL. The spot will be there for him when he has done his time at UK. There was a thread awhile back that discussed who made the better decision out of Landale and Humphries in terms of which school to go to. Each player has to make the best decision for themselves with the information available but Isaac was only ever going to get bit part minutes at a school like Kentucky. Calipari is a great coach and salesman, evident by his recruiting history, and may have 'sold' Isaac into coming to UK.

The Pineau story would be more likely. The similarities between he and Mitch Young aren't just limited to the fact they both went to SMC. Dane is an elite defender, get's his hands in to disrupts passes and effects shots. Limited skill set on the O end but can finish hand offs well and is effective in the high PnR with a good guard.

Reply #627073 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Much better for him to stay at UK. He's very young for his class and if he stays and plays out his last 2 seasons eill absolutely get his chance to shine and being on that team means its going to be seen by the scouts.

A good example is Josh Harrellson. Spent 2 seasons riding the pine for UK before eventually having a "breakout" third season averaging 8 and 9 which, along with team success was enough to get him drafted and spend some time in the NBA.

Reply #627345 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with Cram. Humphries should stay.

Reply #627351 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Agree. Even if he doesn't make the NBA, this spot will be there for him when he's done if he doesn't want to go overseas... Can't pass up a situation like UK, although I don't know who is before him in the line up and if he'll get a chance to get that breakout season down the track...

Reply #627355 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

I don't think he'll ever get meaningful minutes at UK as they just re-load with Mcdonalds AA's and 5 star recruits each season. I, saying that, I think it's best for him to stay to get his education to be set up after what would/should be a long pro career.

I recently heard a D1 coach say that most schools recruit and some schools choose. Kentucky is in the choose category.

Reply #627372 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He can get a degree during his career. He should be thinking about what is best for his long-term pro career at the moment.

Reply #627388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If UK are reloading why would he stay, it also telling me he might not be that good. One off the draft NBA analyst said he's young still but weren't that complementary, short arm span for a 7 footer and not that athletic, needed a lot work on D. Still only 19 though.

Reply #627395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly^, the kid is bloody 19, leave him be and let him decide!

Reply #627466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, 19 years old and younger than plenty of freshmen. Kentucky might reload, but not every top recruit they land pans out (Labissiere?), and that's when Kentucky's upperclassmen have been given the opportunity to fill the void. Is there any guarantee that Humphries would get more minutes in the NBL? I don't think so. Coming back gets him home, but I think it would be a step backwards opportunity-wise. Up to him whether that's worth it.

Reply #627666 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If he was coming back to play for a proper coach that could actually develop his talents and get his talents so taht he is earning his minutes, ti could be worth it, but that won't happen in Sydney, unfortunately...

Reply #627745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754