Anonymous
Years ago

Ain't karma a bitch, Joey?

I swear that if I didn't have ears my head would fall off.

I tried to tell him...

Joey, I said Mate, I said Joey, I said Mate, don’t mess with form. Just accept that you will have to face the Wildcats in the Grand Final and get on with it.

But did he listen?

So this is the 2nd season on the trot that Perth have stormed into the GF as favourites with HCA after the leaders choked in the semis. Oh the Perth-Haters will be having fits.

Still can’t stop laughing.

Stand Together, West Australia…

Topic #40936 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

We still love you Bevo!

Reply #628169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speak for yourself Bevo's a twat

Reply #628176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Speak for yourself Bevo's a twat"

So, Bevo is a twat and Gleesons a flog, and yet they're the 2 grand finalists lol

Reply #628178 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Listen up moron!

Karma isn't a thing like ghosts aren't a thing like gods aren't a thing like fairies at the bottom of the garden aren't a thing.

Shit happens. Deal with it!

Note: Joey wasn't listening to you and will continue to not listen to you. You are talking into the void.

Reply #628185 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Seeing Bevo beaming from ear to ear reminded me how much this all means to him. Champ.

Joey should be proud of what his team achieved this year. Great effort by the 36ers.

Reply #628188 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

What did his team achieve? Finished equal last along with everyone not Perth or Illawarra.

Reply #628190 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Karma is a thing, have you not seen my name is earl...

Reply #628195 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Karma isn't a thing like ghosts aren't a thing like gods aren't a thing like fairies at the bottom of the garden aren't a thing, like Hawks being a dirty team aren't a thing, like Adelaide players being far better players than the Hawks players aren't a thing .

Fixed

Reply #628199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once you said "Joey, I said Mate, I said Joey, I said Mate, don't mess with form. Just accept that you will have to face the Wildcats in the Grand Final and get on with it." I knew you were "special"

Reply #628200 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Suck shit 6ers!!!

Reply #628202 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Duke Fan when 2/3's of your team had next to no professional experience, making game 3 of a semi is a great result.

Reply #628216 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Spot on LV this was a hell of an achievement by Joey one of the greatest coaching performances in NBL history. Finished the regular season top of the ladder first time a Sixers team has done that in 17 years and came within one game of the GF.

You might not personally like Joey but only a complete imbecile wouldn't be able to recognise how great a job he did this season.

Reply #628222 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

The ring's the thing. You can puff out your chest with all the feel good stories you like, in the end they've achieved no more this season than Brisbane did.

Reply #628255 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

ROFLcopter
A couple of hours ago
21:20 23 Feb 17

Reply #628202
re: Aint Karma a BITCH Joey

Suck shit 6ers!!!

Unfortunately i know of no human being with a mouth big enough to encompass your skull and thus form a seal around the hole to vacuum out the contents..

perhaps you could try to borrow some class from a primary school drop out ?

Reply #628263 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

LV, Bevo has done a great job with a tight budget and who everyone outside of Wollongong gave them no chance of making the playoff let alone the g/f and he would be super proud of his players.He will be so happy for the fans and everybody involved with the Hawks.I think Adelaide shooting of there mouths(RANDLE,CREEK AND JOEY)didn't help and especially being a young team there heads weren't in the right place.

Reply #628271 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Ok, you lost any credibility saying there aren't any faeries at the bottom of the garden, pull your head in mate...

You get what you put out into the universe, and while the smack talk was great to watch as a fan of the game, you gotta back it up otherwise you have to face the consequences and that's what Randle, Creek and Joey will have to deal with...

Disagree that 36ers achieved as much as the Bullets, that statement is an oversimplification and just wrong...

Reply #628286 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The ring's the thing. You can puff out your chest with all the feel good stories you like, in the end they've achieved no more this season than Brisbane did.
This is arbitrary simplification. Consider every future discussion of teams making it to semi-finals, or the Wildcats run of post-season action, etc. Obviously the championship is the lone pinnacle, but there are loads of other things that count for something - individual awards, winning finals games, avoiding the spoon, winning streaks and so on.

They engineered some results but how does it really matter if they couldn't get by Illawarra? Whether Perth is down the track is largely irrelevant. I don't think it was insane to line up the Hawks as a first opponent. Even before G3, I still expected them to win confidently and would've liked their chances against Perth with HCA.

Once they had won SF G1, I think the Cairns games and losing slide in general were irrelevant. There was even a lot to take from G2 they could've been happy with.

Reply #628295 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Sure they all count for something, but really don't mean anything. As a coach for 16 years I've had to stand in front of teams in a change room after a loss like that in similar circumstances and tell all those lies. But they're still lies. I know it, the players know it, Joey knows it. I think you know it too.

After all those things you can say they "achieved" this year, losing last night is even harder to take. But it doesn't really matter if you're undefeated regular season and top the table or you scrape into the finals on a countback, in pro sport if you don't win it all you've achieved zip. It's not U12's, there's no participation award

Reply #628300 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm contesting your remark about Brisbane. One got the spoon. Another had two first-teamers, the MVP, MIP, COTY, ROTY, and other milestones. That's achieving more than Brisbane and those things will enter discussions for years to come regardless of a championship being the ultimate.

Reply #628310 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Fair enough. I disagree though. The other things are bonuses but to me the ultimate sign of achievement for a team is to win the competition. I'd swap any of the others for that. When old farts like me crap on over a beer the discussion is always "Remember '84 when we won it all" never "remember '87 when we got ROTY"

Reply #628313 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

I am a biased Wildcats fan. I feel the disappointment is often larger when expectations are high. If you looked at Adelaide after 5 or so games then to have made the play-offs is a good result.
Topping the table was itself a great achievement.

Strangely now the pressure is on Perth. A week ago we were all relived just to make the play-offs, now suddenly Adelaide is out so were are favourites. We had no expectation of winning another championship but now if we don't there will be major disappointment.

Reply #628321 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754