Isaac
Years ago

Hypothetical finals player swap

For the sake of the discussion, let's assume Cairns are still in the mix.

If your team could swap any current player with one from a non-playoff NBL team, who would it be? e.g., for the 36ers, it might be swapping Doyle for Goulding. Consider things like weaknesses in current team play, potential chemistry issues, etc. Import limitations apply.

For the Hawks, I wondered about Holyfield replaced by Boone. Or Craig replacing Harris.

For the 36ers, Ferguson swapped with Lisch? Defence at this time of year is especially useful.

For fans of teams out of the finals, you can play spoiler. Which swap could you make that most wrecks a finals-action team? In this case, you must swap import for import or local for local. e.g., Jackson for Randle might be rough for Adelaide...

Topic #40923 | Report this topic

Wookiee  
Years ago

Definitely Powell for Boone... or Bryson/Blake/Jackson for Ware or Dillard...

Reply #627357 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

None of those guys are in the finals and some aren't current!

Your crew missed out, so you need to swap a King for someone from a finals team to doom them.

Reply #627370 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Oh spoiler, der... To be fair though, the first part didn't state specifically that I COULDN'T choose to do that hypothetical player swap or that it was just limited to this part of the season (I would have thought a player swap would have been more effective earlier on in the season, hence including the path of shitty Kings import spot choices)

Taking Randle out of the 36ers is the biggest one and having it be Jackson is the hugest difference so that's easy, but secondary could be Prewster for Sobey as having Sobey being able to be so effective when Randle gets the old "dirty treatment" has been a key to the 36ers success this season as well...

Reply #627374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson out for Wright.

Reply #627386 | Report this post

Years ago

Under appreciated hypothetical.

Kirk Penney or Torrey Craig or Brad Newley for Harris would make Hawks tough in a playoff series, but with the way Coenraad is playing the minutes would be limited.

Reply #627416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we allowed to swap starters for bench?

Ware would be attractive as an import swap, but for me the obvious player to want is Penney.
So to make it "fair" I would swap Penney for Kenny. (Kiwi for Kiwi)

Reply #627469 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Corbin Wroe for Kevin Lisch.

Reply #627478 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Sobey in for Prather. I don't think Prather flops enough to fit in with the rest of the Wildcats culture.

Reply #627497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Newley for Teys actually. 36ers would be very tough to beat then.

Reply #627504 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

I have salivated all year about how good the Hawks would be with Craig instead of Harris. Hawks for years have needed a great defender of multiple positions along with rebounding help.

Craig ticks all those boxes. Whatever points he gets are just a bonus.

The Hawks tempo would be perfect for him as he has shown how a step up from the Fearne slow walk to Lemanis' middling tempo has allowed him to better utilise his skill set. Albeit Lemanis still just parked him on the wing at times.

Without having to play heavy minutes and encouraged by Bevo to attack he would excel at the breakneck Hawks pace.

Reply #627529 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

If I might suggest an addendum to this:

What player(s), within reason, would you like to poach for next season, assuming for the sake of argument that your team stays otherwise the same?
Perhaps ignore obvious picks like Ware etc.

As a Wildcats fan I am a little worried that Matt Knight might not be around much longer, However its hard to think of many batter local bigs. AJ, DJ, and DK would be the obvious best. Will Brisbane persist with all their tall timber? What are Bairstow's plans?

Wouldn't mind trading up Jameel McKay. Ok, I'm being a greedy Perth fan. - Perhaps Josh Boone or a healthy Akil Mitchell?

Reply #627827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754